Sign in to follow this  
Frazyr

Controller with chatpad

Hey people! Bought myself a xbox one S today especially for BDX. 

I always like the communication/social aspect of pc MMO's so i was thinking about buying a chatpad for my controller. Will it be compatible? And do you guys think other people will use this too? It would be a shame if nobody ever was up for a chat. 

15 minutes ago, Frazyr said:

Hey people! Bought myself a xbox one S today especially for BDX. 

I always like the communication/social aspect of pc MMO's so i was thinking about buying a chatpad for my controller. Will it be compatible? And do you guys think other people will use this too? It would be a shame if nobody ever was up for a chat. 

I think Shirna said in a stream he was using a keyboard to chat and that we can use one to chat in game as well. I personally will just party up with ppl I want to talk to and wont bother with the regular chat much. Some people will probably use one. Beats the hell out of using a controller to type, that's for sure.

If you can manage a keyboard that's your best option cheaper then getting a chat pad. Or spring for a compatible wireless kb. If you are set on the chat pad that's fine as well. Going from the first beta, chat is super active you don't need to worry about that. Go for whatever setup suits you best and enjoy the community! 

4 hours ago, Jacs said:

If you can manage a keyboard that's your best option cheaper then getting a chat pad. Or spring for a compatible wireless kb. If you are set on the chat pad that's fine as well. Going from the first beta, chat is super active you don't need to worry about that. Go for whatever setup suits you best and enjoy the community! 

Except there is no Keyboard for BDX so chatpad is the best you get.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Grammaticus said:

There is a keyboard support for chat purpose in BDX like in other games. It's default. You can use the wireless usb keyboard to chat in game - I tested it. Bluetooth won't work though. 

Edited by Rocketfuel77777
spelling
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

There is a keyboard support for chat purpose in BDX like in other games. It's default. You can use the wireless usb keyboard to chat in game - I tested it. Bluetooth work work though. 

I'll be using this method myself. The chat pad won't work for me the way I like to hold my controller......and with the kind of hours I plan on putting in comfort will be a high priority lol

Same here. im too poor to get a chat pad or Bluetooth keyboard. i'll be using this cheap ass 5 dollar keyboard I got from a discount store and it's waterproof! This only means I will have to pull the sofa closer to the TV. This may have adverse effects because of the screenshake issue, but Fook IT.

Chatpad works fine and offers additional headset controls. 

I personally do not enjoy trying to manage both a keyboard and gamepad so this is the only reasonable option for me. 

FYI it’s only text input, it’s not going to offer a way to control your character or menus. 

It also has two programable buttons for things like screenshot, record clip, volume up/down etc found in the Gamepad settings. 

Thanks for all the usefull information. Im so hyped cant wait.... Hope its going to be worth it as a first time player. 

10 hours ago, Grammaticus said:

Wireless keyboard would be the best you can get. Per the topic at hand, in regards to chat. Keyboard is supported. We all understand that keyboard and mouse are not supported for gameplay. That was never in discussion here. I assume you have not watched the latest stream or had extensive time in the first beta as either of those would of enlightened you with the knowledge that you can text chat with a keyboard. A great thing, most games support this if there is a need. I personally feel the chatpad to be to cumbersome and texting with the ui interface is aweful. I have a long cord on my keyboard, a cheapo at $15. Just for this reason and it works well. 

Edited by Jacs

Keyboards work well for chat but don nothing else. During the stream I had to input GM commans, and always do so with a keyboard because its so hard to type on the virtual keyboard half the time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1