Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hulkksmash

I hope new classes come quick!

Recommended Posts

I really hope they pump out new classes fairly quick. Playing the ones we get will get real old if you came from PC.

I know I know...this is console and new players blah blah. I get it. It's just some of ones being offered are boring, weak, etc. Warr, ranger, sorc... and others find wiz/witch boring as hell. 

Just imo and hoping to see the other classes implemented quickly. Hell... striker was in the videos before beta releases. 

I'll even pay for new ones lol 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully we'll get a roadmap soon that tells us when we can expect some new classes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chances are it will be, Tamer > Valk > Musa/Maewha > Ninja/Kuno > DK > Striker > Mystic > Lahn > Archer unless they release like 2/3 at a time, it could be a year before DK is released. by that point PC will be 1 maybe 2 more classes in. 

 

We should see the road map soon, now that the beta is over. 

ALSO, they could drop Tamer and Valk at launch. PC didn't have Valk listed as a starting class, but it was in Day 1. NOT trying to get any hopes but, it did happen so who knows

Edited by Nightingale
adding in Lahn
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

Chances are it will be, Tamer > Valk > Musa/Maewha > Ninja/Kuno > DK > Striker > Mystic > Archer unless they release like 2/3 at a time, it could be a year before DK is released. by that point PC will be 1 maybe 2 more classes in. 

 

We should see the road map soon, now that the beta is over. 

ALSO, they could drop Tamer and Valk at launch. PC didn't have Valk listed as a starting class, but it was in Day 1. NOT trying to get any hopes but, it did happen so who knows

I thought it was weird tamer wasn't in. He was the first character I seen running in BDX at an e3 presentation 2 years ago? Goes to show you that it's tougher then you'd think getting the characters performing just right for console. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see an additional class or two sneaked in at launch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jacs said:

I thought it was weird tamer wasn't in. He was the first character I seen running in BDX at an e3 presentation 2 years ago? Goes to show you that it's tougher then you'd think getting the characters performing just right for console. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see an additional class or two sneaked in at launch. 

I believe so, it's been a while since i saw the E3 trailer. But it may not even be that, it could be they only wanted to demo these 6, and have tamer ready to go for launch. some may have a NDA and know she is coming. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hulkksmash said:

I'd love a Valk or Striker/Mystic a couple months after release. 

Yeah, let's hope roadmap will be soon 😊

O.o i hope they don't drop them right away, this early on would break the balance of classes. Striker and Mystic are too broken for all these non awakened classes, unless they have some fundamental changes from PC to bring them in check. Plus it would make Zerker obsolete almost day 1 and waste the class early on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hulkksmash said:

I really hope they pump out new classes fairly quick. Playing the ones we get will get real old if you came from PC.

I know I know...this is console and new players blah blah. I get it. It's just some of ones being offered are boring, weak, etc. Warr, ranger, sorc... and others find wiz/witch boring as hell. 

Just imo and hoping to see the other classes implemented quickly. Hell... striker was in the videos before beta releases. 

I'll even pay for new ones lol 

 

While I agree with you that I hope they bring the other classes quick as I like the looks of maehwa and ninja, but please please please don't make suggestions of paying for the other classes, don't give any company an idea of us having to pay for things we shouldn't be lol 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2019 at 10:24 AM, Nightingale said:

Chances are it will be, Tamer > Valk > Musa/Maewha > Ninja/Kuno > DK > Striker > Mystic > Archer unless they release like 2/3 at a time, it could be a year before DK is released. by that point PC will be 1 maybe 2 more classes in. 

 

We should see the road map soon, now that the beta is over. 

ALSO, they could drop Tamer and Valk at launch. PC didn't have Valk listed as a starting class, but it was in Day 1. NOT trying to get any hopes but, it did happen so who knows

You think Archer will make it before Lahn? :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Wiitchcraft I highly doubt it, PC has followed Korea Since Dark Knight on Class releases. I assume Xbox will probably follow the same. We will have a better idea when they release the road map, and once launch gets here to see if Tamer and Valk make it to release like PC NA/EU. 

Sure Archer was teased in one of the original trailers of BDO for PC. They did scrap him and finally just release him. But it will be anyone's guess what order they come out in. (one at a time, multiples, or bundled) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nightingale said:

@Wiitchcraft I highly doubt it, PC has followed Korea Since Dark Knight on Class releases. I assume Xbox will probably follow the same. We will have a better idea when they release the road map, and once launch gets here to see if Tamer and Valk make it to release like PC NA/EU. 

Sure Archer was teased in one of the original trailers of BDO for PC. They did scrap him and finally just release him. But it will be anyone's guess what order they come out in. (one at a time, multiples, or bundled) 

I was only asking since you didn't list lahn. But yeah I'd agree with your list on the likelihood of releases. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Wiitchcraft said:

I was only asking since you didn't list lahn. But yeah I'd agree with your list on the likelihood of releases. 

