Sign in to follow this  
Seinfeld

We need an option to turn down screen shake. It's making people feel ill

They have stated multiple times that they are looking into it.. They have listened to other suggestions and implemented changes based on feedback and they are aware the screen shake is a problem for a lot of people. I have faith that it will be changed asap but it must be causing some issues trying to change and may be harder to fix than people realize. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paddy_Whack said:

They have stated multiple times that they are looking into it.. They have listened to other suggestions and implemented changes based on feedback and they are aware the screen shake is a problem for a lot of people. I have faith that it will be changed asap but it must be causing some issues trying to change and may be harder to fix than people realize. 

I don't think it's "hard" to change, rather finding the sweet spot where it doesn't make people feel queezy, but still has enough feel to keep your character feeling like he has an impact. What may look like a good place that works in the studio, may not necessarily be the right place once it hits the masses. Small sample size<large sample size. Id rather they just give us a scale, one that we can adjust right to off, rather then have them try to find the sweet spot themselves. As it's quite apparent every one has a different tolerance for it. I myself, would not turn it off. It doesn't bother me now, nor or in the first beta, but I haven't done any crazy grind sessions. At some point I may like a little less. 

The screen shake is horrible.

The classes that are affected worst by screen shake is berserker, warrior, sorc, and ranger.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jacs said:

I don't think it's "hard" to change, rather finding the sweet spot where it doesn't make people feel queezy, but still has enough feel to keep your character feeling like he has an impact. What may look like a good place that works in the studio, may not necessarily be the right place once it hits the masses. Small sample size<large sample size. Id rather they just give us a scale, one that we can adjust right to off, rather then have them try to find the sweet spot themselves. As it's quite apparent every one has a different tolerance for it. I myself, would not turn it off. It doesn't bother me now, nor or in the first beta, but I haven't done any crazy grind sessions. At some point I may like a little less. 

Do you think they are just ignoring the issue then? They have changed things that people complained about from the first beta, for instance the reduced time to hold Y for looting/gathering. They know this is a major issue since the open beta back in November, they acknowledged it and have stated they are looking into it multiple times, so its obviously not a straight forward change. So its either that or they don't care about an issue that has been raised on many occasions and is a deal breaker for a lot of people. I'd be inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt on this and expect that a change is in the works.

Edited by Paddy_Whack

I had this disabled on the PC from the beginning so I didn't even know that screen shake is so horrible during Lava Piercer skill on Berserker. I can't imagine we don't have the option to disable it.

Anyway this should be posted in Suggestions section.

Edited by Aposlaw
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Paddy_Whack said:

Do you think they are just ignoring the issue then? They have changed things that people complained about from the first beta, for instance the reduced time to hold Y for looting/gathering. They know this is a major issue since the open beta back in November, they acknowledged it and have stated they are looking into it multiple times, so its obviously not a straight forward change. So its either that or they don't care about an issue that has been raised on many occasions and is a deal breaker for a lot of people. I'd be inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt on this and expect that a change is in the works.

I don't know if you actually read any of what I said...  To quote what i said

"I don't think it's "hard" to change, rather finding the sweet spot where it doesn't make people feel queezy, but still has enough feel to keep your character feeling like he has an impact. What may look like a good place that works in the studio, may not necessarily be the right place... “

So ill break it down to laymans terms for ya.

I do think they are making changes I know they have made the changes, they have said so. It is not easy to find the right place. They do not want to turn of the setting. They try to find the happy middle ground. What I believe is, it is not hard for them change the actual amount of screen shake in studio. What I believe is hard, is finding the correct place without disabling it. 

If you can't read past the first seven words that you quoted from me, go ahead count them out, I wouldn't have to explain myself. 

If you still think im still being ignorant to the devs addressing and making changes. I will no longer adress any of your posts as you seem to be triggered by the drop of a hat. Good day to you sir. 

3 hours ago, Jacs said:

I don't know if you actually read any of what I said...  To quote what i said

"I don't think it's "hard" to change, rather finding the sweet spot where it doesn't make people feel queezy, but still has enough feel to keep your character feeling like he has an impact. What may look like a good place that works in the studio, may not necessarily be the right place... “

So ill break it down to laymans terms for ya.

I do think they are making changes I know they have made the changes, they have said so. It is not easy to find the right place. They do not want to turn of the setting. They try to find the happy middle ground. What I believe is, it is not hard for them change the actual amount of screen shake in studio. What I believe is hard, is finding the correct place without disabling it. 

If you can't read past the first seven words that you quoted from me, go ahead count them out, I wouldn't have to explain myself. 

If you still think im still being ignorant to the devs addressing and making changes. I will no longer adress any of your posts as you seem to be triggered by the drop of a hat. Good day to you sir. 

Triggered?? In what part of my reply did you get the impression I was triggered? And I never once insinuated any ignorance on your part.

I simply asked your opinion on whether or not you thought the issue was being ignored, since your reply to my previous post was that you didn't think it was hard to change, rather they just need to find middle ground with it.

If that reply really bothered you so much you should steer clear of forums. 

13 hours ago, Paddy_Whack said:

Do you think they are just ignoring the issue then? 

Do you not understand the context of what you speak? All I have said is that it is hard to find the happy medium. Which is less work then having to code in an option for us to deal with on our own. What I have quoted is insinuating that you think I believe they are ignoring the issue. No where have I said anything that should leave you with that impression. 

