Nightingale

GMs/CMs here are some things from a PC Player about BDX Beta & Launch that could be addressed.

So far the beta is going well, as a PC player I'm a little awkward with the game still but it feels familiar. With this post here are things I find that need to be addressed either for quality of life or for performance/function. Everything here is already in the PC version of Black Desert,  these are just things that make BDO better on PC.

We have auto pathing on BDX, but no auto looping functions. This was added some time after launch on PC, but was a major QoL changed. You have weight to train, stamina to train on your characters, Horses take a very long time to level higher levels ( all be it T5/6 isn't that bad but T7/8/Dream do) On PC it's just a simple button to press once you selected you path. This will infinite loop till you stop it or you DC.   @Aradonaisan Showed it is LT+X but it's written as "Move To" should be named Auto Loop. 

Red Nose quest scrollneeds to be instanced like other boss scrolls, or relic scrolls so you do not see 20-50 other players trying to do the same thing at launch. Last thing you want to see is the wrong red circle on the ground. 

Enhancement Rates, PC players just got this, as a 3 year vet, it was nice to see how bad my chances really were. My suggestion comes for the new players, when they see the fail they need to understand why. While yes we now have charts, and google docs showing this for the most part, new players wont know to look for these. 

Skip enhancement, this is a big deal to us tin-foilers on PC. While I do notice you have it by double tapping the "x" button later on this could be a very bad way to accidentally degrade your newly found TRI piece of gear. This could be a toggle button so when fail stacking  you can just rip stones like we do on PC. 

Looting with Y/Interacting, you should have no delay in the time I hit Y to the time it loots.  On pc we just double tap R and its looted or R and it reads/skips.     [CM]Shirna gave good response to this. Plus I noticed it auto loots once the button has been pressed.

Party/Guild Pinging - As a retired PvPer and node waring player on PC, Pings were an important part of moving or organizing assaults. Also very helpful when trying to explain to your friends where certain things are or where you can be found to as simple as showing your friend where you park your horse. [ for players who have never played BDO, this a ping that can ONE set your auto path or two can be used to show a Red line in the open world where you are. ]

Guild quest funds, This was also just added to PC not too long ago this was a BIG QoL change for questing. Helps make a little silver per quest and rewards players who actually do quests. Everyone gets silver per mob or fish or log or rock collected. 

Pet Groups, Now i haven't messed with this too much to see if i'm overlooking this, on PC we have 3 buttons to assign pets to 1-2-3, and it will pull out that group of pets. While most won't have this issue right away, From a PC player Stand point we have 3 types of pets: Life, Knowledge, Combat pet groups we use most. 

Special Deals, I THINK this isn't in the beta because no one has money to really buy anything. On PC this is where you split loot with your friends as you grind and it sells with no market taxes but it divided equally between the amount of players in the party at the time. This may also be something to do with the new Market coming to PC on the 20th (next Wednesday) so cant say for sure if Special deals will be removed till then.   As the Market released today (20th of Feb), We can party and get the special deals to show up. Will have to wait for launch to see if this makes it in game. So my running theory, is they didn't put this in for beta due to lack silver in game. 

Alchemy/Cooking History, We have a function that lets us recall the last use ingredients down to the number which is helpful when spam cooking the same things over and over. This appears to only put the ingredients in, and not the amounts. 

Ingredients quantity, It feels like double work to select the ingredients put them in the station then select quantities. PC we just select the item, tell how much we want to put in, and it fills a slot.

Node workers, while the system is different and will take some getting use too, I think one small QoL could be made here too. The menu is cool, but if I want to add a worker on a node you should just let me click the potato node and get to the same menu.

^ Edit 03-05-19 The more I use the worker system the more cumbersome it appears to become. PC's version is way more streamlined and this actually needs a overhaul. Things like Sort by town, accessing workers right off the node without having to shuffle through a menu just click on a node and put a worker on it, Show WHAT THE NODES actually are. This needs some SERIOUS help

"Screen Shake" , I like to feel a little epic from time to time, its just over done for a general setting. If you cannon provide a slider to dial in the amount you want like PC, then you need to give 2-3 options like: None, Little, Some, All.   Before I cross this off while it is toned down from the final beta I still want more control over this. I know you the company want a certain look, but this isn't your call its the players, the viewers on streams call, if it makes them sick, let them adjust how much they want. Yes it makes skills look great but after a few minutes it gets annoying.  

