Sign in to follow this  
Seinfeld

Let us CHOOSE if we want motion blur, others visible pets, and customize UI

For the love of god.

Why are pearl abyss FORCING people to play with motion blur and screen shake? Just let us CHOOSE. Why the ### would you want to give your players motion sickness until they quit?

They won't buy your costumes or items from pearl shop if they literally -puke- from playing your game.

We know it's easy to remove the effect as an OPTION like on pc, and it could even improve performance.

The same thing goes for seeing other players pets or not. You want to see 1000's of pets cluttered on your screen in populated places?

Let us CHOOSE if we want to see other's pets or not. Hiding other's pets like on PC also increases performance, and is recommended.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Seinfeld said:

For the love of god.

Why are pearl abyss FORCING people to play with motion blur and screen shake? Just let us CHOOSE. Why the ### would you want to give your players motion sickness until they quit?

They won't buy your costumes or items from pearl shop if they literally -puke- from playing your game.

We know it's easy to remove the effect as an OPTION like on pc, and it could even improve performance.

The same thing goes for seeing other players pets or not. You want to see 1000's of pets cluttered on your screen in populated places?

Let us CHOOSE if we want to see other's pets or not. Hiding other's pets like on PC also increases performance, and is recommended.

game aint even out yet boi chill

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Seinfeld said:

For the love of god.

I think having the option to turn these on and off would be the best result for everyone.

They did mention they made chsnges to the motion blur and other graphic optimizations.

Lets see what we get in the release.

• Like 4

I don't understand why they didn't give us the slider options for everything In the beginning LIKE ANY OTHER NORMAL GAME HAS. Have you seen any bigger production without the option to modify brightness? What the f...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

I think having the option to turn these on and off would be the best result for everyone.

They did mention they made chsnges to the motion blur and other graphic optimizations.

Lets see what we get in the release.

Im pretty sure the motion blur and other changes were in the recent live stream build they did. And it was still terrrrrrible. On twitch the entire chat was begging for it to be removed countless times lol. Some asking for them to turn it off not realizing it wasnt an option in game yet

Screen shake is obnoxious. It not being out at launch is really making me want to hold off on buying (Probably wont, because wow, the Anthem demo was underwhelming) graphical options are needed for performance. My old xbox is going to seize up in node wars.

There is nothing more irritating for me in a PvP game than poor performance. I'm o.k. with getting outplayed, I can learn from that, but getting beat by lag isn't fun. I really hope they give us the tools to minimize issues potentially caused by the limited hardware. I'll dumb down graphics and effects in favor of a smooth gameplay experience.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Seinfeld said:

For the love of god.

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression pets other then yours were not visible, at least in the beta. Perhaps I'm wrong and most people didn't get that far along

Simon specifically said that the game they used for the stream was an old version and not the one we will be getting on release. He also said he would bring up the screen shake issue with devs so that would indicate it wasn't fully addressed even in the new version.

Given the options on the bottom, its clearly not. Its the same version where he told us this had been changed. Might be old now but very much is suppose to have less motion blur. 

A5A3D2E5-C25D-4173-BF33-0BFD81C3C542.png

8 hours ago, MakeumRage said:

Given the options on the bottom, its clearly not. Its the same version where he told us this had been changed. Might be old now but very much is suppose to have less motion blur. 

A5A3D2E5-C25D-4173-BF33-0BFD81C3C542.png

Just because it looks the same, doesn't mean it is the same. There have been a lot of changes since the "What's changed" video, and not all of them are visual :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, [CM]Shirna said:

Just because it looks the same, doesn't mean it is the same. There have been a lot of changes since the "What's changed" video, and not all of them are visual :)

Keep banging that no screen shake door boss!

It's not like the devs aren't aware...

These are the very first settings that pop up when you login to BDO on pc.

Specifically asking you to adjust shake and blur.  We shouldn't even have to ask for this.

i havent ever seen those settings tbh but based on what folks over on the pc forums say it happens in remastered mode so can u people just turn off remastered mode and drop the subject for the time bein?? u all havent even seen the game after the changed for urself and ur already jumpin on PA for things "u know" need to be fixed.

As long as it's sorted at release or just after I'm sure we all be happy, wait in till the game is out before jumping the gun, we still have a month to go...

Will say this, people say "well it's in the PC version why take it out", the game is not just a port, so sometimes it's not that easy and it takes time to get things added etc...

• Like 1

@Seinfeld I created a Poll for this: 

Place your votes, let your voices be heard(read)... P.S. The poll is only for the motion blur and screen shake, as I feel those are huge issues. FYI... CM Shirna (Simon) already commented on another post confirming other players pets are hidden.

Edited by Rok_Klimer