Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Toxic97

Keyboard compatibility?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Azuki said:

My thing is it was a commercial fhat was playing while i was watching crunchyroll.

@[CM] Simon

Do you know/are you able to speak about the devs views on keyboard and mouse on xbox?

It's the fact there is even an ad or commercial for Xbox Exploits that makes me sick. Why does there even need to be one? Money, and an appeal to cheat and beat others. This is Microsofts fault for not stopping things like this, although PA could ban things like this if they detect it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Guiido said:

It's the fact there is even an ad or commercial for Xbox Exploits that makes me sick. Why does there even need to be one? Money, and an appeal to cheat and beat others. This is Microsofts fault for not stopping things like this, although PA could ban things like this if they detect it.

The sad thing about detecting these mouse adapters is that big companies like Blizzard weren't even able to figure it out. As a result of this Overwatch's competitive side died on the Oceanic servers because everyone can just buy an adapter and play better than most. It was no longer who had better team work, instead it became who had more mouse users. 

 

Hopefully BDO will be similar to games like ESO in that having a mouse adapter isn't a significant advantage. The only thing they really do is give better aiming and keyboard inputs, no additional buttons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thing is, i find controllers more fitting MMORPGs. If this was a shooter, than yeah it'll be a huge problem.

After playing Tera on xbox i tried to play on the PC version to check out the new male brawler and i just COULDN'T play. 

The only problem i had was in ESO with changing between weapons which could be done fluently with practice.. i was just bad at it lol.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dova said:

The sad thing about detecting these mouse adapters is that big companies like Blizzard weren't even able to figure it out. As a result of this Overwatch's competitive side died on the Oceanic servers because everyone can just buy an adapter and play better than most. It was no longer who had better team work, instead it became who had more mouse users. 

 

Hopefully BDO will be similar to games like ESO in that having a mouse adapter isn't a significant advantage. The only thing they really do is give better aiming and keyboard inputs, no additional buttons. 

It's honestly a disgrace really. Console games a lot more nowadays are being exploited by 3rd party hardware and software simply to stomp controller users. I do not understand why Microsoft isn't doing anything regarding people using emulators, XIM's and others macros to further there cheating. How do you expect me to queue up against cross platform players if the people are using XIMS on the same platform! lol. I would love to know PA's stance on this since already on the forum we've had a lot of people (my self included) be against this very thing especially with a lot of PC players switching to Xbox. It DESTROYS communities, and many of us will not play the game if things like this aren't stopped. 

Many think they can just come here and do what they will. No rules apply to them. It's this mindset of entitlement from players that expect this and the sheer laziness of people like Microsoft that people that exploit breed. No consequences.

If PA knows whats good, I hope they create a system like you said and make it so a KB&M won't give you a huge advantage, and Microsoft can detect 3rd party hardware on consoles. I hope PA makes this a serious offense. 

It's a console game, not a PC game. Want to use a KB&M for an advantage? Go on an even battleground on the PC version of the game. Seriously, go play PC to anyone who plans on using exploits to play.

Edited by The Guiido
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/06/2018 at 4:32 AM, Beond said:

Many people on the forums already commented on this and would not play if it existed 

what a shame :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are mad about keyboard use. Wait till you realize how ahead people are gonna be that played 2 years, We know the game in and out. It’s not going to be an even playing field. It’s going to be so funny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Toxic97 said:

You guys are mad about keyboard use. Wait till you realize how ahead people are gonna be that played 2 years, We know the game in and out. It’s not going to be an even playing field. It’s going to be so funny

Ahh, same was said about ESO... nope, didn't happen. #fakenews

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beond said:

yumad? My guild is full of PC players, myself playing since game was only in KR and I prefer controller and everyone in my guild plus other guilds I know will all spam report 1 person until they get banned for cheating if using keyboard. So I dare you use one.

I never said I was going to use a keyboard. I just said the hardcore pc players that switch over to console will have a very large advantage. 

 

I have a 272 AP ranger on PC. 1v1 me bruh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2018 at 3:48 PM, Beond said:

ps4 supports it xbox does not anyone I see using KBM will be spam reported by at least 500 people :)

 

 

How are you going to detect kbm? Lmfao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Toxic97 said:

 

 

How are you going to detect kbm? Lmfao

You can’t, I know multiple people who used Kb/M on Xbox to get an edge because they’re complete dog **** with a controller. Just never made sense to me that people would play on an Xbox with a keyboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Beond said:

You will be able to tell by movements once reported game devs can easily see what inputs are in and easy banned and now you're out $ so GL

I think you might be retarded. Are you going to report someone for beating you? Lmfao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Toxic97 said:

I think you might be retarded. Are you going to report someone for beating you? Lmfao

Chill. And it cant be that hard to learn the xbox controls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If people have knowledge and experience from PC good for them, it just makes learning easier. But if you're that butthurt to grab a kbm adapter to cheat because controller is too hard I think I'm gonna spend my time laughing at how sad it is. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Dova said:

If people have knowledge and experience from PC good for them, it just makes learning easier. But if you're that butthurt to grab a kbm adapter to cheat because controller is too hard I think I'm gonna spend my time laughing at how sad it is. 

It’s not too hard, I just don’t want to feel like I’m playing a console game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Toxic97 said:

Can’t wait to **** all over you

You're not special for spending time (probably) roleplaying on pc bdo, former pc players will have an advantage but it's not going to be rare to see them around and most of them will be in one guild anyway.

Please save some toxicity for the launch, you wouldn't want to burn yourself out.

roko.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Beond said:

If the devs decided not to split the controller vs kbm I won't be supporting the game lol

The thing is even if gets split on this game, will it eventually become the norm on all games? Guess we'll see...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Beond said:

If the devs decided not to split the controller vs kbm I won't be supporting the game lol

Yeah I don't think they understand that people will use it regardless of the matchmaking and thats the problem i've been getting at. Developers need to take some hard time including Pearl Abyss, at detecting keyboard and mouse use on Xbox, both Razor first party and illegal 3rd party software like emulators and xims. 

We won't play these games if it becomes a bigger issue than what it already has become. Developers like the ones from PUBG take the time to ban it all outright which should be the approach to it especially regarding games like a MOBA, FPS, and MMO on a console. 

Go to PC, for real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Beond said:

I think they will just have to ban it on MMOs all together unless kbm players play crossplat with with pc, if it ever becomes the norm guess I’ll be making a full switch to pc and switch haha

Xbox is working on detecting xim (which disguises itself as a conteoller). 

Edited by Azuki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...