Other players effects,  Just going to put this in because i know the days coming where siege will be slide show like PC. You will need a setting to turn on and off other players effects.    

Edit - Before I mark out Other players effects I personally want to see larger scale battles on my personal xbox before I cross out. [CM]Shirna stated this is set to do just that but I haven't had to much come up were things got super bad. I just know this is still a pretty big issue on PC, so we turn our effects off before large fights. 

Black Stone drop rate, Not sure if its just the beta or a bug, but these guys are abysmal to get right now. Maybe I'm use to how things are on PC, but these could use a boost in the drop rate. 

Worker Cancelations from nodes, Just a small thing that is a big QoL. Having this ability to cancel nodes as you manager you worker empire is big, verses having to go to the worker menu to stop work. 

No Screenshot function? Not sure i'm missing something but I don't see a way to screen shot, or hide UI for special screen shots. Is this just not in Beta or is this not in BDX yet? (on PC its CTRL+U hides UI) then print screen takes your screenshot    [CM]Shirna pointed this out below how to do our "Hide UI" function - Photo Mode with ring menus

Long Delay from closing Inventory and not being able to move - Not sure if this is a bug or if you have some weird timer on it.  I should be able to instantly go in and out of my inventory. 

Edit ^ - I have been able to replicate this multiple times coming out of inventory and not being able to move for 3-5 seconds after, nothing seems to work right away. So i think this can be called a bug, this doesn't seem intended. 

^Edit 03-02-19  - Yesterday I cannot tell you how many times this almost killed me where I get stuck and cannot move after I open my inventory (intentional or by accident) this really needs to be address soon. 

As i continue the beta I will add things below this line of additional things i find or think of. 

New form Original Post:

Pop up Alerts, On PC these are VERY annoying. I have everything turned off expect workers, and horses market registrations (T8s/Dream). We really need to be able to turn off other peoples looting, life skills, resets, enhancement fails, Market registrations, guild wars. While we aren't experiencing this during the beta, come launch this will be a common occurrence. 

^ Edit 02/21/19 - With Central Market being release we have no more market registrations, in chat, or above as a header. Once PRI - PEN comes This will be the dominate header coming up for people failing TRI and TETs. 

^Edit 03/01/19 - Pearl items still pop up i want to have an option to turn these off its annoying. If you wont get rid of them turn off the "boop" noise they have. 

Chat Filter for Names, I sent a ticket  (got a response just saying sorry for the inconvenience) on this and made a independent post (to see what other players were getting) but I want to see a response that something has been changed before launch on the 1st of march or it's going to suck for a lot of players who cant use their desired family or character names. Chat Filter is overly sensitive to names, that are harmless but do contain some words that aren't appropriate out of context.   They have fixed this on release and is way more lax now! Thanks Pearl Abyss.

Cleansing +15 gear, Please do not make us go through the cancer of making a low level red alt to downgrade gear for fail stacking. Please add the simple NPC already in the PC version, and in the BDX version, just without the cleansing menu. 

Camera View, This would be nice to be able to zoom out a bit more than the default PoV. This would come in handy for PvP as well as being helpful for some classes as they grind. 

^ edit - further than what max is at launch.

Dish of Poorly Prepared Ingredients - You made a post talking about these not being in game at launch, yet your road map shows Kamasylve in the first "half" of 2019. These need to be in early on so people will have the contribution to do anything in Valencia let alone Kamasylve. 

***POST LAUNCH FINDS***

There is no item bug - I have had this to me a few times now in 24 hours where I have items in different town storage and I go to pull an item(or items) out and it says "There is no item" when I clearly see the item. It fixes when I go to the character select menu. 

Skill menu - It is stupid I cannot access the skill menu during Auto running/riding to anywhere, cooking or any other activity. On PC I can't tell you how many times I pull up my skill menu to think about things, help friends with skills, see what add-ons I have, change a few skills around while I auto path to my destination, process, cook, fish or anything i'm doing "passively". 

Locking your 100% - I do not mean locking the actual skill just the ability to toggle it on and off (using the normal skill not the Black Spirit Rage). This was a major QoL change when it came to PC and shouldn't be the hard to bring to BDX.

