Jump to content
Paddy_Whack

Exploits Going Forward

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Grammaticus said:
  1. You never upgrade Accessories with Cron cause the Enchantment level can still drop. That is generally a bad idea even with current state of game on PC. 
  2. Why wouldn't Crons work for 0-15 Gear we get at release?
  3. Costume Melting is not just for Crons, you can also melt for Valks Cries which give you quite the edge at the start of the game when people slave for few mil Silver.
  4. The problem will only grow much larger when we get PRI-PEN, which will likely be max of few months only. People will start hitting TET or even PEN much MUCH faster than they would in the original version. Also you might call the costume price dumb, but i guarantee you there will be many whales that'll just see it as pocket money.

Overall i'm very unhappy about Costume Melting being here from the start. I guess they'll avoid protests this way tho, when most people can't tell how bad this is for economy.

1) I completely agree, but I was just stating that is the only thing they work on.

2) Crons only prevent the level drop of an item, 0-15 they do not degrade in enchantment, only TRI fails go to PRI, TET go to DUO, and PEN go to TRI. 0-DUO is safe from downgrading. 

3) I know all about valks crys. I had 900 of them ON PC (lost most while working on backup TET/PEN attempts). That 10+ stack wont get you far. Sure its a nice bonus, but early game like we will be in, I bet more often then not you lose that +10 to a fail stacking item. 

4) At 132 stacks (which i currently have on my ranger) PEN is a 3% chance to go. I've seen guys hit for PEN 8-10 times in a row and fail every time. In the beginning NO ONE will have the materials or even the stacks to go for PENs like we can on PC right now. 

I'm attaching a photo of my wizard, to show you gear like this a LONG way away. After the first year you MIGHT see people getting around this. But most will aim for full TRI gear before going TET/TRI

So bad for the economy, hardly. The materials and gear don't exist yet (boss gear), and it will take a while to get a full set. You should be more worried about the possibility of selling costumes on the market than melting them. That would be a prime example of bad for the economy right away. 

wiz gear.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

1) I completely agree, but I was just stating that is the only thing they work on.

2) Crons only prevent the level drop of an item, 0-15 they do not degrade in enchantment, only TRI fails go to PRI, TET go to DUO, and PEN go to TRI. 0-DUO is safe from downgrading. 

3) I know all about valks crys. I had 900 of them ON PC (lost most while working on backup TET/PEN attempts). That 10+ stack wont get you far. Sure its a nice bonus, but early game like we will be in, I bet more often then not you lose that +10 to a fail stacking item. 

4) At 132 stacks (which i currently have on my ranger) PEN is a 3% chance to go. I've seen guys hit for PEN 8-10 times in a row and fail every time. In the beginning NO ONE will have the materials or even the stacks to go for PENs like we can on PC right now. 

I'm attaching a photo of my wizard, to show you gear like this a LONG way away. After the first year you MIGHT see people getting around this. But most will aim for full TRI gear before going TET/TRI

So bad for the economy, hardly. The materials and gear don't exist yet (boss gear), and it will take a while to get a full set. You should be more worried about the possibility of selling costumes on the market than melting them. That would be a prime example of bad for the economy right away. 

2) Yeah you're right, was thinking about Valks and got that mixed up.

3) It's up to you when you use the Valks Cry bonus, in the situation where failstacking is hell expensive in terms of the early economy "free" +10 can help quite a bit, especially as you can do so repeatedly to no end. 

4) Sure at the beginning, but people tend to get ahead real fast. Plenty people have know-how and will be hitting TET sooner than you might expect. True that attempting PENs won't happen any time soon, but i bet that once it starts to be current concern, you will have more Melted Cron attempts than the genuine hard-worked ones. Just look at how many PENs get made during costume discounts.

Costume selling will be bad as well of course, especially early game, but at least there are limits to it and i bet nr1 reason for buying the Costumes will (AGAIN) be melting them for better Silver / Cron exchange rate.

Oh and decent gear on your Wizard i guess, i've seen you post this around so just let me post mine for comparison:

image.png.f57c8d5b6f2664b8b808af62447c89b5.png

Edited by Grammaticus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Grammaticus said:

2) Yeah you're right, was thinking about Valks and got that mixed up.

3) It's up to you when you use the Valks Cry bonus, in the situation where failstacking is hell expensive in terms of the early economy "free" +10 can help quite a bit, especially as you can do so repeatedly to no end. 

4) Sure at the beginning, but people tend to get ahead real fast. Plenty people have know-how and will be hitting TET sooner than you might expect. True that attempting PENs won't happen any time soon, but i bet that once it starts to be current concern, you will have more Melted Cron attempts than the genuine hard-worked ones. Just look at how many PENs get made during costume discounts.

Costume selling will be bad as well of course, especially early game, but at least there are limits to it and i bet nr1 reason for buying the Costumes will (AGAIN) be melting them for better Silver / Cron exchange rate.

Oh and decent gear on your Wizard i guess, i've seen you post this around so just let me post mine for comparison:

image.png.f57c8d5b6f2664b8b808af62447c89b5.png

xD nice renown score  :P  too bad that's been gone for months now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nightingale said:

xD nice renown score  :P  too bad that's been gone for months now 

Yeah, luckily managed to $ell that account shortly before it got removed for that extra buck and bought me Xbox X and brand new TV for this version of the game.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grammaticus said:
  1. I guess they'll avoid protests this way tho, when most people can't tell how bad this is for economy.

On this forum people seem to enjoy defending stuff they'll complain about later.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Grammaticus said:

Yeah, luckily managed to $ell that account shortly before it got removed for that extra buck and bought me Xbox X and brand new TV for this version of the game.

