Sign in to follow this  
Alder

Next Gen Plans

So, we've all heard this game is a marathon, not a sprint. I'm curious if everything will transfer to next gen consoles in 2020. I'd really like confirmation on this before getting the game and pouring thousands of hours into it and a bunch of money.

No idea if this has already been discussed.

4 minutes ago, Alder said:

So, we've all heard this game is a marathon, not a sprint. I'm curious if everything will transfer to next gen consoles in 2020. I'd really like confirmation on this before getting the game and pouring thousands of hours into it and a bunch of money.

If they are backwards compatible(likely) then most likely it will transfer as your account is linked to your microsoft account, not a particular console. However this question cannot be answered accurately until we know more about the next generation of console gaming. 

8 minutes ago, Alder said:

I would be absolutely shocked (and very disappointed) if MS doesn't make all the games backward compatible for the next console that are currently playable on the Xbox one. MS has been adamant that they no longer have generational consoles. Supposedly it will be more like a console model, phase in a new one/phase out an older one, similar idea to how cell phones work. It will be more about new games whether or not they'll work on the Xbox one, and that's up to the devs of each game. Personally, I'm 100% confident the Black Desert will work on the next console/consoles. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fortune said:

However this question cannot be answered accurately until we know more about the next generation of console gaming. 

The developer should know if they're planning to port it to next gen, like how Rockstar did with Gta V. If so, will it be backwards compatible, or will they stop updating the older gen? Gta V completely dropped the old gen and stopped updating it, so wondering what the plans are. If they can't be bothered to think that far ahead, I'm not sure the game is worth investing in.

2 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

Personally, I'm 100% confident the Black Desert will work on the next console/consoles. 

I hope so, but figured I'd ask.

7 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

I would be absolutely shocked (and very disappointed) if MS doesn't make all the games backward compatible for the next console that are currently playable on the Xbox one. MS has been adamant that they no longer have generational consoles. Supposedly it will be more like a console model, phase in a new one/phase out an older one, similar idea to how cell phones work. It will be more about new games whether or not they'll work on the Xbox one, and that's up to the devs of each game. Personally, I'm 100% confident the Black Desert will work on the next console/consoles. 

Im with you 100%. Although just a leak, when the info came out about the next gen xbox consoles, they also mentioned full compatibility with all xbox one games and any backwards compatible games we currently have and will recieve going forward. Phil has been quite adamant ending console generations, what that exactly means or looks like, im not sure. But I fully expect all games to run and perform better on the next consoles. Same way as the one X runs all games better (for the most part) without any actual updates/patches from the devs. So, if we have an uncapped framerate at 60 fps(one X has this or 4k mode) , at the rumoured specs, we should get damn near a locked 60 fps at 1080. We'll get this at the very least. This would be without any updates from the devs. I do expect them to do a mini relaunch with a graphical update when we get our hands on the next consoles. 

Edited by Jacs
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Alder said:

The developer should know if they're planning to port it to next gen, like how Rockstar did with Gta V. If so, will it be backwards compatible, or will they stop updating the older gen? Gta V completely dropped the old gen and stopped updating it, so wondering what the plans are. If they can't be bothered to think that far ahead, I'm not sure the game is worth investing in.

I hope so, but figured I'd ask.

GTA is not a MMO and thus a horrible analogy for this scenario. 

39 minutes ago, Fortune said:

GTA is not a MMO and thus a horrible analogy for this scenario. 

It's a game that went through a console generation transition, thus a perfect analogy. Genre doesn't matter. Stop talking when you can't provide an actual answer. This isn't an opinion piece, your conjecture does nothing to answer my question. Jog on, mate.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alder said:

They are still calling the next gen xbox one this is the last "generation" we will just be getting new hardware now

• Thanks 1

Every Xbox game will be compatible with future machines. When their next generation of hardware is out, BDO will be playable, as will the current 360 and OG Xbox BC titles.

No need to worry.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Beond said:

They are still calling the next gen xbox one this is the last "generation" we will just be getting new hardware now

Ah, so kinda like how PC upgrades work, more hardware/software, but it can still access old stuff? That's good to know. 

1 minute ago, Bear said:

Every Xbox game will be compatible with future machines. When their next generation of hardware is out, BDO will be playable, as will the current 360 and OG Xbox BC titles.

No need to worry.

Good to know. Thanks for the helpful replies you two :)

I played ff14 from very begining on ps3, when the ps4 version was out for us to uptrade to, it was free...they would just have more than likely a free update for next generation, but once you make the transition you cannot with your account go back to this console ahd play it. i hope that made sense.

• Thanks 1

Everything will always transfer at this point. We are using computers dedicated strictly to gaming and entertainment. These 'next gen' consoles are just going to be like the xbox one x was, just a hardware upgrade, though likely there will be software and a UI upgrade it all but it should still run on the same network accessing the same games. That is until games start out performing the machines but that wont happen for quite a few years.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Alder said:

It's a game that went through a console generation transition, thus a perfect analogy. Genre doesn't matter. Stop talking when you can't provide an actual answer. This isn't an opinion piece, your conjecture does nothing to answer my question. Jog on, mate.