^ side note 03-07-19 : This is really getting annoying having to watch my BSR like a hawk in the game. I can never just zone out and wait for when i need to absorb it (like in PvP or an elite i need to nuke) I either have to blow it and absorb it or wast it on my 100% skill. 

Market Place Registration notification bug - It appears when some one lists an item, the notification pops up 3-6 times. I noticed this when i saw 6 Shudad costumes for the same class get posted within seconds of each other. Then check and only 1 is listed. 

Cannot see what items prices are listed at - This is highly annoying when you are trying to look for an item and it says it is available but you have to put a buy order for max or guess and try each price to find where it is listed at. Please find away to show each price and what it is listed for like on PC.  (say a Steel Dagger is listed at 3 different prices ranging from 90k - 160k we have to guess at each increase to find where the 3 Steel Daggers are located) 

Sorting Bank Storage - Self explanatory really. We need the option to sort the storage like we can our inventory. Things are going to become such a headache in a few weeks

^ side note - 5 days in already a nightmare.

Items Not Stacking In Storage - If you have say 30 carrots and you put some items in your storage and later add 20 more carrots they do not go into the same sack. This happens when inventory de-syncs. Has happened several times to me today. This is a bug and needs to be addressed soon. 

Character Transport - This is not currently in our version but it was so helpful on PC to move characters around where needed. 

Processing Outfit not working from storage - this is bugged and needs to be fixed ASAP

Cannot see exact quantities in Storage - while to the masses who have items less than 999 in one stack will see all the digits, it is very annoying as a professional cook/alchemist to NOT see exactly how much I have of an item. I plan things down to the exact station. This is especially true later when I have to physically go out an gather and rarer drop to make an item. I assume you did this for "clutter" reasons but maybe have it expose the full number when you hover over it or just show them at all times. 

Cannot access ring menus while in House - This is annoying when i got to try to feed workers while i'm cooking, or want to reach for my maid because i forgot something and don't want to run all the way back. Could be at least get the option to add the LT rings in so we have limited access? Side note while I do have a work around for the worker menu, it's still awkward to have to think of click on the beer to get to the worker menu. 

Auto Fishing Trash items - PC has the option to throw away all trash while fishing, this is just QoL for AFK fishing.

Horses Abysmal speed in towns - I know this was your fix for some peoples rendering issues, but holy crap I HATE going into towns with my horse because I slow down more than people auto running. Can you at lease let us auto run with our normal speed, and maybe not the active run or sprint?

Edited by Nightingale
Showing Changes with CMs or other players have found and tested, plus new ideas
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Some good suggestion in there but also keep referring to pc...this isnt pc its xbox and im sure down the road we will get some of those things but not at the start. I hope the xbox version doesnt turn into a "pc has this why dont we"

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

Some good suggestion in there but also keep referring to pc...this isnt pc its xbox and im sure down the road we will get some of those things but not at the start. I hope the xbox version doesnt turn into a "pc has this why dont we"

But it’s still built on the core engine and code of the PC, BDX wasn’t re-written. I hope they would take some QOL features from PC and not try and reinvent the wheel. There are a lot of things on BDX that are just over complicated and need to be streamlined. If the PC version addressed it, bring it over and adapt it to the console UI.

• Like 4

@Bnews757 yes I refer to PC because this is were this game comes from, this ultimately is a Korean PC MMO port, not some new MMO that Pearl Abyss thought to make. It will exactly turn into that because PC players always compare the other regions. It's inevitable, Archer was the first step in the right direction for bringing content out at the same time. I could be complaining we don't have awakenings, or all 17 classes, that we only start up to Calpheon when Drieghan is already out, level cap is 55 to start when PC has 62-63's as the normal, Cron Stones aren't 2mil ea like PC, no 5th pet yet, no Sea Monster Hunting that will  eventually ruin the economy, PRI-PEN on weapons and armor are in the game, that players dying to PKs should lose EXP like the original release to prevent karma bombing. This game will progress, and we can't start with everything. The point of the thread is to point out very small things that will help the beta, and ultimately the first 30, 60, and 90 days of BDX quality of life. A lot of what you are playing now in this beta is a RESULT of 3 years of NA/EU and another year of KR development. I guarantee you if most played the original launch of BDO on xbox most wouldn't be playing BDX long with how bad of a release it was. This is starting miles beyond that, but everything stated in OP, is just QoL that probably will come, but pointing out my findings and suggestions non the less from an experienced player.  I want the Xbox community to love Black Desert as much as I did on PC, which is in a pretty good spot for beginners who want to compete, if the gear gap wasn't so bad. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

