Jump to content
joshtoal23@hotmail.com

Why Australia isn't getting black desert

Recommended Posts

So I would like to know why Australia is getting discriminated against seeing as we're pretty much the only country not getting your game what is the thought behind this thousands would want to play it but it's non existent in the Xbox store why

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, joshtoal23@hotmail.com said:

So I would like to know why Australia is getting discriminated against seeing as we're pretty much the only country not getting your game what is the thought behind this thousands would want to play it but it's non existent in the Xbox store why

What is this statement? The game is available in US and EU, just switch the location of your Xbox and then browse the market. As far as I know, PA is working to make the game available in AUS/NZ. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Correct. PA are indeed in the final stages of making the game available on the AUS/NZ Storefront. There is nothing stopping anyone using Xbox Giftcards and purchasing the game from the US store either, perfectly acceptable according to MS Support.

Please refer to this post below . Half way down some info you'll be interested to read in regards to the AUS/NZ store for BDX. It is coming. Rest assured Australia is not being discriminated against. It's a process that PA had to go through to GET The game onto our storefronts. They're doing everything they can to get that done as well.  It was mentioned several times on discord also that the process is indeed in the final stages

NVvDDst.png

Edited by Jinxys
add info
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this makes me think.. since my store is US (but i don't live in the US) and i pre-ordered the game already, this will always put me at a disadvantage connecting to US servers playing against ppl from the US.. 

 

can i cancel my pre-order now and re-order it from the EU (which are closer to me)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

Lol just change your region very simple

changing the region means losing all the pre-order content..

 

[Etc.]Will we be able to switch regions between NA/EU servers?

Yes, you can switch between NA/EU servers through your Xbox settings. When you switch servers, nothing will carry over, meaning that all your characters and things you have purchased will be region specific. Also, if you pre-order Black Desert for the EU region, your pre-order bonuses will only be available on that server.

so, do i still have the chance to cancel my pre-order and re-order it from UK store? i wish to act on this quickly.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, maXmood said:

changing the region means losing all the pre-order content..

 

[Etc.]Will we be able to switch regions between NA/EU servers?

Yes, you can switch between NA/EU servers through your Xbox settings. When you switch servers, nothing will carry over, meaning that all your characters and things you have purchased will be region specific. Also, if you pre-order Black Desert for the EU region, your pre-order bonuses will only be available on that server.

so, do i still have the chance to cancel my pre-order and re-order it from UK store? i wish to act on this quickly.. 

Was talking to dude complaining why its not in stores....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, maXmood said:

this makes me think.. since my store is US (but i don't live in the US) and i pre-ordered the game already, this will always put me at a disadvantage connecting to US servers playing against ppl from the US.. 

 

can i cancel my pre-order now and re-order it from the EU (which are closer to me)?

Yes you can cancel your preorder, then change your location to your country (located in EU) in xbox system settings, and then pre-order your pack again for your correct EU location.

Playing with higher ping on US servers if you're living in EU is a high disadvantage in BDO because of more desync/lag during your attack combos and cc.

(explained it in case anyone else had the same issue)

Edited by Geralt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im no expert. But North America is closer to Australia then Europe...

Which would mean youd oreorder there for better ping yeah?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MakeumRage said:

Im no expert. But North America is closer to Australia then Europe...

Which would mean youd oreorder there for better ping yeah?

yea, i think ppl from Australia are better off ordering from NA stores. However, i'm not sure once they introduce the servers in Australia, how will they move the characters and their content? i mean, when you switch servers, nothing moves with you, which means ppl who are far into the game will have to start again..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, maXmood said:

yea, i think ppl from Australia are better off ordering from NA stores. However, i'm not sure once they introduce the servers in Australia, how will they move the characters and their content? i mean, when you switch servers, nothing moves with you, which means ppl who are far into the game will have to start again..

Thats exactly what it means. I doubt it will be different but thats exactly what PC was like. You had alot of people that just stayed cause they were already started

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, maXmood said:

yea, i think ppl from Australia are better off ordering from NA stores. However, i'm not sure once they introduce the servers in Australia, how will they move the characters and their content? i mean, when you switch servers, nothing moves with you, which means ppl who are far into the game will have to start again..

 

12 minutes ago, MakeumRage said:

Thats exactly what it means. I doubt it will be different but thats exactly what PC was like. You had alot of people that just stayed cause they were already started

i dont recall them sayin they were addin nz/au servers. they said they were tryin to get it listed in the store so people from those locations can play but they said there was no play for a separate nz/au region. if they list it in the store they wont have to move characters. that only happens if they give an entire region but unless that changed without me knowin they arent givin u guys ur own region. they havent even given one to pc players so im guessin there arent enough folks to justify a separate region.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in Australia and switched to the US store to pre order the game but it wants a US address when I try to use my Card or Paypal so I don't think changing regions is an option for card or paypal..not sure about gift cards

Edited by DeVoid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you live in Australia, the only way to buy it from the US store is if someone from the US buys it for you. I really hope they resolve this before headstart begins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DeVoid said:

I am in Australia and switched to the US store to pre order the game but it wants a US address when I try to use my Card or Paypal so I don't think changing regions is an option for card or paypal..not sure about gift cards

 

9 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

If you live in Australia, the only way to buy it from the US store is if someone from the US buys it for you. I really hope they resolve this before headstart begins.

i don't live in the EU/NA, Australia or anywhere near those regions.. however, i was able to pre-order the game from the US store, then i cancelled the order (realized i needed to play on EU server due to ping/latency), switched to UK store and pre-order it again.. and i've used my paypal account (which isn't NA/US/EU/UK account) to buy the game..

 

if you want a US address, search youtube for "create a US account xbox live". you'll get couple of videos explaining what you need to do.. just get the address, because that's all you need.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2019 at 7:31 PM, maXmood said:

yea, i think ppl from Australia are better off ordering from NA stores. However, i'm not sure once they introduce the servers in Australia, how will they move the characters and their content? i mean, when you switch servers, nothing moves with you, which means ppl who are far into the game will have to start again..

We won't be getting a OCE / AUS server it's only NA and EU

On 2/14/2019 at 12:15 AM, joshtoal23@hotmail.com said:

So I would like to know why Australia is getting discriminated against seeing as we're pretty much the only country not getting your game what is the thought behind this thousands would want to play it but it's non existent in the Xbox store why

It got rated in Australia a few days ago, it'll be in the store but not before launch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I buy the game from the US store, will that prevent me later on from purchasing Pearls for that account using the AU store or from using a credit card with an aussie address? Or will I always have to use gift cards or something with an American address?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

If I buy the game from the US store, will that prevent me later on from purchasing Pearls for that account using the AU store or from using a credit card with an aussie address? Or will I always have to use gift cards or something with an American address?

the region gives you access to the xbox store and to the game servers..

so, if you buy it from the US store, you will need to buy things from the US region to get them in-game on the NA servers. every time.. 

when the game comes out on the AU store, you need to verify on what servers/region you'll be on. i think they will probably link any add-ons/dlcs/pearls/in-game currency purchases to the same region they assigned to the AU store. so you won't need to worry. 

 

but i'm only saying you need to make sure on what region you are, just to make sure you don't go spending money on things that won't be available to you on your preferred region.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...