Krieg

Beta Feedback thread.

Hey everyone the xbox Beta is coming to a close today and i know a lot of people have played the game so i figured making an easy to find thread of all out feedback would be rather helpful.

My biggest problem with the game and the only thing that is making it something i don't want to buy is that the size ratio on my tv cannot be adjusted to make the game properly fit my screen. It is one of very few games that i have this problem with and one of very few games that does not have an ingame method to fix this issue. For me i have nearly an inch on all sides cut off and when you think about it thats alot. I can hardly see my xp bar, and minimap is cut off along with the bottom of my screen and a large chunk of the text from the quest helper. These things compiled make a fairly large issue for me. If this issue is fixed which is should be able to be fixed pretty easily if i am not mistaken. This is certainly a game i would play and drop a bit of money on for cosmetics and stuff. 

What other feedback does everyone else have? 

yup, already made an topic about screen size in "Suggestions", so mostly, Im going to buy it if they gonna fix it, or make adjustable. So same as u Krieg. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pior said:

yup, already made an topic about screen size in "Suggestions", so mostly, Im going to buy it if they gonna fix it, or make adjustable. So same as u Krieg. 

Seems like a fair number of people have been having this problem.

3 hours ago, Pior said:

have you tried setting your tv to "fit all" under display settings? I had this issue on a Samsung TV, changed that setting and it fixed it for me. I could see everything just fine. 

I don't like how cluttered the screen is. The name over the character. Arrows everywhere. A giant Y to loot in the screen while in combat. I don't know why they want to make it so you can't see this beautiful game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gage Angelwind said:

I don't like how cluttered the screen is. The name over the character. Arrows everywhere. A giant Y to loot in the screen while in combat. I don't know why they want to make it so you can't see this beautiful game.

To be fair this game is designed to be pretty much a PvP game. Some of the clutter is for buffs/debuffs, the name is to keep track of your karma, (green - under 50, white - low karma, red - negative karma, Blue full karma), I never notice the arrows (do you have a waypoint set?), loot button i feel you on, but it lets you know you can pickup something. While pvping chances are you aren't around mobs because the despawn the 1 channels for node war/conquest, RBF or if you do fight in grind spots just ignore it. 

This, aswell as screen brightness and screenshake has been already reported in first beta. I hope they will fix it before release...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gage Angelwind said:

I play this game on PC. It's not cluttered like this. We have zero UI options on console.

IMG_4111.PNG

Ok so with that screen shot on PC we have control over chat box size, maybe they should give a few options for that. the arrows are from a marker to show areas of mobs that are quest related (super helpful at times). you wont see that when just mob grinding. As for the Y button its not the issue, the MASSIVE "Young Tree Spirit" text, make that smaller and i don't think it will be as invasive. 

They need to address that some skills don't seem to work any skill that you need to use left stick back + RT etc i cant do absolute darkness or black wave.

• Like 1

BETA ran great for me, got to 32 on wiz and played around with life skills on alt.  I'm $100 preorder and all in on this game.  Below are my areas to improve.

UI improvements to Node window which will allow you to see what items you will gather before investing contribution.

UI Improvements to cooking (crafting) window.  Once recipe is learned it should allow for ingredients to automatically be loaded (if in inventory) instead of having to manually enter each ingredient and amount.  Once clicking on recipe the popup window that shows necessary ingredients and quanities covers up main cooking window.  Please change this to pop up on the side instead.  

Took me a while to figure out how to get my character to auto path.  Dont know if this was explained and i missed it.  This was a game changer once I figured it out.

Make an option to mute toxic peeps from chat window.

Chat window was filtering out words that didnt need filtered.  Example: Something = So****ing

Got an error from storage when trying to withdraw items from Hiedel on an alt that was only lvl 14 in which story quest hadnt taken me there yet.  The error read something like "This is not an item" and wouldnt let me withdraw.  I logged off and retried still no luck.

Only option to pull up maids, processing, or manage workers was from ring menu.   What if ring is reconfigured?  How will these be accessed/ reconfigured?

Add window that will display possible drops from grind spots.

The brightness keep too high. I had to play in a extremelly well illuminated room, even with all the lights on during last night in order to keep my eyes safe xD.

Really guys, fix the brightness and shakiness issues. I began to feel dizzy and this is my first time feeling like that in more than 30 years playing videogames.

EDIT: BTW, such a great beta! At home we loved it and pre-order two Ultimate packs. Don’t get us down, keep in the good work and please, fix the issues mentioned above. 

Edited by Vodkanroll

1- need distance meter on this auto path arrows. Knowing how much far away your quest area is important. 

2- need a mount profile on ring menu. 

