Sign in to follow this  
Greev

A Note to Newcomers

Hello everybody!

I hope the lot fo you are as excited as I am about the XBONE release. I have a few points of advice for those of you who are going to be playing Black Desert for the first time. I know there are others who have posted threads like these, but I also understand that many of you do not look on the forum beyond page 1.

1.) My first piece is to take your time. This game isn't going to be fast and easy, as a matter of fact, it never ends. If you just rush to get to max level, you will be severely gimped from missing critical missions that reward you with skill points. You need skill points to learn new skills and upgrade existing ones. Many of these skills vastly increase in power as you level them. If you are a 55 rushed Warrior, you will fail miserably against a warrior that was thorough.

2.) Another thing is that many of us are coming over from the PC version and know what we are doing. Do not let this discourage you. Reach out to these veterans as many of them will be happy to show you the ropes and answer your questions. Even in the PC version, many veterans are happy to help newcomers. As you first start out and don't know a TRI from an apple, you can bet that you will not be on the same level, or even progress half as fast as these veterans. Stand fast and keep grinding. Keep upgrading your gear and discovering knowledge to increase your power. It will pay off in the future.

3.) Lifeskilling. If you are looking to make money from lifeskilling, I advise you explore first and uncover as much knowledge as you can. As you gain knowledge on areas, people, enemies, materials, etc..you will increase your energy pool. This is not to say do not llifeskill. By all means, use up that energy. 

4.) Leveling. I'm not sure if the xbox release will have the same map features as the PC version. On the map, you can see the recommended AP\DP and level of monsters in a given area. This can be used to great advantage for planning the leveling or your alts, or to min-max if that is what you want to do. My advice is to make your own plan. watching vids made by knowledgeable people can only get you so far because many of them are already geared out and can raise an alt to 55 in less than a day. Also, some of them give you good EXAMPLES on where to level, but leave out the places that actually level you faster. Make your own plan and do your own research. Sure, this area over here might give slightly more exp per kill, but how easy are they for you to kill? Another area, with easier creatures, but slightly less exp per kill might work better for you for leveling faster. Sorry though, I have my secrets too!

5.)Do not throw away anything. Sell what is in your inventory. I remember when I first started playing, I was a few million short on buying a weapon I really wanted. I would have had that few million if I hadn't throw away those heavy trade items, or if I had taken the time to turn in those green fish, or sell the vendor trash that I only had 13 of everytime I only had 13 of it. It all adds up, especially as a new player. a few hundred thousand silver may be the difference in you getting that few extra AP you need to kill those Fat Catfishmen.

6.) Prioritize. Do not try to do everything at once. This will not get you anywhere except disappointed when you are not strong enough for node wars, or are far behind in wealth and lifeskill rank. I mean, if you want to do everything, that is great. If you have friends that are like minded, that is even better. Above all else, play on your terms, but do not set yourself up for disappointment if you are competitive.

7.) Do not sit and play for 12 hours at a time. This will ruin your life. Get up and move around, hang out with friends, go to the bar or other stuff. you can AFK fish or train horses in the meantime. Sitting for too long is bad for your health. Doctors recommend not sitting for long than 1 hour without some kind of movement. While you are waiting for your guy to autopath from heidel to Velia, drop down and do some push-ups, take your dog for a walk, rub one out. nobody cares what you do while autopathing, but just don't sit there like wart on your couch. Stay healthy folks, and thanks for reading!!

Sorry if this is a repeated post. Again, I believe most people do not look past page 1 in the forum, so I thought it was needed as a reminder to those who will be just starting out.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

I like the last bit. I actually plan to work out a lot while playing this game. There is so much downtime and grinding is pretty low input, so I can fit in a pretty good workout while playing for an extended period. 

Thanks for the tips Greev, hopefully more players as helpful as you are to us newbies.  I probably won't have a ton of time to sink into this game, an hour or two every couple of nights probably.

One thing ill add to the life skills section figure out exactly what you want to produce to make money and start working towards a production plan asap as it can be complicated early on.

Ill use horse gear as a example in order to produce a light hide saddle you'll need a horse gear workshop brass ingots, soft hide, fine tough hide and black stone powder. In order to get these mats as efficiently as possible you'll need workers, gathering, and processing. In order to craft The ingots you'll need to complete a quest chain. In order to gather the mats you have to gather by hand you'll need to make a tool workshop or buy them on the market. In order to keep all this going you'll either have to make or buy beer to feed your workers.

I'd highly suggest looking up how to manager workers, cp, and life skills guides on YouTube as they'll provide MUCH better directions than I can off the top of my head 

• Like 1

Nice, nice info i dont know if you played at launch on pc but imagine if we had this info then lol

• Like 1