Sign in to follow this  
Groovy

Australia/New Zealand region information please @CM

Hi, I see in the FAQs that there are plans to release the game for sale in Australia and New Zealand. Those players are able to change their Xbox store to US to be able to pre-order but I'm pretty sure you need a US mailing and billing address to be able to play and purchase items from the pearl shop. I'm looking for an update on the progress towards the release of sale in Australia and New Zealand and also would like a confirmation of whether THESE COUNTRIES WILL BE GIVEN THEIR OWN REGION (OCE) OR NOT so my buddies and I can decide whether to purchase the preorder on US or not. Appreciate all input on the subject thanks mates.

1 hour ago, Groovy said:

Hi, I see in the FAQs that there are plans to release the game for sale in Australia and New Zealand. Those players are able to change their Xbox store to US to be able to pre-order but I'm pretty sure you need a US mailing and billing address to be able to play and purchase items from the pearl shop. I'm looking for an update on the progress towards the release of sale in Australia and New Zealand and also would like a confirmation of whether THESE COUNTRIES WILL BE GIVEN THEIR OWN REGION (OCE) OR NOT so my buddies and I can decide whether to purchase the preorder on US or not. Appreciate all input on the subject thanks mates.

its already been said many times...EU and NA only. the pc version of bdo doesnt have a NZ region either so dont expect one for console. nothin pearl abyss does is fast unless it cuts into their pocket money so dont expect any of this stuff ne time soon. if u wanna play on day one its best to get setup with the NA region.

40 minutes ago, numnutz2005 said:

its already been said many times...EU and NA only. the pc version of bdo doesnt have a NZ region either so dont expect one for console. nothin pearl abyss does is fast unless it cuts into their pocket money so dont expect any of this stuff ne time soon. if u wanna play on day one its best to get setup with the NA region.

Pretty sure the one of the CM's said it's currently being worked on for AU, they just weren't sure it would happen by the release date.

Hmmm two different answers of course. Would really appreciate it if a CM could shed some light on this.

There will only be 2 servers, NA and EU. If you can purchase the game from your store but your country is outside those regions, your store region gets determined by a way xbox has it set up. example israel south africa turkey - EU server  mexico - NA server. This important for stuff like the pre order bonuses that is tied to store region.

They are working on getting the game sold in the australian and nz srores and are waiting on classifications. ( maybe the game shows to much skin 🤣🤣🤣) What server you will be part of I am not sure. Sure you will know which servers xbox usually groups you guys with.

From this topic.

image.png.58a3d17cad58062693a15cf96c2fdb18.png

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Jammer480 said:

Pretty sure the one of the CM's said it's currently being worked on for AU, they just weren't sure it would happen by the release date.

oh ik what they said. they also said "soon/soonish" for like 2 years or whatever lol. even simon says videos will be made on xxx day....the day comes and goes.....nothin is heard from ne one. after other members pester him he decides to do what he was supposed to do but later on down the road. i dont have ne faith that they will release the au store version. both will only have eu and us servers though so the main answer is there will never be its own region. nz and au dont even get their own region on pc.

26 minutes ago, CubicVariable42 said:

There won't be OCE servers only NA and EU servers.

Yeah, that's probably true. I think Simon was answering if it will be in the AU xbox store and he said it's being worked on. Maybe they will get a choice which server they play on.🤷‍♂️

Thanks for the replies guys, Ill just hold out on buying from the US store in case it causes some complications with billing in the future, fingers crossed they get it licensed in time for release or else we're gonna have to grind twice as hard ;)

20 hours ago, Groovy said:

Thanks for the replies guys, Ill just hold out on buying from the US store in case it causes some complications with billing in the future, fingers crossed they get it licensed in time for release or else we're gonna have to grind twice as hard ;)

I'll be disappointed if we miss out on the pre-order bonuses. But sometimes that's just how things go.