3- while riding horse if you press for Lt+dpad ring menus horse speeding up. It's really annoying.

And last issue for me, there was a crash when i close game.

Except from these issues beta was perfect for me.

I wanna see damage numbers when Im fighting, sorry I just like knowing how hard Im hitting or being hit, have a toggle option to turn it on/off.

Aminity characters need to tell info when your goto pick them, percentages how much you can gain if any etc.

Screen should have a way to zoom out so I can see more of the area around me and a way to zoom in close if I wanna take screen shots of my character

The skills menu should have more help files and information for new players so we know when picking skills what they work with combo wise or passive wise etc.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vodkanroll said:

The brightness keep too high. I had to play in a extremelly well illuminated room, even with all the lights on during last night in order to keep my eyes safe xD.

Really guys, fix the brightness and shakiness issues. I began to feel dizzy and this is my first time feeling like that in more than 30 years playing videogames.

EDIT: BTW, such a great beta! At home we loved it and pre-order two Ultimate packs. Don’t get us down, keep in the good work and please, fix the issues mentioned above. 

Same

• Let us reduce the size of the UI and text. too big and cluttered, and chat takes up too much of the screen.
  • Let us turn off the quest tracker to free up the screen view
  • Give us the option to turn down screen shake, it makes me dizzy to play and feel uncomfortable.
  • Fix the hit collision bug in pvp. my warrior was unplayable in pvp because of this. my wizard and ranger felt better.
  • Fix the right thumb stick camera aim motion, it hitches and lags sometimes. aiming is not smooth enough.
  • Remove camera aim acceleration or let us turn it off if we want.
  • There is too much framedrops, especially in 4k mode
  • Let us turn off other players effects in PVP to increase performance, the automatic turnoff effect system is not working correctly
  • Give us more customization in settings.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WindlessGuitar said:

I wanna see damage numbers when Im fighting, sorry I just like knowing how hard Im hitting or being hit, have a toggle option to turn it on/off.

Aminity characters need to tell info when your goto pick them, percentages how much you can gain if any etc.

Screen should have a way to zoom out so I can see more of the area around me and a way to zoom in close if I wanna take screen shots of my character

The skills menu should have more help files and information for new players so we know when picking skills what they work with combo wise or passive wise etc.

Pearl Abyss' Executive Producer has stated they will never bring damage numbers to the game. They do not want players just absolutely min-maxing gear and making it be a DPS race of XYZ numbers. It took Bloo unpacking the BDO client on PC and sharing all the data for them to show the Accuracy, Evasions, DRs, hidden AP/Monster APs. They just wanted us to play how we felt, not what was totally BiS. 

Amity is easy to do. google "NPC name" BDOcodex and you will see info the PC players have already given showing best possible conversations. thing to notice is Favor, and interest. Then look for what the conversation bonus is - fail 2x in a row, freely talk, successfully have 3 conversations. max i got on PC was about 300-350 per full mini game with all the potions, foods, and costumes. 

Skills from a 3 year vets perspective: we have many discords that show and talk about skills, builds and combos. All classes have a core skill grind. Don't get too attached to them right now. Awakenings change everything for non awakening.  Passives are expensive, and normally don't go first, you work them in as you can. 

-UI Cluttered

-Creeping to total darkness at many camera angles, day or night.

-Slow NPC texture loads, intermittent.  Areas full of grey 'mannequins’.

-Items in Backpack illegible on 46" @ 720p, not too much better on 56" @ 1080p.

*Tested on both Xbox 1 OG, and Xbox 1 S

Enjoyed the beta, but you've lost one preorder, and the other is in jeopardy.  Like, I wouldn't spend $100 on a game with the problems listed above.  If I stick with my Ultimate preorder at this point, it's a total leap of faith on my part.

30 minutes ago, Hardcore said:

-UI Cluttered

-Creeping to total darkness at many camera angles, day or night.

-Slow NPC texture loads, intermittent.  Areas full of grey 'mannequins’.

-Items in Backpack illegible on 46" @ 720p, not too much better on 56" @ 1080p.

*Tested on both Xbox 1 OG, and Xbox 1 S

Enjoyed the beta, but you've lost one preorder, and the other is in jeopardy.  Like, I wouldn't spend $100 on a game with the problems listed above.  If I stick with my Ultimate preorder at this point, it's a total leap of faith on my part.

UI - needs some work, I agree 

- Darkness issue I believe is something to do with the remastered mode they made, never had that issue on PC before they released the Remastered Graphics. (still can run the game on PC w/o the remastered graphics)

- Slow NPC textures - That is a result of your console being the original XB1 and XB1S (saw in another post). Upgrade to XB1X and the game looks totally different.  I did during the beta and holy crap, the difference is real. 