@Bnews757 yes I refer to PC because this is were this game comes from, this ultimately is a Korean PC MMO port, not some new MMO that Pearl Abyss thought to make. It will exactly turn into that because PC players always compare the other regions. It's inevitable, Archer was the first step in the right direction for bringing content out at the same time. I could be complaining we don't have awakenings, or all 17 classes, that we only start up to Calpheon when Drieghan is already out, level cap is 55 to start when PC has 62-63's as the normal, Cron Stones aren't 2mil ea like PC, no 5th pet yet, no Sea Monster Hunting that will  eventually ruin the economy, PRI-PEN on weapons and armor are in the game, that players dying to PKs should lose EXP like the original release to prevent karma bombing. This game will progress, and we can't start with everything. The point of the thread is to point out very small things that will help the beta, and ultimately the first 30, 60, and 90 days of BDX quality of life. A lot of what you are playing now in this beta is a RESULT of 3 years of NA/EU and another year of KR development. I guarantee you if most played the original launch of BDO on xbox most wouldn't be playing BDX long with how bad of a release it was. This is starting miles beyond that, but everything stated in OP, is just QoL that probably will come, but pointing out my findings and suggestions non the less from an experienced player.  I want the Xbox community to love Black Desert as much as I did on PC, which is in a pretty good spot for beginners who want to compete, if the gear gap wasn't so bad. 

Dude relax dont need the life story i play on pc since beta but i dont see myself whining about what xbox should have cause pc has it but some of your improvements i liked just not all of them

That's fine I'm not here whining about anything, I just want to be as clear as possible a LOT of new eyes on Black Desert with this xbox release. Glad you have time under your belt too, so you know what's to come! 

1 minute ago, Nightingale said:

That's fine I'm not here whining about anything, I just want to be as clear as possible a LOT of new eyes on Black Desert with this xbox release. Glad you have time under your belt too, so you know what's to come! 

Yes great ideas. So far my game play on xbox was ok not too many bugs only thing i noticed was when i summoned boss my character would get stuck after animation and die cause i aggroed all the mobs in the area lol. Yes i know whats to come and plan on actually doing all the quest this time on my main and then go from there. I just leveled to 33 on beta. I really just wanted to mess around with the controller part. My pc is terrible so one of my reason coming to xbox is hoping for a smooth play which is why i bought an xbox one x. Welp time for work cya later

Just to answer a few of them, the others will be making their way to reports. 

Screenshot function: needs to be added to ringmenu through the edit ring menu settings. This will allow you to take your screenshots using the Xboxx tools (home Y for screenshots) 

Looting with 'Y': Will be used in the future, so a press Y is not really an option right now for looting. We took the time down as low as we feel it should go (0.2 seconds before latency), but we can't do much more than that. 

Screenshake: It's on the desks of the developers last week. They're going to be looking at doing something hopefully in the near future. 

Other Players effects: This is set to drop off automatically. When there are too many things happening, it will reduce the effects (I believe, in high stress situations I saw Dream of Doom have no Particles). So we'll continue to monitor that. 

The long Delay is odd, since it doesn't happen every time. We're looking into it. 

Thank you for the other suggestions, we'll make sure to report them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

i like your post, i dont think of it as a bad post, i think as a good sugestion, i played BDO on pc since release and i saw changes all over the place, suggesting isnt wrong, i can see what you want is for the game to get better, everyone should be fine with you comment

5 hours ago, CubicVariable42 said:

You can auto loop, I think it's LT and X.

It displays the blue line as green if it's a loop.

Thanks editing my post now! 

5 hours ago, [CM]Shirna said:

Just to answer a few of them, the others will be making their way to reports. 

Screenshot function: needs to be added to ringmenu through the edit ring menu settings. This will allow you to take your screenshots using the Xboxx tools (home Y for screenshots) 

Looting with 'Y': Will be used in the future, so a press Y is not really an option right now for looting. We took the time down as low as we feel it should go (0.2 seconds before latency), but we can't do much more than that. 

Screenshake: It's on the desks of the developers last week. They're going to be looking at doing something hopefully in the near future. 

