Paddy_Whack

Exploits Going Forward

2 minutes ago, Verbz said:

For starters Sir Verbz is my father, you may refer to me as Verb, dude or me lord. 

Now I am not stating that it wasn't an exploit, I had no idea that the mp gave the silver out straight away, it was my understanding that you only got paid when another player bought your items for sale. 

Now at the end of the day this is a beta and as such it is for testing and finding problems with the game such as exploits, for people to come on the forums spouting for bans during a beta is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen or heard when it comes to gaming, so what if someone found an exploit in a beta, I'm happy for that to happen because guess what, that has since been fixed and hopefully we don't see it in the release. 

I for one welcome players finding exploits in both beta and release so they can get fixed and prevent long term abuse of the system. 

One thing is finding exploits and reporting them, another one abusing them and claiming to play legit. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Verbz said:

Now at the end of the day this is a beta and as such it is for testing and finding problems with the game such as exploits, for people to come on the forums spouting for bans during a beta is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen or heard when it comes to gaming, so what if someone found an exploit in a beta, I'm happy for that to happen because guess what, that has since been fixed and hopefully we don't see it in the release. 

I never asked for any bans from beta, your misunderstanding the post.

There is a difference between finding an exploit and reporting it, to finding an exploit and abusing it. Yes the beta is here for testing of course and when myself and my guild found a member who had full +15 gear after 12 hours of beta going live, we investigated to find out how it was possible and when we discovered it was gained using an exploit, we removed him from our guild and reported the exploit to Hexe, who got it sorted very quickly.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Verbz said:

For starters Sir Verbz is my father, you may refer to me as Verb, dude or me lord. 

Now I am not stating that it wasn't an exploit, I had no idea that the mp gave the silver out straight away, it was my understanding that you only got paid when another player bought your items for sale. 

I for one welcome players finding exploits in both beta and release so they can get fixed and prevent long term abuse of the system. 

Alright, exploiters go along and join Alpha. Great marketing lord!

Also, before acting smart like this

"Wait, is this what people are calling an exploit? Do they not realise this is how business works even in th real world lol, buy cheap sell high." 

I suggest you inform yourself on what happened so you can prevent yourself from looking dumb, or perhaps that's what your into, lord. 

Edited by Betty

5 minutes ago, Paddy_Whack said:

The pet feed exploit was the main issue in this post. The team fixed it quickly when it was brought to their attention and that's a good thing. Buying something cheap from the market and selling it back when prices rise has nothing to do with this. That is a genuine investment and nothing like what this post is about.

The other issue was getting an ultimate pack for every character that beat Red Nose, which I'm pretty sure was not supposed to happen. Players then opened the costumes, melted each piece at a blacksmith for cron stones, and sold the crons to a NPC earning about 10 million silver for each toon they did that on. If players did it on 1 toon, then thats fine. Its a completely genuine feature of the game and the player gets 10mill and sacrifices his costume. Doing it multiple times with costumes you should not have gotten IS ABUSING AN EXPLOIT. 

It absolutely amazes and actually worries me how many people think that doing this was ok and completely fair. And then those that brag about their gear as if they had actually achieved something.

The players that abused these exploits during beta will be the same people doing it again if the chance arises when the game goes live and that is the point I am making in this post. PA need to be firm with this issue and set an example from the start if issues like this arise after launch.

Tbh I would have thought it intended for all your chars to get the ult pack so that people who haven't bought the game yet get to experience everything on more than 1 char so I don't see that as abusing an exploit, even if it was should it really matter as its a beta that lasted a couple of days, it's not like players get to keep it all for release, everything gets wiped. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Paddy_Whack said:

The other issue was getting an ultimate pack for every character that beat Red Nose, which I'm pretty sure was not supposed to happen. Players then opened the costumes, melted each piece at a blacksmith for cron stones, and sold the crons to a NPC earning about 10 million silver for each toon they did that on. If players did it on 1 toon, then thats fine. Its a completely genuine feature of the game and the player gets 10mill and sacrifices his costume. Doing it multiple times with costumes you should not have gotten IS ABUSING AN EXPLOIT. 

It absolutely amazes and actually worries me how many people think that doing this was ok and completely fair. And then those that brag about their gear as if they had actually achieved something.

The players that abused these exploits during beta will be the same people doing it again if the chance arises when the game goes live and that is the point I am making in this post. PA need to be firm with this issue and set an example from the start if issues like this arise after launch.