The point that you are very clearly missing is that gta v uses peer to peer for the online portion where bdx will have dedicated servers. Think about that for a minute then get back to me.

48 minutes ago, Fortune said:

The point that you are very clearly missing is that gta v uses peer to peer for the online portion where bdx will have dedicated servers. Think about that for a minute then get back to me.

Jog on. Don't get back to me.

16 hours ago, Jammer480 said:

I'm convinced that there won't be a next gen model XBOX, but rather a very significant upgrade to the current framework. I'm confident that future console models will be compatible with all past content. MS has improved as a company and will one day overtake Sony. At least I hope so. All the signs are there. They are cooperating with other companies to bring cross play, and there are even talks that they will soon do away with exclusives because of it. We are witnessing the groundwork right now for gaming utopia. I just hope somebody doesn't come along and screw it all up. I have to wonder though...how will BDO play on a switch if it comes down to it?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sunstar said:

I played ff14 from very begining on ps3, when the ps4 version was out for us to uptrade to, it was free...they would just have more than likely a free update for next generation, but once you make the transition you cannot with your account go back to this console ahd play it. i hope that made sense.

If you played on ps3, you could still play with people on ps4 and pc. complete crossplay for ffiv because they kept the account information and data on their live servers. Integration was easy.

11 hours ago, Alder said:

Jog on. Don't get back to me.

So you are willing to admit that you’re wrong now?

14 hours ago, Fortune said:

the point that YOU are very clearly missing is that it doesnt matter what kind of servers gta uses. it's solely the fact that it went through a generation transition.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Greev said:

If you played on ps3, you could still play with people on ps4 and pc. complete crossplay for ffiv because they kept the account information and data on their live servers. Integration was easy.

Crossplay wasnt the point i was getting at.

3 hours ago, Fortune said:

So you are willing to admit that you’re wrong now?

No. Keep responding, even though it's clear you have nothing of value to contribute. Useful people have already answered my question. I'll remember for future posts you have nothing to add. I signed up recently, but I've been on the forums for months, so I know how a conversation with you goes. You really never bring anything to a conversation. You latch on to tedious hypotheticals and can never move past them.

I knew it was pointless to address you, so in the future, expect to never get a response from me again. People like you waste time. Feel free to get in one last line, since you have a compulsion to get in the last word.

• Like 2

Wait why are people comparing this to other games being that there are only 3 games for console that I know of that are online only live service games.  Let's see Defiance was,  Anthem is,  and bdx with the only exception is that bdx does not have a physical copy,  where as the other 2 do.  So I would imagine that bdx will be playing on the next gen Xbox,  since nothing has been confirmed or denied about it coming to PlayStation.  I have a couple games that are physical copy but I mostly do digital download from Microsoft store,  or I go check out a copy at my local library.  Digital to me is better because I don't have to wait until it comes out to download a game,  I just purchased Anthem and it's downloaded right now so on the 22nd I can jump right in don't have to wait for it.  Hopefully next gen systems will be able to do that still and maybe better. 

On 2/8/2019 at 1:29 AM, Alder said:

i want to know this also

a graphics update with better fps on the next console would be nice too

Edited by Crescent
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Ninja_Kuno said:

the point that YOU are very clearly missing is that it doesnt matter what kind of servers gta uses. it's solely the fact that it went through a generation transition.

GTA 5 was released mere months before the xbox one came out so of course the already had plans to port it. The new xbox is only speculated at this point so it is highly unlikely that microsoft has informed developers of the specs because that is how leaks happen. GTA 5 had to be ported to work on xbox one because its client side game. BDX has dedicated servers so it won't matter what version of the xbox console you have, as long as you have the same microsoft account you can log into your game. If you don't understand this i can try to dumb it down for you even further. 

11 hours ago, Alder said:

No. Keep responding, even though it's clear you have nothing of value to contribute. Useful people have already answered my question. I'll remember for future posts you have nothing to add. I signed up recently, but I've been on the forums for months, so I know how a conversation with you goes. You really never bring anything to a conversation. You latch on to tedious hypotheticals and can never move past them.

I knew it was pointless to address you, so in the future, expect to never get a response from me again. People like you waste time. Feel free to get in one last line, since you have a compulsion to get in the last word.

I actually answered the question in this thread in the first(unedited) post yet you chose to bring up a completely unrelated game from a different time period that adds nothing to the discussion. Do a little research on microsofts plan for future consoles and you will see how actually retarded this thread is. I'm kinda glad that you've been watching me though, much love to my fans. 

14 hours ago, sunstar said:

Crossplay wasnt the point i was getting at.

I know. I was just stating that the reason the upgrade from ps3 to ps4 was free because it was crossplay anyway, so the data was stored on the servers for the game itself, not the systems.