Tekeii

Grinding Etiquette in BDO

2 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

Bdo do what you want, as you please, there aint no rules so quit trying to tell people how to play haha

Plenty of rules, via TOS. But general gamplay wise no. But certainty are plenty of repercussions. 

1 minute ago, MakeumRage said:

Plenty of rules, via TOS. But general gamplay wise no. But certainty are plenty of repercussions. 

Lol bdo is a free for all just how I like. Just like overgeared people go to sausan and farm noobs, kill afk fishers outside safe zones, kill horses, or just kill someone for walking past you, man so much havoc you can cause

27 minutes ago, MakeumRage said:

lulz. your not very acquainted with much about bdo. Karma bombing is the most disrespectful thing you can do. Allmost every guild has a restriction on it, and will boot you if you do it. Almost every large guild Ive seen has a mutual agreement to not only target karma bombers, but that guilds that house them are the first to go in wars. On top of that, some even spy and drop on there nodes on purpose to keep them from gaining anything. Even see people go as far as to target them in the group hunts and blow there boats.

Very acquainted it just isnt that serious as you make it. Been playing since launch. Im just not a vet that pretends to be allmighty and act like im soft cap with 14 lvl 62characters lol. I just get a kick out how many people on this forum think there so much better just they played a little on pc. Im a VET you should listen to me since nobody does on pc lol

53 minutes ago, MakeumRage said:

These are the people that have no business playing a combat game. These are the people that get hunted and put on lists and banned. The great thing is, these are also the people that arent good at the game at all. Like i said before, most decent players have plenty of extra time and toons. Theyll just grind and farm over you without a care because your nothing. They will most certaintly just farm you (becAuse all they care about is pvp, thats why they grind) or they will kill you once, and then grab you and let the mobs destroy you. Ive never seen a successful karma bomber. They just get held by the player and killed by mobs losing thier experience. Its very distasteful and bad advice to suggest players do this. Your just going to get them blacklisted and even worse, cause them to lose their hard earned exp. 

If you are in a guild, its pretty much the death of your guild. Once word gets out your a karma bomber its over. If your guild doesnt kick you, they get heavily punished. Theyll most likely be perma deced and every node they drop on they will be the first target to go. The competitive population only usually agree on one thing, policing and punishing karma bombers.

If your a RPer or never plan on doing much in the game or earning levels then by all means be a dbag 

With all respect - You have a little too narrow view if you think that being karma bomber / griefer means you are unsucessful. I think of it as battle of wills, whomever has a higher dedication will stay on the spot and get to keep it regardless of some care-bear etiquette "unspoken rules". The game's a jungle and just by being able to kill another player you don't gain anything. It's the moment when the other player accepts those rules and leaves is when you actually win.

By following my ruleset and having strong will you will actually never lose a spot, regardless of how you perform or how many times you are killed. That's the true power of dedication. That's what fuels your progress in BDO.

Also don't kid yourself thinking that there has ever been some sort of "perma ban blacklist" or whatever.. You got good gear? You are decent at your class? That's ok for 99% guilds. The ones that play for some sort of "moral code" don't last very long.

Also drama is what keeps the community together and any sort of personal ad is a good ad.

• Like 1

oh then i should not play witch... because i cant win any duel :D

lucky im more about a life skiller and dont care about grinding that much.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MakeumRage said:

These are the people that have no business playing a combat game. These are the people that get hunted and put on lists and banned. The great thing is, these are also the people that arent good at the game at all. Like i said before, most decent players have plenty of extra time and toons. Theyll just grind and farm over you without a care because your nothing. They will most certaintly just farm you (becAuse all they care about is pvp, thats why they grind) or they will kill you once, and then grab you and let the mobs destroy you. Ive never seen a successful karma bomber. They just get held by the player and killed by mobs losing thier experience. Its very distasteful and bad advice to suggest players do this. Your just going to get them blacklisted and even worse, cause them to lose their hard earned exp. 

If you are in a guild, its pretty much the death of your guild. Once word gets out your a karma bomber its over. If your guild doesnt kick you, they get heavily punished. Theyll most likely be perma deced and every node they drop on they will be the first target to go. The competitive population only usually agree on one thing, policing and punishing karma bombers.

If your a RPer or never plan on doing much in the game or earning levels then by all means be a dbag 

Missing the point where I see this as a joke but k

28 minutes ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

Missing the point where I see this as a joke but k

Yeah, it's sort of a joke.. OR IS IT? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Koroyosh8 said:

Not going to stop me from maining my witch...they attack me ahd they loose karma because i did not want to.fight, then they going to have to live with it. I played in beta, there was a lot i did'n tget figured out around gear and all, im in no rush to pvp till i do, and find a good guild ghat doesn't want to see a giant zerg killing our server. I wish i could go to eu server.

