Uberkull

PC Vets - What is there to do in Black Desert?

Gear Summary:

Some gear in BDO has more crystal slots than others. Agerian armor has 1 slot per piece while Grunil has 2. Heve armor increases your max hp, while Hercules armor increase your carry weight. For weapons, Liverto(Blue) and Kzarka(Yellow) have the same ap, but kzarka does more damage vs enemies as a bonus. 

All green gear can be upgraded via reform stones. A green piece of gear may give you +48 DP at TRI level. but that same piece of gear would give you +50DP and 54DP respectively as you reform them to blue and to yellow. Same thing with AP on weapons.

Gear diversity is a big thing. Your boss gear is pretty much your pvp gear. everything else, you equip based on the situations you are going to find yourselves in. Just grinding mobs and want to grind longer before turning your stuff in and melting useless gear? wear Hercules armor. Are you a level or two under the mobs you are going to face? wear heve armor for that extra HP.

The crystals you put into gear are important as well. Out exploring? Put some crystals in your shoes that let you jump higher or run faster. 

There is also lifeskill equipment. Processing? you'll need craftsmen clothes to increase your chance of processing better items and increasing the exp you get from processing. Gathering? get some gathering clothes to increase gathering speed, exp. There are also accessories put into play here. While the Asula set increases your AP more than the treant set, you'll want the treant set for gathering because it increases your carry limit.

I could go on and on about the gear differences, but that would require an even greater wall of text. I hope you get the idea.

• Like 1

@Greev Thanks for the writeup. And thanks for not telling me to go watch X number of videos from PC players.

We are on a console forum for BDX players. Obviously players can research PC videos, as I have extensively, but to further the conversation and build a console  community, it is worth asking here.

Edited by Uberkull

12 hours ago, Uberkull said:

Gear variety. Is there a lot of gear can obtain? Variety? All I read is that there is like 2 sets and you just keep upgrading them.

Gear has little variety in Black Desert, you have options sure but it is not like ESO where you have many different sets to fill many different rolls. While yes I have a DP build, a AP build, and a Hybrid build, It all runs around a core set pieces of gear like armor it stays the same, few accessories may change (depending how tanky i need to be), and my offhand dagger may change, but that is it. I attached my most common build which is my wizards grinding build. If I'm killing monsters this is what I use no matter what. I will add this: While yes you can say you have choices, you do need to be careful. My mistake in my first year on PC was not setting goals, knowing what to get, or how to get it. Yes you may see many different opinions, and many, many different builds, but focus your time and money into Boss gear, be patient, it is going to suck, but the end results are worth it. 

wiz gear.png

@Nightingale Wow, a picture is worth s 1000 words. Thanks.

Few questions if I may...

Do you main a Wizard?

And all your bound pets and pearl shop items are on the Wizard? 

And why would you come to Xbox with all that investment on PC? Is it the comfy couch-controller in front of a 60” UHD TV?

Edited by Uberkull

2 minutes ago, Uberkull said:

@Nightingale Wow, a picture is worth s 1000 words. Thanks.

Few questions if I may...

Do you main a Wizard?

And all your bound pets and pearl shop items are on the Wizard? 

And why would you come to Xbox with all that investment on PC? Is it the comfy couch-controller in fromt of a 60” UHD TV?

Ranger is Level 62, and Wizard is 61 - I duel main them. One because I can't give up my Ranger, and two it makes my heavy life skilling more doable if I want to do a guild quest, or go grind and not have to come back half way across the world.  ( I have played most every class to 56, but my highest are Ranger 62, Wiz 61, DK 61, Valk 60, Archer 60 (almost 61), Red alt Ranger at 59 (almost 60) )

Pets are Family bound, Some peal shop items are family, some are character. examples of character bound, Costumes, Weight, Inventory (for character), Horse flute. (this is one reason this is NOT a alt friendly game, because all are very important but either cost a lot of silver in game or real money)

Sure I have almost 24/7 up time on BDO since PC launch, sure I spent WAY more then I will ever want to admit, but I made a LOT of mistakes, not choosing a main early on, I was learning my way around the game. I wanted kinda of a fresh start, but I also want to help new players NOT make the same stupid mistakes, so they can progress better. So Im just going to just AFK on the PC version (just keeping current, keeping workers going, and keep my lifeksills moving) but focusing all my efforts into BDX, to show with the right knowledge how far you can go. I'll be sharing the journey on Twitch.  

