berkayselcuk

Xbox game sharing

As you know there is a feature on xbox that you can share your games and memberships with an other account. Im curious about how it's gonna work with preorder packages. Each account will be get package contents like value packs, pets or just one of them is gonna get it? And how early access will be work with it? 

Some of my friends are thinking about to buy bdo with game sharing so if there is someone who know how it works with this type of games we would appreciate if you explain.

in the AMA Simon told us that the (home xbox) account that receives games will not get the pre order bonus or early access. i THINK the game should share but itd still be worth it to buy at least the $30 version as it gives you 24 hours and its real value is 60

• Thanks 1

Also he said the price for standard won't change so you can aswell pre-order and get some free stuff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Screenshot_20190129-181455.thumb.png.28840f58e75d54187e7e8038579bd604.pngIt's not going to game share. They clearly stated that it will be linked to the one account. I don't know why the replies are mixed, when it was very clear.

Edited by Kylerxius
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kylerxius said:

It's not going to game share. They clearly stated that it will be linked to the one account. I don't know why the replies are mixed, when it was very clear.

Yeah I thought from what I took away from the AMA there was going to 0 game sharing being done. No preorder bonus, no game for the linked account. ESO handle it the same way. I believe all games don't share digital bonus content. Maybe not all, but the majority. Only the account who made the purchase generally receives the 'freebies'. 

On 1/29/2019 at 7:17 PM, Jacs said:

Yeah I thought from what I took away from the AMA there was going to 0 game sharing being done. No preorder bonus, no game for the linked account. ESO handle it the same way. I believe all games don't share digital bonus content. Maybe not all, but the majority. Only the account who made the purchase generally receives the 'freebies'. 

This is not true.  If you buy ESO digitally it shares.  I know because I have done it.  What DOES NOT share are the store items purchased from in game or out of game.  I bought the "Gold" version of ESO from the Microsoft Store and this was tied to the in game store so my son did not get access to the DLC included in the the Gold purchase.  To my knowledge, this was the first time that digital items did not share.  The collectors edition of Destiny shared just fine.  We both received items and the game.  Destiny 2 game shared but the digital items did not.  If this game simply does not share, this will be the first time a game breaks the family share Xbox platform feature.  I wouldn't expect the items to share or anything else because that is the way everyone is moving, especially games with in-game stores but I am expecting the base game to share with my son.

• Like 2

On 1/31/2019 at 10:09 AM, lancia12 said:

This is not true.  If you buy ESO digitally it shares.  I know because I have done it.  What DOES NOT share are the store items purchased from in game or out of game.  I bought the "Gold" version of ESO from the Microsoft Store and this was tied to the in game store so my son did not get access to the DLC included in the the Gold purchase.  To my knowledge, this was the first time that digital items did not share.  The collectors edition of Destiny shared just fine.  We both received items and the game.  Destiny 2 game shared but the digital items did not.  If this game simply does not share, this will be the first time a game breaks the family share Xbox platform feature.  I wouldn't expect the items to share or anything else because that is the way everyone is moving, especially games with in-game stores but I am expecting the base game to share with my son.

you're right about that. but also wrong about his statement not being true. there are games tht you can purchase through xbox store that will not gameshare regardless. bdx gonna be one of them.

• Like 2

On 1/31/2019 at 11:09 AM, lancia12 said:

What your not understanding is that the game most likely will share YES. He will have the game and be able to open it. HE WILL NOT most likey be able to access the servers as it will be tied via liscensing to the account. If the account isnt valid, sure you can load it up and look at it but you will not access the game. This is how games work that are account bound. Its the same process through my work as a beta tester. I get the game, and it downloads on my wives xbox also. I can access and play the game, but she who plays on my home xbox cannot get past the log in screen. Point is even if he gets the game its a mute point. Your going to spend over 100$ to really enjoy it and youll end up paying more by not buying the ultimate edition upfront. Its a hell of a discount. 

5 hours ago, MakeumRage said:

What your not understanding is that the game most likely will share YES. He will have the game and be able to open it. HE WILL NOT most likey be able to access the servers as it will be tied via liscensing to the account. If the account isnt valid, sure you can load it up and look at it but you will not access the game. This is how games work that are account bound. Its the same process through my work as a beta tester. I get the game, and it downloads on my wives xbox also. I can access and play the game, but she who plays on my home xbox cannot get past the log in screen. Point is even if he gets the game its a mute point. Your going to spend over 100$ to really enjoy it and youll end up paying more by not buying the ultimate edition upfront. Its a hell of a discount. 

So just to point out the specific point you’re making...based on how Xbox one games actually work...we can only wait and see   

If we are to base it off how the prior beta worked...this game works no different than other Xbox games and the account reference actually doesn’t matter in the Xbox live world  

The game has to follow the basic Xbox live requirements, therefore the account so to speak  and licensing, etc. would still not prevent access to the actual game. 

The developer can prevent whats known as xbox “add-ons” as well as limit or prevent their server based DLC.

The base game would still be accessible just like 100% of all digital and disc based games for Xbox one today and over the years. 

This would be the first and only base game that didnt follow whats written on the page many of us have linked in this thread. 

Edited by NewBlacksmurf

8 hours ago, MakeumRage said:

This is how games work that are account bound.

I am not aware of any games that work in the way you describe.  I have Destiny (all digital in game items shared), Destiny 2, ESO, The Division (all digital in game items shared), Fallout 76, Fortnite STW, SW Battlefront, Battlefield (and others).  All of these games require accounts and all of them work as expected.  Is there a game you are aware of that does not work with family sharing?  To my knowledge there isn't one which is why I made the comment about this being the first one if it doesn't.  If I had to guess, BDX will share.  That is rarely in question for me because of how the platform works.  What IS in question for me usually are the in game items sharing.  They ALL used to share but that is less the case nowadays...especially with in game stores.  They tie these store entitlements to your account which is separate.

I will be VERY surprised if BDX base game doesn't share.  I'm not expecting the in game items to share or the early access.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lancia12 said:

I am not aware of any games that work in the way you describe.  I have Destiny (all digital in game items shared), Destiny 2, ESO, The Division (all digital in game items shared), Fallout 76, Fortnite STW, SW Battlefront, Battlefield (and others).  All of these games require accounts and all of them work as expected.  Is there a game you are aware of that does not work with family sharing?  To my knowledge there isn't one which is why I made the comment about this being the first one if it doesn't.  If I had to guess, BDX will share.  That is rarely in question for me because of how the platform works.  What IS in question for me usually are the in game items sharing.  They ALL used to share but that is less the case nowadays...especially with in game stores.  They tie these store entitlements to your account which is separate.

I will be VERY surprised if BDX base game doesn't share.  I'm not expecting the in game items to share or the early access.

I have over 100 Xbox one games and every single one of those I share or have shared with my kids to some extennt so I DO think BDX  will too, not counting digital bonus content of course. But that said, PA has their own way of operating so it's not impossible that they will circumvent this somehow. I also think that right now it's just a misunderstanding in the communication on the part of the CM's, wouldn't be the first time. Guess time will tell...

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

I have over 100 Xbox one games and every single one of those I share or have shared with my kids to some extennt so I DO think BDX  will too, not counting digital bonus content of course. But that said, PA has their own way of operating so it's not impossible that they will circumvent this somehow. I also think that right now it's just a misunderstanding in the communication on the part of the CM's, wouldn't be the first time. Guess time will tell...

I think you are spot on.  I hope so too!  I loved this game on the PC and want to love it on the Xbox too.  It will be very disappointing if they go out of their way to circumvent standard Xbox features.