Ok you mean this? Here is a picture from one of my costumes on my ranger, right now. It gets even better, you can spend $29-$36 and do it unlimited amount of times (each costume), just go to the pearl show and swipe. the fact people were leveling characters to 15 xD i'll be honest I didn't even check to see if I could melt the Shudad, and didn't think they would be putting that in Week 1. 

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by Nightingale
spelling

6 minutes ago, Betty said:

So you would much rather people not find and report exploits leaving a select few to hold the knowledge and stay super rich in secret? 

Gtfo trying to drag the guild I'm in into the conversation. 

I'm happy to report any exploit I've ever come across in any game I've played and I will do in BD also but one thing I won't do is complain about people finding exploits in a beta. 

The exploit was found and it got reported and fixed, no matter what game you play there will always be those trying to use them for their own gains, again I'm happy if they find them and boast about it as that means it gets fixed quicker. 

Well at least there gonna be patched now for release right? RIGHT??? I knew alot of people using the bug where a few popular streamers/community members while some said yea its a bug and stopped a few kept using it. But i mean beta is over it was ment to test things which got done. No harm no foul at this point as long as its not there on release. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Betty said:

Also, before acting smart like this

"Wait, is this what people are calling an exploit? Do they not realise this is how business works even in th real world lol, buy cheap sell high." 

I suggest you inform yourself on what happened so you can prevent yourself from looking dumb, or perhaps that's what your into, lord. 

Erm maybe you should read the post of mine you quoted before this one where I said I didn't know that's what had happened, in fact if you had quoted me a few posts prior it would have been valid but instead you are just back peddling to do nothing more than attempt insult which Tbh is quite weak on your part, but hey gg on the attempt. 

The mentality of people that would rather abuse a bug and not report it is very worrying.

I hope that if anyone is found doing something like that on release he'll be set as an example for the rest and punished hard.

• Like 1

If there are players exploiting new bugs like the one found in beta (central market one, which was fixed fast luckily), then I hope they are very strict with the perma bans.

If something goes out of control, they also have to consider roll backs instead of just letting it fly with a broken start. 

If they let cheaters get away in this game, it will be the death of the game, since gear progression and silver is a huge part of bdx and the motivation to play.

Just look at the bdo MENA server on PC, they had exploits due to the new central market that got out of hand, and now the economy is ruined while players quit from MENA in masses.

They have to be prepared so this doesn't happen on xbox.

I sincerely hope they already have ways ready to catch any exploiters or players that "suddenly" got 5 billion silver in the storage on day 5, and that they double check for bugs in the central market before launch.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Geralt said:

If there are players exploiting new bugs like the one found in beta (central market one, which was fixed fast luckily), then I hope they are very strict with the perma bans.

If something goes out of control, they also have to consider roll backs instead of just letting it fly with a broken start. 

If they let cheaters get away in this game, it will be the death of the game, since gear progression and silver is a huge part of bdx and the motivation to play.

Just look at the bdo MENA server on PC, they had exploits due to the new central market that got out of hand, and now the economy is ruined while players quit from MENA in masses.

They have to be prepared so this doesn't happen on xbox.

I sincerely hope they already have ways ready to catch any exploiters or players that "suddenly" got 5 billion silver in the storage on day 5, and that they double check for bugs in the central market before launch.

Good quality post! I have no objections

Cheap pet food? It was 3000 x 1 at stable for most of us..that not cheap.

I played 5 characters all beat Rednose and proudly wore the shudad..not interested or desperate enough to destroy their armour...so glad 

I didh't try pvp would of been outmatched.

well then if that's exploiting, i'm guilty too damn, when people kept getting stuck in the floor and they reduced the server change cooldown to 0 and made the elite run i was doing 3x more profitable. went from 3mill/hr to 8-10m/hr in prognl

Edited by LogoutGG

11 hours ago, Betty said:

Betty, you’re the one looking incredibly dumb here

He clearly wrote that he’s happy that the exploits were found during the Beta t.e.s.t so they could be fixed before release. Thats why they run a beta test jesus.

Are you saying they should ban the ones who found the BUG in the BETA test and reported it? 