Other Players effects: This is set to drop off automatically. When there are too many things happening, it will reduce the effects (I believe, in high stress situations I saw Dream of Doom have no Particles). So we'll continue to monitor that. 

The long Delay is odd, since it doesn't happen every time. We're looking into it. 

Thank you for the other suggestions, we'll make sure to report them. 

Thank you for the response! Im going to edit my post now for the Hide UI/ Screenshot function. 

I understand about the Y button one thing I did notice that makes up for it is you auto loot the item, PC we have to press R to see the loot then R again to loot it, you just hold the button down and it does both. I didn't notice that my first time around. So time wise it's probably going to be the same. 

Playing the beta made me even more excited to come play the Xbox version even more. Feels a little overwhelming to start from zero again, but it's going to be fun. 

The beta is coming to a close. It was a lot of fun to start from zero and looking forward playing the game at launch. These were the things that stood out to me as a PC player coming to xbox, overall, I'm very impressed with the work they did on porting this amazing MMO to xbox. While 3 years of habits I had to fight through it will not take long to adjust once release is here. They have a lot of great things going, some small things can be adjusted and bring a lot more to this great game. I hope we get to see more of these answered and brought in before launch or soon after as QoL patches to come. 

To new players just be patient, this release version is MILES better than what I started with on PC. Best advice I can give, just ask questions, do research, and make your own choices. PC players have found a lot out over the last few years, and they have put out a lot of good information, but be careful some is very outdated by this point, but experienced players will be able to help you out. 

One of the biggest surprises I saw was how big of a performance difference in was upgrading my Xbox One to the Xbox One X. I hope Pearl Abyss does a performance pass for Xbox One and One S players. I feel it could almost be an advantage for One X players having better performance.  

I look forward to seeing you all in game here in NA. I have had a blast the last 3 years on PC and plan to maintain my PC account, but ready to help Xbox players develop in this awesome game. GMs/CMs, good luck, keep your heads up this is about to become a wild ride. 

• Like 1

Thank you for bringing some points up here. I am not really a vet player on PC, got into BDO around March 2017 but never got it run smootly on my PC and besides having more than 15 years experience with MMO´s on PC i also got never used to the keyboard and mouse with BDO. I love the sandbox aspect and hoped to see it one day on console... and here we are 🙂

I think the Team did a really good job how they ported it over. But i have to admit, I am also a bit scared about the future, the reality is, BD in general with the awesome graphics, character creator, life skill experience, complexity and such a awesome fighting system could have been the best MMORPG ever made... IF they would have just stood to cosmetics (no melting, no trading them) and maybe inventory slots/ monthly value pack. Other games showed how it can work... League of Legends, Fortnite and now Apex (and it is EA!!!) and these are FREE in the first place.

I dont wanna start the p2w debate because there should not even be one, its crytsal clear.. Yes i ordered the ultimate edition (great value) and i hope i find a way for myselfe having fun with the game even knowing there is no way reaching anything in a top spot no matter how hard i would work for.

I wanna round up my "Ple" with something positive. The Shadow Arena (not sure when but i think we will see the arena one day on XBox aswell) is a step in the right direction. Even when its just a little part of the game where only skill and experience but no gear and money matters, its at least one place where we are all even 😉

@Nightingale Agree that the worker system need a bit more love because even in the beta with just 10 or 15 worker it was nearly impossible to organise them without a pen and paper (offline) to remember who does what and where... might become impossible with 50+ later on.

Edited by Xparts

14 minutes ago, Xparts said:

Thank you for bringing some points up here. I am not really a vet player on PC, got into BDO around March 2017 but never got it run smootly on my PC and besides having more than 15 years experience with MMO´s on PC i also got never used to the keyboard and mouse with BDO. I love the sandbox aspect and hoped to see it one day on console... and here we are 🙂

I think the Team did a really good job how they ported it over. But i have to admit, I am also a bit scared about the future, the reality is, BD in general with the awesome graphics, character creator, life skill experience, complexity and such a awesome fighting system could have been the best MMORPG ever made... IF they would have just stood to cosmetics (no melting, no trading them) and maybe inventory slots/ monthly value pack. Other games showed how it can work... League of Legends, Fortnite and now Apex (and it is EA!!!) and these are FREE in the first place.

I dont wanna start the p2w debate because there should not even be one, its crytsal clear.. Yes i ordered the ultimate edition (great value) and i hope i find a way for myselfe having fun with the game even knowing there is no way reaching anything in a top spot no matter how hard i would work for.

