Sign in to follow this  
Copes

UK stealth price increase - Why?

I think it was ridiculous that Pearl Abyss can increase the price of the edition with no warning and continue to act like nothing happened. Even for a community manager to come on here or any of their platforms just to give a heads up and a reason behind it. I just feel thats already setting a bad precedent for the future with this title and the community.

11 minutes ago, Copes said:

I think it was ridiculous that Pearl Abyss can increase the price of the edition with no warning and continue to act like nothing happened. Even for a community manager to come on here or any of their platforms just to give a heads up and a reason behind it. I just feel thats already setting a bad precedent for the future with this title and the community.

The premise is correct but you are in no position to complain.

They made the prices public in January which were 100$/€. The price in the UK store was 86$ which was probably a mistake at Microsoft's end. 

You can't complain that the prices are now what they meant to be from the beginning.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

The premise is correct but you are in no position to complain.

They made the prices public in January which were 100$/€. The price in the UK store was 86$ which was probably a mistake at Microsoft's end. 

You can't complain that the prices are now what they meant to be from the beginning.

I cant complain that they came out with a particular price for over a month on the UK store and we couldnt even get a simple sorry this was an error we are changing the price?

53 minutes ago, Copes said:

I cant complain that they came out with a particular price for over a month on the UK store and we couldnt even get a simple sorry this was an error we are changing the price?

Agree with both of you. It's sad that we had to seek answers from Microsoft support (check infernos topic about it) and PA doesn't say anything. But its usual practice from their side to stay silent. 

Not to sound like a white Knight but AFAIK a business is under no obligation to give warnings of price changes in their products, that been said... As someone else has pointed out it was supposed to be at a higher price from the get go, if this is indeed the situation then it should be Microsoft you need to make your complaints to, although I don't really see any reason for complaint, they accidentally made a game cheaper and the rectified the mistake, so basically you are complaining that you didn't get to take advantage of the mistake... 

My concern is that the price I preordered at is upheld and that I don't get charged more for it than I was expecting to pay. 

• Like 1

I said same myself, a mistake would be understandable but to wait that long only to stealth bump it was not justifiable.

I dont buy the BS about regional equality with pricing either as thats rarely a thing, chunks of EU often gets shafted compared to NA and the likes of Australia often get if even worse. If this was a NA issue not a UK one youd be seeing dozens of threads on the matter.

1 minute ago, Skode said:

I said same myself, a mistake would be understandable but to wait that long only to stealth bump it was not justifiable.

I dont buy the BS about regional equality with pricing either as thats rarely a thing, chunks of EU often gets shafted compared to NA and the likes of Australia often get if even worse. If this was a NA issue not a UK one youd be seeing dozens of threads on the matter.

IMG_20190210_171834.png.2e1ebf006ba176b36650a99a7e7ad57e.png

IMG_20190210_172157.thumb.png.a4cf727c59bfd968fbd1623a05a3386a.png

IMG_20190210_172424.thumb.png.0b003623ccd4df11284910e41efa2d59.png

Untitled.png.fb513dd518f219675f0d22fec301f0d5.png

• Like 2

You should of got it when it was £64.99, I know I wish I did, but I payed the new price of £78.49, get over it, I did....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LordDante said:

You should of got it when it was £64.99, I know I wish I did, but I payed the new price of £78.49, get over it, I did....

No, i aint paying. If everyone else who got it before me got it cheaper then good on 'em but i'll vote with my wallet and spend the money on other things.

• Like 1

and in a few months it'll go on sale for MUCH less than what any of us are paying for it today......and personally I don't care

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skode said:

No, i aint paying. If everyone else who got it before me got it cheaper then good on 'em but i'll vote with my wallet and spend the money on other things.

Don't buy the ult edition then.... Standard is still the same price... Don't be salty just because others got it cheaper than you and if you're not going to buy the game at all why are you even still here, I mean I get the whole "I have a voice, I want to be heard" freedom of speech thing but seriously if you're going to spend your cash on other things maybe move along to the forums of a different game that you will buy.... Just a suggestion. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skode said:

Wish you best of luck finding what you're looking for.

Cheers

6 hours ago, Darthaden said:

and in a few months it'll go on sale for MUCH less than what any of us are paying for it today......and personally I don't care

Right, and he is going to waste his money in a few months, because he'll buy it at the discounted price, enter the game, and figure out that he wont be able to much against others in pvp. Either way, this guy is eventually going to waste his money on this game. If not, hey, good on him for stickin to his guns. off to the next thread.

I thought the €89.67 was pretty fair. Not much more then what we'd pay in CAD. Now it's up to the intended €100. Converted to my local currency that's $30 more. Unfortunately that is the norm, EU prices are always higher, and those in the states always spend the less. 