I want to thank whoever found that bug and made them aware of it so it’s not there on release to create cancer, maybe you should do the same if you really dont like exploits in the game

Can you imagine what would happen if that bug wasn’t found in beta and stayed for release?

if you are the leader then im rejecting your offer to join symphony lul

Edited by Seinfeld
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Seinfeld said:

Betty, you’re the one looking incredibly dumb here

He clearly wrote that he’s happy that the exploits were found during the Beta t.e.s.t so they could be fixed before release. Thats why they run a beta test jesus.

Are you saying they should ban the ones who found the BUG in the BETA test and reported it? 

I want to thank whoever found that bug and made them aware of it so it’s not there on release to create cancer, maybe you should do the same if you really dont like exploits in the game

Can you imagine what would happen if that bug wasn’t found in beta and stayed for release?

if you are the leader then im rejecting your offer to join symphony lul

You clearly have read about 1/3 of the topic, i’m tempted to correct you on every point but, yea.. no, if you’re not reading properly i can’t help you. 

Can help you on one though, we reported when we found out a member of ours abused an exploit and removed said member from guild, what are you saying? I say, go back and read posts if you wanna discuss.

Also, where have i stated that i’m inviting you personally?

you seem to have been waiting for something to complain on, this isn’t it my man.

Edited by Betty
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Grammaticus said:

I'm bit more concerned we get Costume Melting day 1 than what people did with their free costume during Beta event tbh.

Nothing wrong with costume melting day 1. Who is actuslly going to use them to get plus 15 gear lol would be a waste

Whoa, this post has devolved into people deliberately ignoring each others posts and then calling the other person stupid for not reading all the posts... 

Tl;dr: Bugs/Exploits = Bad. Report them, please. People who abuse exploits once they're aware it's an exploit = Bad. Ban those people. People who see a bug/exploit and immediately report = Good.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alder said:

Whoa, this post has devolved into people deliberately ignoring each others posts and then calling the other person stupid for not reading all the posts... 

Tl;dr: Bugs/Exploits = Bad. Report them, please. People who abuse exploits once they're aware it's an exploit = Bad. Ban those people. People who see a bug/exploit and immediately report = Good.

My white knight in shining armor, thanks! 

1 hour ago, Bnews757 said:

Nothing wrong with costume melting day 1. Who is actuslly going to use them to get plus 15 gear lol would be a waste

Well the economy will be quite young so the competitive advantage from getting millions in Crons strikes me as still worth considering. Not even mentioning the fact that we will get the PRI/DUO/TRI etc quite soon and then it'll be Cron Enchanting time for whales.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Grammaticus said:

Well the economy will be quite young so the competitive advantage from getting millions in Crons strikes me as still worth considering. Not even mentioning the fact that we will get the PRI/DUO/TRI etc quite soon and then it'll be Cron Enchanting time for whales.

We have no idea when we will see pri, duo, tri. They said soon but soon could mean months from now. Which i dont mind bring the extra content slow no need to rush

7 hours ago, Grammaticus said:

I'm bit more concerned we get Costume Melting day 1 than what people did with their free costume during Beta event tbh.

I'll be 100% straight with you, EVEN if it is in day one. You could only use the cron stones on accessories. If you are dumb enough to blow $22-$29 per costume to upgrade a Bares Necklace to TRI, be my guest and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be dumb. Crons won't work on gear till after the +15 update where PRI-PEN come in, even then they only work going for TRI, TET, and PEN. 

44 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

I'll be 100% straight with you, EVEN if it is in day one. You could only use the cron stones on accessories. If you are dumb enough to blow $22-$29 per costume to upgrade a Bares Necklace to TRI, be my guest and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be dumb. Crons won't work on gear till after the +15 update where PRI-PEN come in, even then they only work going for TRI, TET, and PEN. 

1. You never upgrade Accessories with Cron cause the Enchantment level can still drop. That is generally a bad idea even with current state of game on PC. 
  2. Why wouldn't Crons work for 0-15 Gear we get at release?
  3. Costume Melting is not just for Crons, you can also melt for Valks Cries which give you quite the edge at the start of the game when people slave for few mil Silver.
  4. The problem will only grow much larger when we get PRI-PEN, which will likely be max of few months only. People will start hitting TET or even PEN much MUCH faster than they would in the original version. Also you might call the costume price dumb, but i guarantee you there will be many whales that'll just see it as pocket money.

Overall i'm very unhappy about Costume Melting being here from the start. I guess they'll avoid protests this way tho, when most people can't tell how bad this is for economy.

• Like 1