Sign in to follow this  
Drifter667

Distant structures on Xbox One X

Can anyone with an Xbox One X tell me if the game displays distant structures on the console, my old release Xbox One doesn't and it's annoying me.

I've been thinking about upgrading my console for this game and can't seem to find anything about this.

Hmm...you are referring to draw distance on the XBX. I mean, the XBX does a great job at 4k 30fps and 1080p 60fps. It does have some pop-in of textures that I notice, but nothing major. I see some npcs load in late. But as far as distant trees, mountains, etc it does a good job.

For a reference point, I can see mountains in the far distance when you first start out at the tent (new character spawn). I know it’s a big investment for the XBX, so you can drop by my stream if you really want me to test certain spots.

I grabbed a clip from my stream testing 60fps, not really the point for you but it does show the distant mountains. You could go there in your game, on your console and compare. Thats a 720p video, so don’t compare fidelity here.

• Like 1

I went and watched the full video and it answered my question. Seems I'm  going to be buying a new console.

You're mountains look way better, though I was more interested in whether or not structures like Cron Castle could be seen from a distance.

On my console Cron Castle isn't even visible from the Velia docks, its the same with othe places as well like Heidel Castle popping in only once I'm pretty much on top of it. Otherwise theres just a mountain in it's place.

Anyway it looks like the Xbox One X should more then fix this, thanks.

I would wait for official release before buy a one x because draw distance was bad for one x as well on first beta. They fixed it in this beta. May be there will be fix for og and one s too.

Edited by berkayselcuk

This is more on the engine they use, you will see improvements on better hardware but not a huge one.

It's basically a pretty version of unreal 3 lol. Like unreal 3.5.

What Pearl Abyss did here for console is completely amazing.

This is a custom engine the PA built for their PC version and it ported over extremely well. It’s  not a Unreal 3 engine. If still accurate, they used YEBIS software, also used in Dark Souls 3 and Bloodbourne for consoles, to create a custom engine.

Consider how Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Origins look on 4k console and its just a single player game, no real player netcode to worry about, yet IMO BDX looks better, more vibrant and BDX has to handle 100’s of players in an area at one time.

Wasn't saying it was unreal, it just reminds me of unreal (a lot of the same issues) but it did port over well.

Just saying throwing $$ at it won't give you as much of a boost as you may think. But what you do with your money is up to you use as you see fit.

Will give you a HUGE boost. Not neccesarily in graphics so much but performance overall. The two consoles ar night and day honestly. Anyone telling you different doesnt own one or just doesnt play both bery often ( i own all of them and jump around depending what kid im playing with or if im on my own)