Krieg

Beta Feedback thread.

Just now, Crescent said:

Reduce the screen shake, let us turn it down/off

Give us more options in the settings to reduce UI and visual effects

Give us a better way to do lifeskill while idle on the xbox. I don’t want my house to burn down because of the xbox exploding

Xbox exploding lol quit overreacting omg

On 2/17/2019 at 6:02 AM, Krieg said:

Seems like a fair number of people have been having this problem.

everyone i know that has a 720p tv or monitor had the screen issue. changin the settings on the tv did stop the cutting off either unfortunately. 1080p and 4k monitors/tvs had no issues as far as i know. the folks that switched to another tv that was full hd could see the whole image again so hopefully they add a resize option for folks that need it.

2 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

Xbox exploding lol quit overreacting omg

You know what I mean. Leaving the xbox on for over 10 hours or more for days or weeks is not healthy for the system. No other game require this, so they don’t know what will happen

5 minutes ago, Crescent said:

Reduce the screen shake, let us turn it down/off

Give us more options in the settings to reduce UI and visual effects

Give us a better way to do lifeskill while idle on the xbox. I don’t want my house to burn down because of the xbox exploding

its already been discussed many times now but again....leavin ur console on 24/7 wont damage the console. its no different then leavin ur tv on or even ur pc. if u have issues there then u need to take a can of compressed air and blow out the heatsink fins in the back of the console until dust and hair stop comin out. thats the biggest life reducer of any console laptop or desktop so keep things clean and u wont have problems.

I feel ya Krieg, I got the same issue. I couldn't see anything above my hp or the map. Half my inventory stuff was also cut off. Sucks because I got a semi old tv I guess, don't wanna buy a new one for ONE game lol. Other than that both betas were amazing for me, besides certain graphical things cause I got a regular xbox one but that's to be expected.

7 hours ago, Crescent said:

You know what I mean. Leaving the xbox on for over 10 hours or more for days or weeks is not healthy for the system. No other game require this, so they don’t know what will happen

My xbox stays on 24/7, absolutely no issues, I just do a hard restart occasionally. Now it's not running a game 24/7 so time will tell how that affects it. Personally don't think there will be any issues and I imagine PA would have tried it already.

A little while ago, somebody got me to actually notice the pop in. I haven't been able to unsee it since.

The brightness during the day combined with the screenshake is terrible, but manageable in waves.

Leveling rate from scratch seemed to go at about the same pace as PC.

Node wars was ruined for me. Couldn't get in to the servers.

Yea, The inventory UI needs to be increased at least 20% like nightingale said.

I saw in chat a few times about the screen being cut off, didn't experience this and do not know how to fix it.

Partying up worked great!

Quests worked.

PvP collision was definitely off.

I didn't experience too many framerate drops, or I didn't notice them.

My xbox did not explode during the beta

Overall, I think the beta went well. Issues that arose seemed to be isolated cases, except for the server issues. Combat went well, lifeskills seem to have worked as intended. Even taking a raft out to balenos islands felt good. See you all at launch!!

• Like 1

Somethings I would like to see in the final release are

- UI scale options

- An option to toggle the UI On/Off permanently, I know there is a Photo mode but soon as I press a button the UI returns 

- The ability to keybind forward evasion 

- Screen Shake slider

- Camera acceleration toggle on/off

- Option to hide quest tracker

- When using a USB keyboard hitting enter should allow us to chat directly without having to press the back button then X on the controller

- When pushing the left stick forward slightly the character should walk not run

Overall I thought the beta was great and surprised how well it ran on the Xbox One X

I understand there is room for improvement in any game, but seriously people some of these demands are idiotic. 

Who cares if there is a Giant Y on your screen, or your screen is cluttered (Just buy a bigger Montior) no one cares...

The game works and runs perfectly. Please stop demanding pathetic requests, and start reporting bugs or exploits to improve the structure of the game. Not quality of life issues. 

Edited by Achoren
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Achoren said:

I understand there is room for improvement in any game, but seriously people some of these demands are idiotic. 

Who cares if there is a Giant Y on your screen, or your screen is cluttered (Just buy a bigger Montior) no one cares...

The game works and runs perfectly. Please stop demanding pathetic requests, and start reporting bugs or exploits to improve the structure of the game. Not quality of life issues. 

Exactly too many demands like they have to be done.....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, numnutz2005 said:

its already been discussed many times now but again....leavin ur console on 24/7 wont damage the console. its no different then leavin ur tv on or even ur pc. if u have issues there then u need to take a can of compressed air and blow out the heatsink fins in the back of the console until dust and hair stop comin out. thats the biggest life reducer of any console laptop or desktop so keep things clean and u wont have problems.

Well leaving on your tv if it doesn't have an auto dim could lead potential burn in/imagar retention issues. My old 52" Sony lcd I relocated to my bedroom not long ago suffers from this. 

6 hours ago, Achoren said:

First of buying a bigger monitor doesn't change the fact that the text, Icons etc are a little too big and giving us scaling options shouldn't be a problem and should be a standard in any MMO

Second of all these aren't "demands" they're suggestions, and of course bugs/exploits will and have been reported all ready.

Just because you don't care about QOL changes doesn't make them pathetic requests, this is a beta feedback thread! anything that can help improve the experience for all players in the final release is only a positive thing. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Honestly I kinda agree with the whole "demands" thing. Some of the requests that affect QOL are nice and some are just kinda stupid. Like someone said the loot and interact button was too big. Are you just standing their during combat to where you can't see???

Also some of these are not possible. People are also complaining about using the OG Xbox and asking for performance fixes to suit them. This game is demanding. Either upgrade or sit in the dust. Sorry to tell you that's just how it is. They can't help you. 

I also agree this should be for actual issues like the market exploit, or skills not being able to be learned. QOL will happen in time. There is bigger problems at the moment then the most minor QOL issues. People are also saying they're not going to preorder or get until they are in game. Get over it honestly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, PvT Insanity said:

Honestly I kinda agree with the whole "demands" thing. Some of the requests that affect QOL are nice and some are just kinda stupid. Like someone said the loot and interact button was too big. Are you just standing their during combat to where you can't see???

Also some of these are not possible. People are also complaining about using the OG Xbox and asking for performance fixes to suit them. This game is demanding. Either upgrade or sit in the dust. Sorry to tell you that's just how it is. They can't help you. 

I also agree this should be for actual issues like the market exploit, or skills not being able to be learned. QOL will happen in time. There is bigger problems at the moment then the most minor QOL issues. People are also saying they're not going to preorder or get until they are in game. Get over it honestly.

Agree with everything you said upgrade your xbox like most had to do to play on pc

• Like 3