😂 hahaha oppps i forget about lahn even being a class it was so underwhelming.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2019 at 10:47 AM, Nightingale said:

O.o i hope they don't drop them right away, this early on would break the balance of classes. Striker and Mystic are too broken for all these non awakened classes, unless they have some fundamental changes from PC to bring them in check. Plus it would make Zerker obsolete almost day 1 and waste the class early on. 

Gotta disagree.

Ninja is the strongest unawakened class. Striker and Mystic unawakened isn't that great. Zerker has grabs for days, among other useful things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Cloudkicker said:

Gotta disagree.

Ninja is the strongest unawakened class. Striker and Mystic unawakened isn't that great. Zerker has grabs for days, among other useful things.

Think you miss the point of striker and mystic coming too early, the magic DP resists they have will hurt Sorc, Witch, Wiz right out the gate without some balancing to that in the beginning. Most classes don't really have the Skill kits yet to take on Mystic and Striker.  Ninja is probably the most broken currently for bust damage, good friend of my can 1 combo a lot of 580GS players with less than 540GS. If a ninja blows their cool downs they have to disengage and wait for the cool downs.  Zerker is useless come Mystic and Striker, which is sad. Till the release they will be very tough to fight, unless you can burst the heals they have. To prove my point I have friends in the top siege guilds, the main comp for the guild is Witch, Wizard, Striker and Mystics. Zerkers CCs and grabs were why you had them, now Mystic does both better. 

To end this post its simple they won't be here early they have an order and I'm 99% sure it will follow as I listed above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nightingale said:

Think you miss the point of striker and mystic coming too early, the magic DP resists they have will hurt Sorc, Witch, Wiz right out the gate without some balancing to that in the beginning. Most classes don't really have the Skill kits yet to take on Mystic and Striker.  Ninja is probably the most broken currently for bust damage, good friend of my can 1 combo a lot of 580GS players with less than 540GS. If a ninja blows their cool downs they have to disengage and wait for the cool downs.  Zerker is useless come Mystic and Striker, which is sad. Till the release they will be very tough to fight, unless you can burst the heals they have. To prove my point I have friends in the top siege guilds, the main comp for the guild is Witch, Wizard, Striker and Mystics. Zerkers CCs and grabs were why you had them, now Mystic does both better. 

To end this post its simple they won't be here early they have an order and I'm 99% sure it will follow as I listed above.

No, I get your point, I just think it's incorrect. You're focusing on the state of the game after awakening. Monks are completely different at that point.

We have the same balance as PC, supposedly, and monks got a -10 magic dp nerf a few weeks ago. I don't understand your point about ninja cooldown. So if they blow their cooldowns they have to wait? Well, yeah, that's how cooldowns work. Every class has to deal with that.

Zerker is not useless at all. They have way more grabs than other classes. Please explain how a class with less grabs is better at grabbing. Warriors have a grab and doesn't make Zerker useless. Monks are nothing special without awakening.

What heals are you talking about? Striker gets one heal, roaring tiger, and that's it for pre. Spiral, endless explosion, bite-off, monkey-jump are all heals but all in awaken. Yes witchards and monks make up most top siege guilds, but what point does that prove regarding those classes pre-awaken?

I agree, I think they will follow the expected release order. What I disagree with is your assessment as to why it should not be some other way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nightingale said:

Think you miss the point of striker and mystic coming too early, the magic DP resists they have will hurt Sorc, Witch, Wiz right out the gate without some balancing to that in the beginning. Most classes don't really have the Skill kits yet to take on Mystic and Striker.  Ninja is probably the most broken currently for bust damage, good friend of my can 1 combo a lot of 580GS players with less than 540GS. If a ninja blows their cool downs they have to disengage and wait for the cool downs.  Zerker is useless come Mystic and Striker, which is sad. Till the release they will be very tough to fight, unless you can burst the heals they have. To prove my point I have friends in the top siege guilds, the main comp for the guild is Witch, Wizard, Striker and Mystics. Zerkers CCs and grabs were why you had them, now Mystic does both better. 

To end this post its simple they won't be here early they have an order and I'm 99% sure it will follow as I listed above.

Someone with useless information again lol. Talking about 580gs which is nowhere near. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cloudkicker said:

No, I get your point, I just think it's incorrect. You're focusing on the state of the game after awakening. Monks are completely different at that point.

We have the same balance as PC, supposedly, and monks got a -10 magic dp nerf a few weeks ago. I don't understand your point about ninja cooldown. So if they blow their cooldowns they have to wait? Well, yeah, that's how cooldowns work. Every class has to deal with that.

Zerker is not useless at all. They have way more grabs than other classes. Please explain how a class with less grabs is better at grabbing. Warriors have a grab and doesn't make Zerker useless. Monks are nothing special without awakening.

