Sign in to follow this  
Frazyr

For the casual player?

Hey people, 

Everywhere i read how much time this game is gonna cost my time.

I wonder is this game fun for the casual player? I dont have time to play all day and just want to enjoy exploring and skilling. I never played it but it looks so cool and somehow seems to remind me of runescape... 

Edited by Frazyr

15 minutes ago, Frazyr said:

Hey people, 

Everywhere i read how much time this game is gonna cost my time.

I wonder is this game fun for the casual player? I dont have time to play all day and just want to enjoy exploring and skilling. I never played it but it looks so cool and somehow seems to remind me of runescape... 

It depends what you want to accomplish. Some people play a couple hours a day 3-4 days a week over a couple years and they get plenty done just from being consistent. You don't need to play 8-12 hours a day, everyday to enjoy the game. But getting the absolute most from it in all aspects may be hard if you're casual and don't play consistently. Again, it depends on what you want from the game.

• Like 2

Casual Players can get a lot out of this game, especially if you belong to a guild. Even though you will not be as strong as everyone else, you can still get rewarded by helping your guild complete gathering and subjugation missions when you do manage to log in. Exploration will definitely take some time if you are casual, as the map is pretty damn large. There are all kinds of little secret spots. There are also places that you may find personally fascinating where the rest of us simply walk right by.

I forget where this comes from but here it is:

A man visits his friend that he hasn't seen in a while. the friend says "Where have you been? why do you not visit so much." The other man replies "Because it is more pleasant to hear 'where have you been' than 'why are you here?'"

Sometimes being a casual player would be better for your relationship with your in game friends. If you and your friends are casual players, then coming into the game looking to do a boss fight or guild quest won't be met with hesitation, but with eagerness just to hang out and do something. 

Anyway, I strayed a bit there. In a lot of cases a casual player can get more out of the game than a hardcore player. Every moment you spend playing the game will be enjoyable, rather than detesting the menial tasks you'd have to do to stay relevant in the competitive realm.

• Like 1

Yeah I'd say if you do want to maximize your time figure out what you want to do in game as early as possible. Do you want to grind for the few hours you get? DO you plan on being more of a life skills player? If you plan on going the lifeskills route (it's what most casual players end up focusing in on since you won't run into much pvp if any at all) try to figure out what you want to focus your time into making because life skills in bdo are a little more complex than most mmo's. It works much better if you figure out your end goal and work backwards using guides online

Example if you choose to make horse gear you'll need a horse gear workshop, you'll need workers to work the shop and to gather  some of the mats for you, you'll need lodging for those workers, you'll need beer to feed the workers, you'll need to cook to make the beer, you'll need more workers to gather mats for beer, you'll need a house to cook your beer in, you'll need a tool workshop to make the stoves unless your good with the crap vendor stoves, you'll need to level up your gathering in order to get the stone and logs for the stoves, as well as leather for your horse gear you'll need to level up your processing in order to process it all

and that's just to make horse gear without buying anything off the market lol.....and I'm sure I left things out as well 

Just now, Darthaden said:

Yeah I'd say if you do want to maximize your time figure out what you want to do in game as early as possible. Do you want to grind for the few hours you get? DO you plan on being more of a life skills player? If you plan on going the lifeskills route (it's what most casual players end up focusing in on since you won't run into much pvp if any at all) try to figure out what you want to focus your time into making because life skills in bdo are a little more complex than most mmo's. It works much better if you figure out your end goal and work backwards using guides online

Example if you choose to make horse gear you'll need a horse gear workshop, you'll need workers to work the shop and to gather  some of the mats for you, you'll need lodging for those workers, you'll need beer to feed the workers, you'll need to cook to make the beer, you'll need more workers to gather mats for beer, you'll need a house to cook your beer in, you'll need a tool workshop to make the stoves unless your good with the crap vendor stoves, you'll need to level up your gathering in order to get the stone and logs for the stoves, as well as leather for your horse gear you'll need to level up your processing in order to process it all

and that's just to make horse gear without buying anything off the market lol.....and I'm sure I left things out as well 

already thought of a few things I left out, you'll need to get CP to buy all the buildings and nodes for your workers to gather from, you'll need tools for your gathering, and you'll need the mats to make the tools 

• Like 1

I am a casual player... I think! If u play 2,3 h every day you are a casual player and you can be conpetitive even a top player..... If u play less idk u can have fun at least:p..... So dont worie just play at your style and have fun thats is what matters! 

@Frazyr Since you haven't played this yet, why don't you download the beta, its available for download from the Xbox store now, its the one with (Beta) in the name. The beta goes live tonight, depending on your time zone(see image below). Also, its free. 

qD5S7Es7vqtFr4TTmOf0XLM1S1dzYNfS1-fx8nS5ZbXZZmcSzKBrP-v3WG32M5ucRVFHryQKNuYW63gnI86uHR3GuM_hPmmvYm93eE28F9ZLrSie2aMtrBU7dsTt7AYNf6QLfHmx

Play the Beta this weekend, see if you like it, try out the different classes, explore, try some of the beta events etc. If you are pretty sure you like it early on, try to get one character to level 30, if you do, you'll be able to get a free pet for launch. If you decide you do want to play, I would wait for launch, see what the cheapest post-launch option is, buy that, then play for a while with your free pet. The more you save on your initial purchase, the less bad it will feel if you find something on the pearl shop(cash shop) that you really need for the stuff you like to do. 

No one can tell you what is going to be fun or worthwhile for you, try it, decide if you like it, if you do, buy what will be valuable to you. Don't listen to anyone about how you have to buy package "X" or X pets or outfit "X" etc. You will know after a while what you need, like more pets, or a specific costume/outfit because you love to be in the desert or at sea, etc When you find out what you want, buy that, or not, its up to you.

To each their own my friend, hope to see you in the Beta. 

• Like 1