Edited by Jacs
  • Like 1

We dont want it turned down. WE WANT IT OFF COMPLETELY. Thats great it doesnt bother some casuals (the same ones who wil casually spend in the game..) It bothers almost 90% of the active population. I havent spoke to a serious player who disagrees. We dont want a change that lessens it. We want it gone. Off. No sense of the screen shaking or bluring whatsoever. Offfff. Make it toggable if you want for some casuals who wanna see the pretty colors and animations blur but there is no happy medium. Most of us know this from pc. This has to be and needs to be top priority. It makes people sick, and ruins the experience in game.

THIS CANNOT AND WILL NOT GO AWAY OR CHANGE BY ADJUSTING OR TONING IT DOWN. Those of us who are complaining will continue to complain as long as it stays in the game.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MakeumRage said:

We dont want it turned down. WE WANT IT OFF COMPLETELY. Thats great it doesnt bother some casuals (the same ones who wil casually spend in the game..) It bothers almost 90% of the active population. I havent spoke to a serious player who disagrees. We dont want a change that lessens it. We want it gone. Off. No sense of the screen shaking or bluring whatsoever. Offfff. Make it toggable if you want for some casuals who wanna see the pretty colors and animations blur but there is no happy medium. Most of us know this from pc. This has to be and needs to be top priority. It makes people sick, and ruins the experience in game.

THIS CANNOT AND WILL NOT GO AWAY OR CHANGE BY ADJUSTING OR TONING IT DOWN. Those of us who are complaining will continue to complain as long as it stays in the game.

That should make them turn it off hahahah. Im a serious player and it doesnt bother me. If they turn it off cool if they dont no big deal. 

6 hours ago, MakeumRage said:

Thats great it doesnt bother some casuals (the same ones who wil casually spend in the game..) It bothers almost 90% of the active population. I havent spoke to a serious player who disagrees.

I don't come from pc, so does that automatically make me a casual? I wouldnt consider myself a casual going from my time played with previous mmos and mmo likes. I'll probably end up spending 60-80$ every month for the entirety of the time I'm active on this game. To me, I consider that casual. I'd think without being a whale that's probably about as good as any support the devs could ask for. Are you able to make a reference to where you get the almost 90% from? Has that factually been proven, or an assumption to help further your point. Id like to see a link to this if the former .

All that being said, I don't disagree with you. It does bother people, some more then others. Some could use a slider, some want the toggle for off. I personally think we will get the option, just after they've probly made another adjustment and tone it back a little le more. People will still voice that they want it gone and should follow closely after launch. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jacs said:

I don't come from pc, so does that automatically make me a casual? I wouldnt consider myself a casual going from my time played with previous mmos and mmo likes. I'll probably end up spending 60-80$ every month for the entirety of the time I'm active on this game. To me, I consider that casual. I'd think without being a whale that's probably about as good as any support the devs could ask for. Are you able to make a reference to where you get the almost 90% from? Has that factually been proven, or an assumption to help further your point. Id like to see a link to this if the former .

All that being said, I don't disagree with you. It does bother people, some more then others. Some could use a slider, some want the toggle for off. I personally think we will get the option, just after they've probly made another adjustment and tone it back a little le more. People will still voice that they want it gone and should follow closely after launch. 

Idk about facts.. its been statistically proven? Im not big on proving my point so i dont look to much into it. Studies over the years have ranged from 5-15% of the gaming industrys income is made from players playing less then 25 hours a week. The rest comes from more hardcore players. 

Just googlez lol. There more then a few articles and posted surveys on it. I found 3 just now. 

Toning it down doesnt help those that get ill and dont enjoy it and wastes development time that could be spent on a toggle. A toggle literally hurts noone who enjoys it and gives those who dont immediate satisfaction. Toning it down patch after patch is waste of time trying to find something that feels right for players that will never agree on that. Someone will always complain. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MakeumRage said:

Toning it down doesnt help those that get ill and dont enjoy it and wastes development time that could be spent on a toggle. A toggle literally hurts noone who enjoys it and gives those who dont immediate satisfaction. Toning it down patch after patch is waste of time trying to find something that feels right for players that will never agree on that. Someone will always complain. 

I agree with this 100%. Making adjustments is definitely a waste of time if/when we recieve a toggle later on. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jacs said:

I agree with this 100%. Making adjustments is definitely a waste of time if/when we recieve a toggle later on. 

Toggle option would do the job. The game runs so much better without it. 

3 minutes ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

Toggle option would do the job. The game runs so much better without it. 

Well if it's that noticeable in a performance hit. I'd be turning it off myself theb

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pulssse said:

They have fixed the screen shake issue and turned it down. It will take effect on launch

Bruh. Try reading the post. Turning it down doesnt fix it. Most of us have played already with the sliders on PC. Turning it down does not help or fix the issue. We want it OFF not down. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pulssse said:

They have fixed the screen shake issue and turned it down. It will take effect on launch

I don't want it turned down, I want it off. It messes with game performance and my eyes.

It was very hard to find you NEW remastered footage with camera shake. You know why? Noone uses it. But here it is

Camera Shake:

No Camera Shake:

still a beautiful game, but much more enjoyable without headache and motion sickness inducing effects. Now this is pve... pvp is easily 100x worse. Also this is just witch!!! Play on something much more High APM like ranger or zerker or sorc and its like watching a kid in high school film a world star video. Non stop quake. Its gotta go. We dont want it down, weve tried that on pc. We want it off. Completey. 

16 minutes ago, Alder said:

I don't want it turned down, I want it off. It messes with game performance and my eyes.

Never even considered that, off would increase performance. Theyve added a feature that almost noone uses in there other releases that will decrease our performance

24 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

Ok the 10 people on the forum want it turned off lol

Watch any PC player stream the game. Nobody has it on.