Sign in to follow this  
Dr INF3NRO

UK Preorder price change - UPDATED.

UPDATE

I've contacted MS support and they assured me that I will be paying the discounted price.

Which means that if you got the ultimate pack before the change, you will pay that amount. Any new purchases of the pack will be at the new price for UK.

Diclaimer: I've used gift cards and the credit was directly on my xbox account. I'm not sure if the case is the same for those who made a purchase with a credit card. I advise you to check that for yourself and update the rest.

--------------------------------------------------------------

A member of our guild has pointed out to us that when he tried to preorder a few hours ago the price is different from before - 64.99 GBP

So I checked the xbox store and it has infact changed -

IMG_20190203_123550.thumb.png.9ea8f61f463ef1014609ac57488c6fe5.png

Could the staff explain to us the reason for this and will this effect people who already preordered?

Thanks

Edited by Dr INF3NRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Suso90 said:

Will the price change in all regions?

It's probably changed to match the price of other regions. UK is usually more expensive than other regions, but strangely, BDO's pricing was very generous. This is probably PA making an adjustment, but if you've pre-order already, you'll be fine.

Or it could be the looming No-Deal Brexit effect. 😱

2 hours ago, Bear said:

It's probably changed to match the price of other regions. UK is usually more expensive than other regions, but strangely, BDO's pricing was very generous. This is probably PA making an adjustment, but if you've pre-order already, you'll be fine.

Or it could be the looming No-Deal Brexit effect. 😱

Ye I want to make sure. I already preordered so I hope it sticks

• Like 1

Was just about to post about this, held off pre ordering because I had other things to pay for, just went to pay for it and had seen the price jump up to £78.49, its only £13 more but still a kick in the teeth for people who were holding off....

Hope it's a mistake that might get sorted so I'm going to hold off again in till some news is said about it....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

Ye I want to make sure. I already preordered so I hope it sticks

Oh thats sneaky. Since you preorder and it doesnt charge you until almost launch. Id challenge it with microsoft if they charge you the new price with the recepit from original purchase. Regardless of what bdo does microsoft should honor this. 

Todavía es más barato que en otras regiones de EU como España 99,99 € = 87.58 libras esterlinas

Edited by Suso90

5 hours ago, MakeumRage said:

Oh thats sneaky. Since you preorder and it doesnt charge you until almost launch. Id challenge it with microsoft if they charge you the new price with the recepit from original purchase. Regardless of what bdo does microsoft should honor this. 

Unless you pre-ordered with Xbox live cards and don't have bank card linked to you account, I don't see how they could charge more.

• Like 1

I was gonna get the £65 bundle, was just waiting on confirmation that a couple of my mates were getting Xbox version too. Now that they've upped the price they can sod off, seriously you have lost a guaranteed sale here.

2 hours ago, Skode said:

I was gonna get the £65 bundle, was just waiting on confirmation that a couple of my mates were getting Xbox version too. Now that they've upped the price they can sod off, seriously you have lost a guaranteed sale here.

It's hard to know whether regional pricing is set by Microsoft or by PA themselves. PA might have given Microsoft a $99 price tag for the ultimate version and they priced it accordingly in different regions, so this might have been changed by Microsoft.

It was definitely incorrectly priced in the UK store anyway, £65 was way off all the other regions. Its €99 in EU regions which converts to £88, so the new price is still a good deal.

3 hours ago, Skode said:

Yes I'm bummed too they put/changed the price as I was holding off for other reason but it's only £13 more, not that big of a deal....

27 minutes ago, LordDante said:

Yes I'm bummed too they put/changed the price as I was holding off for other reason but it's only £13 more, not that big of a deal....

It is to me, like I said they can sod off. Issue was they stealth raised the price with no warning - maybe it was an error price originally? If that, you fix that in hours or at a push days - you don't wait for a good month or so meaning we have legit reason to believe that IS the pre-order price locked in. They never mentioned anything about this being an error on any correspondence I saw at all in the weeks since the pre-orders went live.

My mindset was simple - if I get a few real life mates into the game I'll be on so much it's a no brainer to get the top package, if I'm flying solo then my time will be divided between the game and playing other games (the ones they're mostly on) so I need to consider if it's the best option for me vs the cheaper ones. I've lined up 3 mates for the beta test 2 and two have already bought a pre-order so thus when I go to buy it myself after selling the bloody game to others only to be rewarded with a price increase i'm feeling triggered to high hell on a personal level.