• Thanks 1

@Nightingale Ok, with all those characters and commitment on PC. Why play the game ‘again’ on Xbox, on inferior hardware. Don’t get me wrong, I love my Xbox X, but being able to play BDO at higher framerates in the bigger pvp I’ve heard about is all PC. I couldnt imagine playing BDX on a normal Xbox. Good luck in any area with more than 50 people.

In the first beta, the CMs had a event where we had to race wheel barrows. On my Xbpx One X the frames were almost slide show. The end boss event in beta, unplayable on Xbox One X.

I guess back to my point...I have investments in WoW, ESO and other MMOs. I was able to port over my account from ESO PC to ESO Xbox, so progress was kept, but Cyrodill is a joke on console in huge battles. Since BDO is all about PvP end game...no real PvE alternatives...I hope the devs realize the experience has to be solid in big PvP battles or word will get out that PvP is unplayable on Xbox BDX. What are your opinions on the importance of good performance in BDO pvp?

21 hours ago, Uberkull said:

@Nightingale Ok, with all those characters and commitment on PC. Why play the game ‘again’ on Xbox, on inferior hardware. Don’t get me wrong, I love my Xbox X, but being able to play BDO at higher framerates in the bigger pvp I’ve heard about is all PC. I couldnt imagine playing BDX on a normal Xbox. Good luck in any area with more than 50 people.

In the first beta, the CMs had a event where we had to race wheel barrows. On my Xbpx One X the frames were almost slide show. The end boss event in beta, unplayable on Xbox One X.

I guess back to my point...I have investments in WoW, ESO and other MMOs. I was able to port over my account from ESO PC to ESO Xbox, so progress was kept, but Cyrodill is a joke on console in huge battles. Since BDO is all about PvP end game...no real PvE alternatives...I hope the devs realize the experience has to be solid in big PvP battles or word will get out that PvP is unplayable on Xbox BDX. What are your opinions on the importance of good performance in BDO pvp?

To be fair it's not the hardware, my PC has 64gb of ram, 2 TitanXs, and i7 Cpu, with all that siege is a slide show as well, unless i put the game into Toaster Mode. The game is poorly optimized, BUT small scale PvP is WAY more fun. I had a few fun battles with my Wiz with his DP build going 1v6 and just crapping on them. (before all the CC changes and what not) So unless they manage and optimize the game better Siege will just be a political mess just like PC. I hope at least on Xbox you dont have a guild sit for 25-30 weeks with no fights. 

Trust me when GMs do boss events the game goes to crap when they limit channels. Even world bosses, back when Veil would first spawn, you could be in the middle of desert 20,000 meters away and still experience server lags or DCs when they would start fighting him. 

Great performance is key in BDO, but I have a feeling after playing the beta now for several hours. This version HAS to be dumbed down from the PC version. With the way these controls work you wont be able to fight/ grind the same way. Example: Magic Lighthouse on PC i use this when i PvP and grind. It has taunt that is iffy but it works some, and it gives -15 Magic DP for 10 seconds. So purpose here would be catch who ever you can in this, strip - 15 MDP off them then, grab and delete them, or if fighting a mystic laugh when you only do a 1/4th of their health. So i talk about this to say here on the Controller i have to hit the D-Pad drag my stick to skill on the wheel and the skill goes off, on my PC I have a MMO mouse with 12 buttons on it. i have a extended hotbar, and key bind it to a mouse number. So in a fight i just hit a mouse button without having to think about a menu to pick from. I think that PvP here on Xbox will not be the same as PC players experience. Animation cancels, might work but i dont see it flowing as well on controller. 

A great example is ESO i played the PC version and thought about transferring over but i didn't. I just started a new character to mess around with. All my friends that did hop over said once they got to the raids they were easier to kill, dungeon bosses weren't as hard, things just seemed dumbed down a little because of the lack of animation cancels and keyboard input times. 

To sum this whole post up, basically. They have to optimize, give better options for graphics and effects, and balance the game around a controller, and not just keep the PC data as if it was the Gospel. It will be fun to pvp, and grind, do world bosses but they have to make the game run on all Xboxs the same. I dont use remastered mode on my PC because it takes 70 - 90% of one of my GPUs, so the second i hit combat it lags pretty hard, so i just run the game on High settings like i always did before "Remastered" released. 

Hope everyone is enjoying the beta!

@Nightingale I played the first beta, and was impressed overall. I understood the limits of the controller buton assignments, or the lack there of. Now in this beta...i’m not feeling it. I see we still are stuck with assigning some skills to the wheel or taking up an entire dpad slot for a single-press skill.