What heals are you talking about? Striker gets one heal, roaring tiger, and that's it for pre. Spiral, endless explosion, bite-off, monkey-jump are all heals but all in awaken. Yes witchards and monks make up most top siege guilds, but what point does that prove regarding those classes pre-awaken?

I agree, I think they will follow the expected release order. What I disagree with is your assessment as to why it should not be some other way.

 

Yes if we get the classes exactly as they are right now, as any magic class against a Striker even more so a Mystic still sucks. Sure they aren't immortal now, but the skill damage without absolutes and wouldn't be able to make it a fair fight. This is saying Mystic and Striker get released pre awakenings across the board. I by no means am saying mystic and strikers pre awakening skills are God Tier but it does handicap the rest of the classes if they drop them now. Striker was the direct response to the extremely OP DK when it came out. 

Ninjas fight one way - the are opportunist fighters. They focus around the stealth, with Crit, Back attack, Down attack and float damage. If they blow those cool downs and cannot successfully kill you they are gone, and will come back fighting when they are all off CD.  Its not like a DK and a Mystic fighting, Mystic just needs to burn a DK's stamina and MP down and that DK is dead. Which is great because Mystics have MP drain on a skill, can Heal absurd amount of HP with out pots, and have a few good skills still with Forward guard not to mention they have great speed for chasing.  Another example is Ranger vs warrior (being a block class gives MOST classes a challenge to fight) all ranger has to do is doge the warriors grab and counter grab the warrior and instant delete him with in 3 skills using down attack damage.  Or just any class have enough AP to break their guard - I think one of the DKs from ManUp broke Lacari's 290 DP warriors guard with 280AP with one skill then the flow one shot him. So that wont be on Xbox for a LONG LONG time. 

Zerkers are great pre Mystic and Striker. Every friend I had on PC that was Zerker left. Pearl Abyss made them obsolete. Sure you see a few NA Streamers like SilverBack still rocking Zerker, but the mass amount NA had left for Mystic. More grabs doesn't mean crap any more, 3 Grabs and you become immune to grabs and each grab becomes harder to land. You cannot perma grab someone like we could 2 years ago with zerkers. Zerkers damage is lack luster, compared to how they use to be. Assuming people are watching old videos. Strikers have more burst and aren't as tanky, but they have better CC potential during Node, and Siege wars. Mystics have tankiness as well as great damage if built right. Between the heals, the 999 DP skill, the ability to go through blocks and forward guards makes her skill set much better than any zerker. Sure a Hybrid or DP zerker pushing 5000 HP is cancer to kill the role that player is doing is to be a distraction for the damage dealers. 

I didn't play striker long, when they released in NA they were absolute garbage so I didn't level him past 50 . Few weeks of buffs finally made them great and never got around to leveling him to 56. As far as skill names I'm not 100% sure, Striker is not the issue for heals Mystic is the one who just wont die. 

That's fine to disagree, I personally don't care what order we get them in as long as Archer doesn't release before all awakenings are out since he starts with his. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

Someone with useless information again lol. Talking about 580gs which is nowhere near. 

How is that useless information? I have videos from my friend stream sniping several top tier players all pushing 560-580GS with a less than softcap ninja. He is really good at ninja and just knows how to PvP. Showing IF you know how to play a class properly, GS shouldn't matter as much. Sure a lot of people are gear score carried and can't pvp to save their life, some actually can. 

Sure for Xbox users 580 is around 1-2 years away depending on how Pearl Abyss tries to push content. If they plan on getting Drieghan out in a year - year and a half then yeah 540/softcap will be the normal if not could be 2 years before the average player base has softcap gear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2019 at 10:00 AM, Alder said:

Hopefully we'll get a roadmap soon that tells us when we can expect some new classes.

Amen! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nightingale said:

How is that useless information? I have videos from my friend stream sniping several top tier players all pushing 560-580GS with a less than softcap ninja. He is really good at ninja and just knows how to PvP. Showing IF you know how to play a class properly, GS shouldn't matter as much. Sure a lot of people are gear score carried and can't pvp to save their life, some actually can. 

Sure for Xbox users 580 is around 1-2 years away depending on how Pearl Abyss tries to push content. If they plan on getting Drieghan out in a year - year and a half then yeah 540/softcap will be the normal if not could be 2 years before the average player base has softcap gear. 

Lol you guys are talking about stuff that so far down the road doesnt even concern anyone on xbox version. Sounds like an argument that would be on pc bdo reddit. Striker, mystic, manup, 580 gs lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Nightingale said:

That's fine to disagree, I personally don't care what order we get them in as long as Archer doesn't release before all awakenings are out since he starts with his. 

Yeah man, I agree with most of what you said and certainly respect your opinion. Definitely true about archer. That really would be unfair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now there is Lahn but no Tamer on Xbox. I like Lahn so far but if I  want to play a tamer have play on my pc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×