I wanna round up my "Ple" with something positive. The Shadow Arena (not sure when but i think we will see the arena one day on XBox aswell) is a step in the right direction. Even when its just a little part of the game where only skill and experience but no gear and money matters, its at least one place where we are all even 😉

@Nightingale Agree that the worker system need a bit more love because even in the beta with just 10 or 15 worker it was nearly impossible to organise them without a pen and paper (offline) to remember who does what and where... might become impossible with 50+ later on.

Comparing bdo to fortnite, apex, and league of legends is a joke and no comparison at all. I mean bdo you grind up money to get better gear to get stronger and that's how it should be. I think bdo is the best mmorpg to date. What else compares to it? Nothing or people would be playing that instead. What do you consider a top spot? Being softcap? Everyone can reach it but it isn't a race. Have to work at your own pace and deal with rng. With this everyone gets to start on the same playing field and atleast attempt to reach +15 before awakening and pri, duo, tri, tet, pen come into play. That's when we will really see a difference.

Well the thing is @Bnews757 is partially right getting +15 before awakening probably will challenge some, but if the game is set like it was in beta, we can probably just grind and loot +15s right away (with some effort at grinding). So the xbox grind in theory will be easier than how it started on PC. But he is 100% correct this game isn't a race. Like everyone rushing to 55 is cool, but the thing is at some point everyone can catch up. My "main" ranger never really got past 58 for the longest time. Up till Christmas she was 62 and on several channels top 5 growth. Yet for probably a year she didn't even make top 100 in growth. 

I think what Xparts was saying Bnews is that in those games you can earn the same rewards in game and just from the cash shop. While my idea from day one of that whole mess was just bring a vendor in the game and sell it, so players in game can obtain it, this is how they pay for not having you buy expansions every time a class, or region is released. We pay it in other ways that benefit your characters.

Also @Xparts i agree with you on the worker system. I will be carefully and closely monitoring this because this is very vital to my plans I have in BDX. So I hope we see some QoL stuff later. 

12 hours ago, Bnews757 said:

Comparing bdo to fortnite, apex, and league of legends is a joke and no comparison at all. I mean bdo you grind up money to get better gear to get stronger and that's how it should be. I think bdo is the best mmorpg to date. What else compares to it? Nothing or people would be playing that instead. What do you consider a top spot? Being softcap? Everyone can reach it but it isn't a race. Have to work at your own pace and deal with rng. With this everyone gets to start on the same playing field and atleast attempt to reach +15 before awakening and pri, duo, tri, tet, pen come into play. That's when we will really see a difference.

Alright then lets not compare to the three games mentioned (different genre). Lets take the closest you can get and compare to ESO. Thats the perfect example how a developer can include a cash shop and not make it gamebreaking  and the game still sucessfull. Gamebreaking is the word here and makes the whole PVP (besides the maybe upcomming ShadowArena) obsolete.

I still have hope, because of the big sucess of BDO Mobile (made nerly 3 times the revenue of BD Online in Q2 2018), 190 employes hired, new headquader get build and around 400 million revenue in 2018 they might take it a bit easier in the future and step back... even when we know, when money talks, also the opposited could be true 😉

Source: https://mmoculture.com/2018/08/pearl-abyss-black-desert-developer-prepares-to-open-offices-in-usa-and-japan/

@Xparts Yes ESO's cash shop was a good way to implement things like costumes, so was FF14's as well. The thing to remember with Black Desert's Cash shop is Pets, not only loot for you, the give you buffs as the Tier up and level up, Costumes give buffs for each piece equipped. Elder Scrolls charged you I think $40 for Summerset and Black Desert gave us Kamasylve for free. It's a two edge sword when companies take these business models. The cash shop isn't game breaking for Black Desert, people need to under stand and unify under the definition of "pay to win". Nothing in the cash shop gives you a Major advantage to a player.

Example 1: Player "A" bought a ghillie suite, Player "B" doesn't own one. Sure it is a little more annoying to fight player "A" as player "B" but you can still kill him just as easily with that ghillie suite on. 

Example 2: Player "A" is tired of being behind in combat, Player "A" goes to the cash shop and buys a "HEX: Kzarka" for his class. Player "B" has been working hard to level up its gear, and only has a "TRI: Kzarka". When Player "A" and player "B" meet not only does player "A" have a better weapon than Player "B", Player "B" cannot get the "HEX" enhancement in game without the cash shop. 

