Sign in to follow this  
Uryu

Will EXP accumulate and carry over

Will xp accumulate at level cap, and go towards level 56, Once the cap is gone? if not could we get a experiance bonus for skill points. Can't wrap my head around why there is a cap in the first place. It take less then a day to hit 55. Less then a hour with avarage gear and xp scrolls grinding on the weekend at night (in game). Depending on your class, may take a bit longer 1-3 hours.

Edited by Uryu

No and you aint going to hit cap fast lol do you expect to have plus 15 gear first day? Yea right

Edited by Bnews757
  • Like 1

You really think your going to jump in and hit cap in a couple hour lol im sure they will slow it down 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

You really think your going to jump in and hit cap in a couple hour lol im sure they will slow it down 

We hit level cap in beta in no time and that was with people leveling in low level areas. The mobs will be the same as on PC. So, yes I do expect to hit 55 in a day. Xp scrolls plus night time and the weekend xp bonus is iceing on the cake, also I did have all level 15 gear in beta. Which is not hard to accure. But besides that I'll be playing 72 hours before the official release, so if we have to wait a week or more after launch I would like to know ahead of time before wasting took much time grinding. I'll just play amthem, that's what I would say if I was not about to spend 100+ on the game to get 3 days ahead... I do understand I can still grind for money and SP, I bought the 72 hour for the levels, I know they don't want us to out level the content to fast, however we have limited classes and the class I'm going to main is not even out yet. I personally don't want to waste too much time on a class that will become a alt for boss's. With that being said, level does not matter with out gear so me out leveling a zone will be do much, plus we don't even have awakening yet.  considering it will take us longer to receive updates do to the certification process. So just trying to manage my time. Btw this was directed towards someone with a definitive answer, like a CM or some who has seen something about this on the fourms that may have missed.

Edited by Uryu

And duh it was beta everything was supposed to be fast for you to test it out. When you hit lvl 49 and at 99.99999 do you accumlate exp without doing the catfish quest????? No smh you people

Bro there was a topic about raising hardcap 50 to 55 until today and that was really bloody discussion. So i suggest you to be thankful and wait until removing hardcap 😁

26 minutes ago, Uryu said:

We hit level cap in beta in no time and that was with people leveling in low level areas. The mobs will be the same as on PC. So, yes I do expect to hit 55 in a day. Xp scrolls plus night time and the weekend xp bonus is iceing on the cake, also I did have all level 15 gear in beta. Which is not hard to accure. But besides that I'll be playing 72 hours before the official release, so if we have to wait a week or more after launch I would like to know ahead of time before wasting took much time grinding. I'll just play amthem, that's what I would say if I was not about to spend 100+ on the game to get 3 days ahead... I do understand I can still grind for money and SP, I bought the 72 hour for the levels, I know they don't want us to out level the content to fast, however we have limited classes and the class I'm going to main is not even out yet. I personally don't want to waste too much time on a class that will become a alt for boss's. With that being said, level does not matter with out gear so me out leveling a zone will be do much, plus we don't even have awakening yet.  considering it will take us longer to receive updates do to the certification process. So just trying to manage my time. Btw this was directed towards someone with a definitive answer, like a CM or some who has seen something about this on the fourms that may have missed.

The exp rates will be different before we get mediah. You probably wont hit 55 before they raise the cap shortly after. The beta is different, because the cap was lvl 30, and everything up to lvl 50 is easy. after lvl 50 it slows down a lot, until they raise the softcap again.

I wouldn't worry, because all you should care about at that stage is your skill points, not your exp. once they increase the level cap, the exp will become much easier anyway

Skill points will continue to increase even if you somehow managed to reach 55 before they increase it shortly after..

remember, you are grinding calpheon at the beginning, the exp there is really low compared to new regions :)

Edited by PVPbdoEU

Lol, I'm using comman sense I think you should try it. Btw rocket they have already said that it's a port from the PC version, so it's not a vanilla build. On PC its  relatively easy to level. Also, bnews757 this is coming from someone who has played this game for years, I know how long it will take me <--- to hit cap. Considering iv have mutiplay character at 58 -62 on PC. I have my shizz plained out and ready to go. Don't lump me in with you cause you can't do it. Even if I get to level cap in say 3 days, the point is, there is still a cap and we don't know for how long. So I would like to know from a CM, not a commoner such as yourself, inform me, on if the xp will accumulate and go towards my next level or not.

• Like 1

No if you hit cap it won’t keep saving but you won’t hit 55 so it’s okay

10 minutes ago, PVPbdoEU said:

The exp rates will be different before we get mediah. You probably wont hit 55 before they raise the cap shortly after. The beta is different, because the cap was lvl 30, and everything up to lvl 50 is easy. after lvl 50 it slows down a lot, until they raise the softcap again.

I wouldn't worry, because all you should care about at that stage is your skill points, not your exp. once they increase the level cap, the exp will become much easier anyway

Skill points will continue to increase even if you somehow managed to reach 55 before they increase it shortly after..

I understand what your saying my guy, but what people that are replaying don't seem to understand is. The higher your level despite skill points (even though they are very important for pve/pvp, pvp more so.) The easier it is to grind for SP, in areas like sausans (example). We don't have a awakaning so grinding will already be quite slow in comparison. But that's not what I'm getting at or what this fourm was posted for. I'll say this once more "will xp accumulate and go towards the next level"? Please don't answer if you don't know. Also the level cap was 40 in the beta.

Edited by Uryu

It won't. It never has on any version.

Soft cap is 50 and your gear is capped at +15.

Last launch I played was SA (Also played Taiwan launch) and that was current XP rates too. It took me 3-4 hours to hit 50 and then after getting all my energy and CP stuff done and getting my weapons to +15 (2 more days) I was level 51 almost 52. Then, I was grinding MoS caves for rings and hit 55 after about a week and a half or so (grinding 6 or so hours a day and doing other things in my off time) 55 is high enough IMO for only Calpheon content.