Edited by sunstar

Karma bombing is so dumb. Not only do you waste your time you waste the other players too. If you can’t kill the person challenging for spot and they clear faster, you aren’t making any money, making another spot (or the same spot on another channel) more effective.

Conclusion: Don’t karma bomb

All we can really do is perma deck the twats guilds until they kick the guy bombing.

If you get your guild decked by an alliance you become hated quick, when your entire guild can no longer do world bosses or hold a node.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Harming said:

All we can really do is perma deck the twats guilds until they kick the guy bombing.

If you get your guild decked by an alliance you become hated quick, when your entire guild can no longer do world bosses or hold a node.

There's no PVP during World Bosses, Blocking Nodes from guilds you hate is also rather difficult as you are limited where you can go and you never really know where they'll build.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Grammaticus said:

There's no PVP during World Bosses, Blocking Nodes from guilds you hate is also rather difficult as you are limited where you can go and you never really know where they'll build.

Ive dropped ult blizzards on declared guilds at dim tree all the time. You can kill a deced guild anywhere as long as theyre not on protection.

If an alliance doesnt want you to have a node. You wont.

6 minutes ago, sunstar said:

This guy....https://youtu.be/g2R9gxGpqEA

Strikers alot like DK in WOTLK.

Mystic is like the Lich King himself o.0. Need a competent 25 man to kill it.

Edited by Harming

10 minutes ago, Harming said:

Ive dropped ult blizzards on declared guilds at dim tree all the time. You can kill a deced guild anywhere as long as theyre not on protection.

If an alliance doesnt want you to have a node. You wont.

I mean literally there is no PVP during World Bosses in PC since June 2018. PVP is forcibly disabled on entire server till Boss dies, you also can't switch channel 15 min.

18 minutes ago, Grammaticus said:

I mean literally there is no PVP during World Bosses in PC since June 2018. PVP is forcibly disabled on entire server till Boss dies, you also can't switch channel 15 min.

Thank rngesus. We dont need that kind of toxicity in bdo. Good to know whos actually toxic

I will be a  perma red , so u all  trash karma bomber  are welcome :P ,

just kill whoever is in front of you period, its more fun that way. if players do not enjoy the full out open world pvp then u isn't enjoying bdo at it full .

but I agree karma bombers are trash!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orisha said:

I will be a  perma red , so u all  trash karma bomber  are welcome :P ,

just kill whoever is in front of you period, its more fun that way. if players do not enjoy the full out open world pvp then u isn't enjoying bdo at it full .

but I agree karma bombers are trash!!!!!!!!

Just cause you perma red dont mean you strong 

People take this video game etiquette **** way too seriously. Just don't be a dik, be a dude. Players are gonna do whatever they want, as they should. If you or your guild gets a bad rep then it's no mystery why. Doesn't take a genius or memorization of tablets from skyman to figure this out.

Edited by Cloudkicker
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Grammaticus said:

Yeah unfortunately they gave the cupcakes that one. Its still fun as soon as the boss drops to murderthe pack down

12 hours ago, Koroyosh8 said:

Witch can 1v1 but its alot harder with no grab tbh. You gotta go in hard when you get that knockback. Witch has block. It can be done, but its harder then normal. Witch pretty much turrets the teleports. Rinse and repeat. People wont sit under a witch whose good. Also your freeze combo can be very punishing. 

8 hours ago, Grammaticus said:

Thats unfortunate.

Thinking back now I haven't done bosses since I got my full boss set on MENA. The time frame about lines up.

I see PA is taking the wow approach to things here, sad to see. You cant have a "Bad" experience and get upset if you have NO experience at all.

16 hours ago, Bnews757 said:

Lol bdo is a free for all just how I like. Just like overgeared people go to sausan and farm noobs, kill afk fishers outside safe zones, kill horses, or just kill someone for walking past you, man so much havoc you can cause

Its killed or be killed me and my guild always getting deced on for killing people 

Im going to have a list where im going to write the names of every karma bomber i meet to recognize him and kill him a few times with my red main ninja!

Im going to be Robin Hood hunting any dishonored person in bdx.:)

4 minutes ago, ZzWithePandazZ said:

Im going to have a list where im going to write the names of every karma bomber i meet to recognize him and kill him a few times with my red main ninja!

Im going to be Robin Hood hunting any dishonored person in bdx.:)

That actually sounds scary dude lol.

I hope nobody crosses ur path haha

• Like 1