Hahaha nice the One X is great, I'm glad I did the upgrade, I would have better gear, but I pinch my pennies too hard and I tend to buy my gear over upgrading. I had just been in a weird spot trying to figure out if I want to make TET accessories or PEN dande. So I have just been pooling up money till I figured out what I wanted to do. :D 

Now with BDX coming i have my answer, sit on my money even more and buy stuff slowly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

Hahaha nice the One X is great, I'm glad I did the upgrade, I would have better gear, but I pinch my pennies too hard and I tend to buy my gear over upgrading. I had just been in a weird spot trying to figure out if I want to make TET accessories or PEN dande. So I have just been pooling up money till I figured out what I wanted to do. :D 

Now with BDX coming i have my answer, sit on my money even more and buy stuff slowly. 

Indeed ! One X is great, although it still kinda struggles in some situations, i'm really concerned about Node Wars or Boss Fights (looking at you Vell), but time will show.

I've actually been incredibly lucky with those 5 PENs tbh, never needed more than 3 attempts and some i got under 90 FS while building FS on my backup for TET Accessories.  That's why i somehow internally believe that the 3% Chance they are announcing during Enchanting is BS and there have to be other hidden stats that influence this. I'd never hit 5x 3% in like 15 attempts.

Have fun in BDX, pitty ur NA :).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Grammaticus Yeah, My friend did the Kzarka event with his One X and said while yes it did drop in performance, it wasn't as bad as our servers use to be when He use to spawn long ago. It was very playable. Vell scares me, I've been grinding in Valencia on a Vell Channel and felt the servers just die, but I hope they are preparing now for events like that or spawn him on more channels. 

Yeah 5 Pens is stupid. I just have a PEN Rosar I use for my DP/Hybrid builds. Plus for a long time I had it in my head FULL TET before I go for PEN. Then all the changes came and said eff it on my backup sets. Now my 132 stack just sits collecting dust on my Ranger. I could see that. I try to believe that they have removed "most" of the hidden stuff, but who knows. 

Same, enjoy over in EU. Maybe someday XBox users will get the "one world system for events" and we fight sever vs server like I heard PC might get someday. 

 

Below is @nurama 's screenshot he sent me since I couldn't be home for that event. 

2-18-2019_5-56-13_PM-sp4oyvbl.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grammaticus said:

2) Yeah you're right, was thinking about Valks and got that mixed up.

3) It's up to you when you use the Valks Cry bonus, in the situation where failstacking is hell expensive in terms of the early economy "free" +10 can help quite a bit, especially as you can do so repeatedly to no end. 

4) Sure at the beginning, but people tend to get ahead real fast. Plenty people have know-how and will be hitting TET sooner than you might expect. True that attempting PENs won't happen any time soon, but i bet that once it starts to be current concern, you will have more Melted Cron attempts than the genuine hard-worked ones. Just look at how many PENs get made during costume discounts.

Costume selling will be bad as well of course, especially early game, but at least there are limits to it and i bet nr1 reason for buying the Costumes will (AGAIN) be melting them for 

image.png.f57c8d5b6f2664b8b808af62447c89b5.png

This might be considered as porn in my view 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

exploits should be treated seriously, and the exploiters should get a perma ban not a temporary ban, but from my previous experiences, I see PA did nothing seriously, and this was only final beta so you can do whatever you feel like to do, but for the official launch, PA should enforce strickly those attempting to use the exploits existed ingame.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is beta. You cant ban exploiters because they are doing the actual job of a beta tester which is finding bugs and exploits.

Unfortunately it is when its not reported to the GMs as a bug/exploit and then used at launch that we have issues which can result in game/economy breaking issues

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2019 at 4:52 PM, LogoutGG said:

well then if that's exploiting, i'm guilty too damn, when people kept getting stuck in the floor and they reduced the server change cooldown to 0 and made the elite run i was doing 3x more profitable. went from 3mill/hr to 8-10m/hr in prognl

 

It's literally a beta and they didn't have any card event or zones to actually farm and grind for. People thought outside the box. Elite runs for hella gold, running rednose repeatedly to bust down the armor.

Neither one of these are exploits. This is a situation of people wanting to progress their characters, beta or not, and finding a way to use IN GAME MECHANICS to get it done. 

The pet food was an exploit. Elites and Red nose were not. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paddy_Whack said:

Nothing constructive to add to the thread? 

Could say the same thing to you in my thread

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Beond said:

Could say the same thing to you in my thread

bohoo, I'm sensing the same meltdown you had a couple of months ago, you should stop now before another panic attack starts creeping up on you again babygurl

Edited by Betty
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Betty said:

bohoo, I'm sensing the same meltdown you had a couple of months ago, you should stop now before another panic attack starts creeping up on you again babygurl

Died laughing :vvvv

1912-so-much-win.jpg.9796f504f76f06f17932edfec82b3fa7.jpg

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope they checked the whole vendor bought list for the marketplace. Saw raw sugar and others sold in the thousands.

Needs a thorough scrub before the market implodes. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay folks why we dragging this topic on? What happened, happened. Shirna and gang are aware, but it was just beta. They will find it very costly to costume melt at launch, and we only get one set of the Shudad armour and buying costumes in pearl shop wont be cheap...also doubt if pet food work again...I did okay no pet food till Vella in beta, I'm sure lots will. For me I plan to take time, do the quests and get xbox trophies not speedrun. Also Anthem just launched and other games so people be splitting their funds and time between games, but some of us are solely playing bd, we will be a okay.❤😊

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...