You'll be able to go to 55.999 so you'll still get XP to that point but 55-56 was pretty slow from what I remember. You have to remember, you're capped to +15 gear, there will be no XP weekend on launch (it's a fresh launch why would there be), no Olvia channels, and you only get 10 hours of XP scrolls.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Uryu said:

Lol, I'm using comman sense I think you should try it. Btw rocket they have already said that it's a port from the PC version, so it's not a vanilla build. On PC its  relatively easy to level. Also, bnews757 this is coming from someone who has played this game for years, I know how long it will take me <--- to hit cap. Considering iv have mutiplay character at 58 -62 on PC. I have my shizz plained out and ready to go. Don't lump me in with you cause you can't do it. Even if I get to level cap in say 3 days, the point is, there is still a cap and we don't know for how long. So I would like to know from a CM, not a commoner such as yourself, inform me, on if the xp will accumulate and go towards my next level or not.

omegalul

gl nazeem, and hf in cloud district :) 

3 minutes ago, ALM16HTY said:

It won't. It never has on any version.

Soft cap is 50 and your gear is capped at +15.

Last launch I played was SA (Also played Taiwan launch) and that was current XP rates too. It took me 3-4 hours to hit 50 and then after getting all my energy and CP stuff done and getting my weapons to +15 (2 more days) I was level 51 almost 52. Then, I was grinding MoS caves for rings and hit 55 after about a week and a half or so (grinding 6 or so hours a day and doing other things in my off time) 55 is high enough IMO for only Calpheon content.

You'll be able to go to 55.999 so you'll still get XP to that point but 55-56 was pretty slow from what I remember. You have to remember, you're capped to +15 gear, there will be no XP weekend on launch (it's a fresh launch why would there be), no Olvia channels, and you only get 10 hours of XP scrolls.

Ty for answering the question, that's all I wanted to know, was "DOES THE XP ACCUMULATE". I appreciate your replay ty. Your comprehension skills are off the charts.

• Like 2

Just now, Uryu said:

Ty for answering the question, that's all I wanted to know, was "DOES THE XP ACCUMULATE". I appreciate your replay ty. Your comprehension skills are off the charts.

Aw, you're makin me blush :)

12 minutes ago, Uryu said:

I understand what your saying my guy, but what people that are replaying don't seem to understand is. The higher your level despite skill points (even though they are very important for pve/pvp, pvp more so.) The easier it is to grind for SP, in areas like sausans (example). We don't have a awakaning so grinding will already be quite slow in comparison. But that's not what I'm getting at or what this fourm was posted for. I'll say this once more "will xp accumulate and go towards the next level"? Please don't answer if you don't know. Also the level cap was 40 in the beta.

it wont be carried over

but with you being limited to only calpheon mobs, +15 gear, and without the extra exp buffs that pc got, it will be much slower to get lvl 55.99.

have you tried to lvl a char purely on calpheon to lvl 56? the mobs are so low lvl that its actually pretty slow even on pc with all the boss gear, buffs and stuff you can use to make it faster there.

the CM already said that they will raise the level cap shortly after launch, so I wouldn't worry. I think we can expect awakenings only 2-3 months after launch too.

CM already stated that awakenings will come soon after launch, and I believe it took 3 months on SEA server.

Edited by PVPbdoEU

3 hours ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

You will be playing vanilla bdo and I don’t expect anyone will hit 50 in a day.. not to mention 51+. 

Lol people will be 50 in a few hours.

22 minutes ago, xCROv said:

Lol people will be 50 in a few hours.

But being 50 means nothing hope everyone is blessed with rng which we know we all wont lol good luck getting all plus 15gear and good accessories 

1 hour ago, Bnews757 said:

But being 50 means nothing hope everyone is blessed with rng which we know we all wont lol good luck getting all plus 15gear and good accessories 

Getgud. Most of us that will be past 50 know how to enhance properly and will all have +15 gear within days. Accesories are rng drop based so cant call that. 

• Like 1

Ive been stuck at hardcaps on MENA twice.

Unfortunately the exp past 55.99 will be wasted and does not carry over. You will still get skill points and silver though from grinding on hardcap.

If we get vanilla content (with beta exp rates) 50 should be possible in roughly 6 hours with a solid gameplan and no distractions.

50-55 will slow down considerably. If you can comfortably farm ser shrine on rotation without interruptions your probably looking at around 80 efficient grind hours 50-55.

This can be done in a week if your dedicated ( ~11 - 12 hour days).

If you are planning to quest , do guild events / quests, take breaks ect expect a longer process.

Hope that helps and sets your expectations up for whats to come.

Edited by Harming

1 hour ago, MakeumRage said:

Getgud. Most of us that will be past 50 know how to enhance properly and will all have +15 gear within days. Accesories are rng drop based so cant call that. 

Yea sure buddy enhance properly dont mean nothing with rng who are you fooling. Every vet here is softcap with lvl62 characterd right???? Makes you wonder why they are coming to xbox probably cause they werent good on pc so they try again on xbox lol who you fooling

1 minute ago, Bnews757 said:

Yea sure buddy enhance properly dont mean nothing with rng who are you fooling. Every vet here is softcap with lvl62 characterd right???? Makes you wonder why they are coming to xbox probably cause they werent good on pc so they try again on xbox lol who you fooling

We come over for the fresh start.

Executing a new gameplan to be more efficient and effective with a fresh slate.

The race out of the gate the the best part of any MMO by far, which is why subs/ playerbase/ ect always declines heavily after the first month or 2 of every launch.

Its the same idea as seasons or leagues in ARPG's.

• Like 1