To be honest, I think the whole energy/knowledge and node system is gonna scare away a lot of console players. Those here may understand it from PC, but console is a casual community for the most part, short attention span. As with any MMO...there has to be a willingness to learn.

I’m gonna hit lvl cap in beta today for the stream and then make some decisions...

Edited by Uberkull

@Uberkull right now i think my biggest complaint is looting needs to be faster i can loot faster with my mechanical keyboard than the Y button. But i also have 5 T4 pets on my PC account so it dont ever have to loot much. The next thing is they NEED the slider like PC where we can control screen shake, I like a little to help make things feel a little more epic but damn, this is like PC on 100%. 

Energy and knowledge is fun, but you will want birds to help with your knowledge score. "S" knowlege is vital now with the increase drop rate to get that 20% total chance at 8k. More people i think will struggle with life skills and learning how to balance them. I'm worried Blade Boques will mess up some markets because of his stream and helping people "make money" then your YouTubers making click bate titles like "2 billion a month trade" and people not realize they are only making like 300m because they aren't telling you they bought most of it and just flipping for experience.  A prime example was the day in MickinX's stream he did a 14 billion silver trade run, but he admitted he only profited maybe a billion or two because he bought most all the materials. 

But you are right 100% causals will have no place in end game, they will never be competitive, never have the edge, the overwhelming grind of a Korean MMO will push most people away who want to be competitive without a major time sync. The best advice i can say, is just do what you enjoy. And take it for what its worth, if you know you dont have the time to invest, then you should worry when you get one tapped out grinding, or lose a spot to a guy who can clear 2x as fast, or not sit with a rank 1 badge over your name. 

Also good luck on level cap, i hit 30 today just so i could get the free pet on launch, now im just going to chill and mess around.

@Nightingale Simce I played the first beta, I’m trying other things to help me decide if this is gonna be my next main game. I stream full time, but am not really interested in showing 24/7 grinding as content. So, here I am...lol

The Ultimate pack pre-order is worth $280 ish for $99. I might get it just to have it for the future if I decide to play. Passing it up might be a big mistake if i decide to play later on. I would think those pets alone and the 90 value pack are worth it...

@Uberkull well BDX would keep you and your stream busy, you for sure would always have something to do. But i dont' watch circle grinding streams, when i see someone is grinding Hystria, or akkman or any other top spot now i dont even bother, or i check in for a few say hey and go find someone new and coach them a little if they will listen. Back in the day it was cool because no one could do that content and we wanted to see a Tungrad Necklace get looted. Now when you watch the top 50 streams most all are grinding solo Hystria or Akkman. Sure ill stream it some because i want the rare pieces that drop for the compass, but i want to do more than that when i stream BDX because the game is so vast. 

Ultimate pack is worth totally worth, but not for the pets or value pack, this game will be $9.99USD or $4.99USD on a big sale at some point if it follows PC. If you love one of the launching characters the Shudad is rare, and will never come back for the launching 6 (leaving this open for the other classes because I think PA might be greedy enough to sell the other classes someday) Yes it has great value, nothing in that pack cannot be bought later except that costume. 

To give you an idea what is on my PC account:

90 value pack (normally up at all times)

20 maids (odd split for market and storage)

Pearl campsite (this will be in BDX later)

normally keep a Kamasylve Blessing and a book of combat up 

Have all working lodging 

All the horse stable space for valencia from cash shop

a LOT of storage space for majority of the cities ( you need to do this to free contribution up)

I had more than 5 costumes on all my old mains

I have the cooking, Alchemy, Processing, and Riding costumes

I have both Ghillie suites on a few classes

I have several pearl shop movement speed crystals

All my gear is branded

my horse has a premium costume

a brand stone for my horse

Max Inventory on 3 characters

Max weight on most any class i played for more than a month

Underwear on most all of my classes

Eye and ear pieces for knowledge

6 T4 Lifeskill pets

many other T3 pets

and the list could go on and on...

so the point of all that is over time i've collected a LOT of stuff, but the one thing i dont have is that shudad outfit that ive wanted since release because i was a few days late getting it ordered. That to me is why the ultimate bundle is the best, plus i know i need everything in that pack, and i plan to play this for 2-3 years as well, so its well worth it.

As a player also coming to Xbox from pc the main reason is for a fresh start. New people new names. New experiences with everyone being on a similar playing field. And of course to know what I’m doing and make less mistakes. 

• Like 1