Example 2 is the definition of pay to win. Nothing in black desert's cash shop does that. People argue about artisan memories, the crons in costumes, the tent. It's pay to lose, I bought $80 worth of Artisan Memories a while back and used all of them trying to get a TET back. I had melted several costumes I had collected from playing since launch on many classes, went to cron my Dande, Zarka, and Offin, Still have my 132 stack, Not a single one went. Why? Because RNG is still in control. I could spent minimum about of crons and got a PEN or I could put in $5,000 more into costumes and STILL NEVER see PEN. 

Is black desert pay for convenience?, yeah, absolutely. is it pay to win? not a chance. I've seen more Cron fails where people buy either direct from cash shop, or over time from the Market, to straight from the black smith, fail PEN attempts 8-10 times a day and never get the enchant. 

I hope this eases your mind a little on that, Xparts!

@LofiVibes I edited that to maybe read a little clearer too, I noticed that when I even went back to read it. Now it should be clearer. If not I can rewrite that part. 

On 2/24/2019 at 5:58 PM, Nightingale said:

@Xparts Yes ESO's cash shop was a good way to implement things like costumes, so was FF14's as well. The thing to remember with Black Desert's Cash shop is Pets, not only loot for you, the give you buffs as the Tier up and level up, Costumes give buffs for each piece equipped. Elder Scrolls charged you I think $40 for Summerset and Black Desert gave us Kamasylve for free. It's a two edge sword when companies take these business models. The cash shop isn't game breaking for Black Desert, people need to under stand and unify under the definition of "pay to win". Nothing in the cash shop gives you a Major advantage to a player.

Example 1: Player "A" bought a ghillie suite, Player "B" doesn't own one. Sure it is a little more annoying to fight player "A" as player "B" but you can still kill him just as easily with that ghillie suite on. 

Example 2: Player "A" is tired of being behind in combat, Player "A" goes to the cash shop and buys a "HEX: Kzarka" for his class. Player "B" has been working hard to level up its gear, and only has a "TRI: Kzarka". When Player "A" and player "B" meet not only does player "A" have a better weapon than Player "B", Player "B" cannot get the "HEX" enhancement in game without the cash shop. 

Example 2 is the definition of pay to win. Nothing in black desert's cash shop does that. People argue about artisan memories, the crons in costumes, the tent. It's pay to lose, I bought $80 worth of Artisan Memories a while back and used all of them trying to get a TET back. I had melted several costumes I had collected from playing since launch on many classes, went to cron my Dande, Zarka, and Offin, Still have my 132 stack, Not a single one went. Why? Because RNG is still in control. I could spent minimum about of crons and got a PEN or I could put in $5,000 more into costumes and STILL NEVER see PEN. 

Is black desert pay for convenience?, yeah, absolutely. is it pay to win? not a chance. I've seen more Cron fails where people buy either direct from cash shop, or over time from the Market, to straight from the black smith, fail PEN attempts 8-10 times a day and never get the enchant. 

I hope this eases your mind a little on that, Xparts!

@LofiVibes I edited that to maybe read a little clearer too, I noticed that when I even went back to read it. Now it should be clearer. If not I can rewrite that part. 

Thanks for the long answer. So i guess we just have to agree to disagree. Dont know how many different games you played before BDO but if BDO is not what these 3 words initialy state then they simply dont exists at all 😉

The EOS example, yeah DLC costs money, thats still just $25? In BDO you can spend TENS- or even HUNDRED TOUSANDS to build you a Superhero ^^

I really dont want us to argue about the whole thing cause i guess since years people are tired of this. My post was just my own thoughts and feelings and also a little beg for to PA to maybe take a step back in the XBox version. I also stand to the point BDO would be the best game every made, but because of this fact it simply isnt.