7 hours ago, Greev said:

Right, and he is going to waste his money in a few months, because he'll buy it at the discounted price, enter the game, and figure out that he wont be able to much against others in pvp. Either way, this guy is eventually going to waste his money on this game. If not, hey, good on him for stickin to his guns. off to the next thread.

So, all joking aside, are you saying that new players will be not be joining this game after release because they'll find it too hard to compete? I keep getting that vibe from people coming over from pc. If that's the case, the game is essentially doa, no?

Regarding the topic, a slight increase in price is absolutely the lamest reason around for not buying a great game...

Edited by Jammer480
  • Like 1

There are catch up mechanics later on, but yes you will never catch up to the no lifers or people who think this a second job but at the end of the day its all rng

2 hours ago, Jammer480 said:

So, all joking aside, are you saying that new players will be not be joining this game after release because they'll find it too hard to compete? I keep getting that vibe from people coming over from pc. If that's the case, the game is essentially doa, no?

Regarding the topic, a slight increase in price is absolutely the lamest reason around for not buying a great game...

RNG is an effective bottleneck. You might outgear someone just due to a stroke of luck. 

4 hours ago, Jammer480 said:

Look, it takes a certain kind of person to look at a challenge like catching up and take it head on. In my experience, few have the tenacity to do so. I started the pc version about a month into the game's release, and as a new player, was overwhelmed at the options. Figuring things out took time by itself, and by the time I had a plan down of what I wanted to do, I was vastly overpowered by people who were grinding it out since launch. It only took me a couple of weeks to catch up from there, but the game was a different animal back then.

In today's game, there are many things to help new players out. Free 7 day value packs and kama blessings(increased energy regen and item find chance). Storylines specifically for new and returning players to get some high end items to help them along. You can even level a toon to 56 in a day. Olvia channels provide 100% exp boost all day everyday. Once a day you activate a exp buff(100%/120 minutes or 200%/60 minutes). With the new market being implemented, new players will be able to sell their items for better prices than ever before. 

It won't be too hard for someone to catch up, but a brand new player who has never played before, is competitive and pvp oriented is going to have a struggle. Casual players and lifeskillers not so much unless they are bound and determined to get their names on the rankings for highest level gatherer or cook or something.

If this game is DOA, I'll eat my hat.

And I agree that a slight increase in price is a very stupid ass reason to not buy the game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Greev said:

Look, it takes a certain kind of person to look at a challenge like catching up and take it head on. In my experience, few have the tenacity to do so. I started the pc version about a month into the game's release, and as a new player, was overwhelmed at the options. Figuring things out took time by itself, and by the time I had a plan down of what I wanted to do, I was vastly overpowered by people who were grinding it out since launch. It only took me a couple of weeks to catch up from there, but the game was a different animal back then.

In today's game, there are many things to help new players out. Free 7 day value packs and kama blessings(increased energy regen and item find chance). Storylines specifically for new and returning players to get some high end items to help them along. You can even level a toon to 56 in a day. Olvia channels provide 100% exp boost all day everyday. Once a day you activate a exp buff(100%/120 minutes or 200%/60 minutes). With the new market being implemented, new players will be able to sell their items for better prices than ever before. 

It won't be too hard for someone to catch up, but a brand new player who has never played before, is competitive and pvp oriented is going to have a struggle. Casual players and lifeskillers not so much unless they are bound and determined to get their names on the rankings for highest level gatherer or cook or something.

If this game is DOA, I'll eat my hat.

And I agree that a slight increase in price is a very stupid ass reason to not buy the game.

The good thing about xbox is everyone will be learning the controls and nobody will overpowered at the beginning. We wont even have awakening at the beginning so nothing to really stress about.

Right. And to the normal person looking in, it looks pretty pleasing. But to other people, not knowing really what the game is about, will enter the game and see all of the options and get overwhelmed. More people are going to stick around then leave; that's my prediction. I found myself always returning to BDO after a few months because nothing else out there could match it. I also see many people doing what I did: Burning themselves out by grinding too much or lifeskilling too much and not breaking the monotony of doing the same exact thing over and over again. so I stress again...have fun. do what's fun. do not sacrifice your fun to get ahead, because in the end, it only means you will fall behind.

• Like 1

Topic avoided harder than any beta questions in last year

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

you're absolutely right, Daniel.

Back to topic: Buy the game or do not buy the game. The rest of us have made our decision and whether or not we see you in game will be your decision. The price thing was a mistake, but they are honoring the deal that some people in EU took advantage of while it existed. I wish the messed up like this in NA