- the back pack needs a little work the could probably blow up the UI 20% for this and I think it will come down to how far away are you from your Monitor/TV. (but unlike PC players who 90% are ~ 2 feet from their monitors console players are ~ 10 feet on average. The UI is fine small, more distance bigger UI )

IF you don't stick to your Ultimate preorder you will have to come out of your pocket at least $30 for a costume, $10 for that horse flute, $45 for the 90 day value pack, $15 dollars for the horse flute, $9 for the 1 T1 pet, spend $18 (2x $9 pets) to make another T2 pet, and $12 for a maid. Plus you get horse gear which is $20, the wagon skin which is another $20 and the T5 horse is OP in the beginning of the game. Just to ice it off the $30 in pearls they give you for free.  Do the math, Canceling the PO for ultimate isn't a smart move. over some things that they CAN fix. We have NONE of these issues on PC. I assume after launch as the fix the holy crap game breaking bugs, Quality of Life changes are going to be priority #1 

Yeah, the math is certainly in favor of the Ultimate package.

Now, about the texture loading...yeah, that's entirely what it is.  However, the same answer for PC cannot be given to console (i.e upgrade your hardware).  If the game performs sub-optimally for X-generation of a console, you shouldn't market it for that generation.  Just make it an XB1X-exclusive if it requires the XB1X to run as expected.  They know this, but chose to include the rest of the XB1 family to reach a broader audience, $o they are on the line for $upporting their deci$ion.  'Sure, it'll play, but it won't play well' is bad CE and bad business.  Ergo, it's valid feedback for this beta IMO.

• Thanks 1

My issues. Dying with mervs palette, said i had no dye no idea where to get dyes...node linking and all...I'd watched videos no idea how to use the first option to apply black stones..no idea what happened to the maid never saw her after activating her,could not tell where or how to reduce my character's chest size so many things just not clicking yet 😢😎

41 minutes ago, Hardcore said:

Yeah, the math is certainly in favor of the Ultimate package.

Now, about the texture loading...yeah, that's entirely what it is.  However, the same answer for PC cannot be given to console (i.e upgrade your hardware).  If the game performs sub-optimally for X-generation of a console, you shouldn't market it for that generation.  Just make it an XB1X-exclusive if it requires the XB1X to run as expected.  They know this, but chose to include the rest of the XB1 family to reach a broader audience, $o they are on the line for $upporting their deci$ion.  'Sure, it'll play, but it won't play well' is bad CE and bad business.  Ergo, it's valid feedback for this beta IMO.

BTW, on XB1X I still saw plenty of black silhouette npcs walking around in populated towns. I saw plenty of texture popin. Game does look great in 4k, no doubt...but at the supposed 1080p 60fps, thats no where close to 60fps from my experience with high frame rates on PC. 

Overall PA did a unreal job to bring this eye candy game to console. By far the best looking game on XB1X even compared to the latest AC games. For a solo experience, great experience as far as performance vs playability on XB1X. 

But for a MMO and the Massive players parr, I saw way to many rubberbanding players around me. In the Battlefields it was rather embarrassing at times. Maybe I was on a bad server at the time, not sure.

I'd like to see a small adjustment for the ease of text chat. Allow us to simply hit enter on a keyboard to bring us the to keyboard menu, in put text, then enter to send. Hitting select, x, type,text away, then hit a too send is to cumbersome. I should just be able to grab my keyboard and instantly text, not have to fumble both controller and keyboard. 

Edited by Jacs

1 hour ago, sunstar said:

My issues. Dying with mervs palette, said i had no dye no idea where to get dyes...node linking and all...I'd watched videos no idea how to use the first option to apply black stones..no idea what happened to the maid never saw her after activating her,could not tell where or how to reduce my character's chest size so many things just not clicking yet 😢😎

In regards to character chest size, I can't specifically mention where in the character creation, but I believe you needed to use your bumpers to get to an alternative menu, where you can adjust the portion of just about every body part. Blackstones are used with the black spirit. Down on the d pad. Then tab over to the enhancement icon. I myself dyed successfully, although at earlier levels it said I had no merv palettes, but later on I was able to. Dont know what that's about. As far as nodes

That's a pretty good guide, not as long as some of the others, but once you figure out the beginning stages it should just start clicking with you. I spent a good portion of this beta doing just nodes, didn't want to have this system slow me down when the launch of the game came around. 

Reduce the screen shake, let us turn it down/off

Give us more options in the settings to reduce UI and visual effects

Give us a better way to do lifeskill while idle on the xbox. I don’t want my house to burn down because of the xbox exploding