Yeah lets raise the costumes sales alowed per week from 10 (or was it 5?) to 35... if this doesnt convice you then nothing will ragarding p2w ^^

P2w for me is when you can archive in 1 day where others need to farm (grind) a year (not just some hours)

Edited by Xparts

4 hours ago, Xparts said:

Thanks for the long answer. So i guess we just have to agree to disagree. Dont know how many different games you played before BDO but if BDO is not what these 3 words initialy state then they simply dont exists at all 😉

The EOS example, yeah DLC costs money, thats still just $25? In BDO you can spend TENS- or even HUNDRED TOUSANDS to build you a Superhero ^^

I really dont want us to argue about the whole thing cause i guess since years people are tired of this. My post was just my own thoughts and feelings and also a little beg for to PA to maybe take a step back in the XBox version. I also stand to the point BDO would be the best game every made, but because of this fact it simply isnt.

Yeah lets raise the costumes sales alowed per week from 10 (or was it 5?) to 35... if this doesnt convice you then nothing will ragarding p2w ^^

P2w for me is when you can archive in 1 day where others need to farm (grind) a year (not just some hours)

Yeah, we can do that! 

If billionaires want to blow $100k on BDX please be MY GUEST pay for the severs, the GM/CMs paychecks while I sit a laugh as they still fail all those PEN accessory enchantments for their superheros they are trying to rush. 

I just don't see why people flip out so bad about the "ability" to sell 35 - 200mil costumes at $1,190USD a week (thats a house payment). The demographic of BDO isn't billionaires, its high school/collage kids, its the middle class living pay check to paycheck, its professionals with trust funds, its professional gamers, its a mix of a little of everything. With the central market now in place even if you had 100 billion silver in BD it still doesn't mean you will win that order or be able to "force" your way to PEN.

Prime example that a LOT of PC gamers will remember seeing on Twitch was Bong, a KR BDO streamer, Near PEN everything. How many PEN orge attempts did we watch him blow up, how many TET tungrad earrings did we watch him fail, how many times did we see him scream when he failed his PEN armor attempts? He was at the time one of the most geared wizards on KR, still saw him get sent to jail, still saw him die in node wars, saw him lonely being only a few (at the time) with that stupid gear. The thing is yeah he sold costumes 30 at a time on KR all the time, his streams would donate to him and he'd sell costumes. But with all that "pay to winning" he did, He got close to the top with 2 years of playing, and quit.  He couldn't even get a fraction back of his account's worth if he tried. 

This post isn't directed to anyone just the last i wanted to say, that maybe it will ease some minds. Like @Xparts and I are saying agree to disagree. and back to how the OP was meant, for suggestions/bugs/ and mechanic changes that I'm keeping up with. 

Edited by Nightingale
spelling >.>
  • Like 2

talking about whales who are literally USD billionaires, or about the low statistical odds of PEN'ing anything is missing the forest for the trees IMO. 

it doesn't really matter if PEN specifically is or isn't hard to get (it's hard, ofc). Those are just the outliers. the middle class of PC BDO is filled with players who've blown way past their own personal budgets to get an edge or keep pace with their peers.

It's basic stats : with equal chances, on average the person with the most attempts wins. distributed across the entire population, that means swipers on average do better than non-swipers - how much better depends on how much they swipe. literally every part of the gear curve is directly influenced by the cash shop. just imagine how much lower the average GS would be on PC without artisans. 

I agree with @Xparts, I think the pearl shop was unnecessarily destructive on PC, and can easily be tuned down while still allowing the game to be massively profitable.

good suggestions in the OP. hope those get implemented too. 

also, here's to fresh starts. this p2w thing obviously triggers me, but I'm giving PA enough benefit of doubt to buy a preorder. Either way, launch should be fun, no matter how that other stuff shakes out down the road.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Roots said:

It's basic stats : with equal chances, on average the person with the most attempts wins. distributed across the entire population, that means swipers on average do better than non-swipers - how much better depends on how much they swipe. literally every part of the gear curve is directly influenced by the cash shop. just imagine how much lower the average GS would be on PC without artisans. 

Roots I agree 100% with that you are saying! I think one small little thing out weighs the cash shop, that was more harmful than any amount of costumes swiped. The people who bought payouts 3x times a week or just making billions a week sea monster hunting, drop guild, sea monster hunt, drop guild, and do this every week getting T5 - T10 payouts. The gear curve would have been more on track with or without artisans, but the guys making 5-7 bil a week ramming fish with a sailboat hurt the economy way more than the $40 bundle of artisan memories. 

Personally I have hope this won't be an issue in BDX because all the guild rules, payout rules, and drop rates are all set and doing much better on PC. All they have to do is Copy + Paste and things won't get out of control here.