Death

Beta Preload is Live!

The beta client is the same as the first beta correct? That client has been available since the last beta.

They said in the last stream the old beta will get am update to the new client for this beta test, the update is making me download the client in full, 32GB worth...

• Like 1

I'm letting it download while I am at work,  I still have the first beta on my Xbox,  still waiting for my horse armor there CM shirna. 

Anyone else get to play it for a few hours last night? I found it odd I was able to get in for a bit, but I wasn't complaining.

7 minutes ago, Wiitchcraft said:

Anyone else get to play it for a few hours last night? I found it odd I was able to get in for a bit, but I wasn't complaining.

Yes was cool for the time spent, got me more anxious to play. Will spend beta messing with controls and see how it runs in crowded areas.

28 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

Yes was cool for the time spent, got me more anxious to play. Will spend beta messing with controls and see how it runs in crowded areas.

yeah I spent the whole time messing with the controls, I hate having the secondary attack on rt, I just can seem to figure where to put it.

I also enjoyed being able to lock skills, and how its now displayed what level and how many points you need to acquire them.

Edited by Wiitchcraft

5 minutes ago, Wiitchcraft said:

yeah I spent the whole time messing with the controls, I hate having the secondary attack on rt, I just can seem to figure where to put it.

I also enjoyed being able to lock skills, and how its now displayed what level and how many points you need to acquire them.

Man i just bought an xbox so i was looking for where rt, rb whatver it was saying in the tutorial hahah

5 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

Man i just bought an xbox so i was looking for where rt, rb whatver it was saying in the tutorial hahah

lol. Rt is right trigger, Rb is right bumper. I could see the confusion, never really thought about it though.

8 minutes ago, Wiitchcraft said:

lol. Rt is right trigger, Rb is right bumper. I could see the confusion, never really thought about it though.

Yes all night i slept thinking how fluid combat will be on a controller lol. In the short time i saw the wizard dodge was just tapping the stick twice in one direction. My first day will probably be making character like pc one, quest, and messing with controller lol

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Wiitchcraft said:

I really hate having to use the "claw" grip. Where you have an individual finger for both the trigger and bumper. You see Simon using this grip well during the last stream. While fine for short periods of time, it is very uncomfortable over long play periods. Actually gave me hand cramp or two during the last beta. This is possibly from not using that particular style, and with time it may not cause fatigue, but im hoping I can remap the attacks to a more comfortable style. Never had to use the claw grip before, don't see why it would be necessary now. 

there is going to be a way for sure to set it up. I'm working on one right now for Sorc but I need to get into the beta to see if it works out.

• Thanks 1

Odin from Symphony pointed out there's a small update to the beta on discord. Just log into the beta like your going to play it and it'll download the update if it doesn't automatically. 

The control scheme is customizable. Instead of having RT and RB as your attack, why not set it to A and X? Use RT or RB as the default button for talking to npc's or confirming stuff while you are talking to them. Use RB and RT as buttons for special attacks, etc.. with this set up, LB + A could maybe still be jump. B can still be dodge/block. You do not have to use the claw method on the controller. that sucks a lot.

• Thanks 1

Yeah did that update, so all set..just wiah could get into char creation and play and make character.

15 hours ago, Greev said:

The control scheme is customizable. Instead of having RT and RB as your attack, why not set it to A and X? Use RT or RB as the default button for talking to npc's or confirming stuff while you are talking to them. Use RB and RT as buttons for special attacks, etc.. with this set up, LB + A could maybe still be jump. B can still be dodge/block. You do not have to use the claw method on the controller. that sucks a lot.

While moving it to those buttons would solve the problem. Thing is,being able to rotate your camera is also essential in fast paced combat. Using any face buttons would negate the ability to do so. If I could use Lt and Rt, that might work well enough.