Sign in to follow this  
Uberkull

🏹POLL🏹 PC player or New to Game?

PC player or New to Game?  

104 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Are you coming over from PC or a new player to BDX?

• I am a 100+ hour PC player that is going to play both PC BDO and Xbox BDX
    • I am a 100+ hour PC player that is leaving PC and coming over to Xbox BDX
    • Other than open beta BDX, I am new to Black Desert and will be playing BDX for the first time
    • Tried Beta, didn’t like the game, or other factors made me decide NOT to play BDX at launch

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/19 at 07:00 AM

100h?i got 10.000h reword looong time ago:)))))not sure how many i have since after 10k you don't have any rewords but my guess is around 30k hours or more......yes ofcours 95% is afk time!

• Like 1

The point of using a 100 hrs is that kinda defines a player that dabbled in BDO, but wasn’t really hardcore or stayed around on PC.

I understand there are no-lifers on PC BDO that don’t realize other games exist. 😄

73 views and only 17 votes... Does this count non registered account as views? You don't need to comment, just 2 clicks people! 

49 minutes ago, Jacs said:

73 views and only 17 votes... Does this count non registered account as views? You don't need to comment, just 2 clicks people! 

I agree. I think you need to be registered to vote.

The problem I had for months with this forum is when trying to register, the confirmation email was never sent to my inbox. No spam filters, no trash, just never arrived. I finally contacted support and CM_Simon replied in a email saying they manually registered my forum account.

Sp people might actually be interested in joining the forums but can’t.

Or, there are literally only 30 people on this forum. 🤪

Why am I not surprised there's a hassle with registering your account for the forums? There is definitely a core group of people who frequent, well comment on the forums. But with launch so soon after the beta, numbers should stay consistent rather then drop, then another influx at launch. Never been a fan of discord, and the playbdo reddit isn't as active as this one. I get my fill on here. Launch can't come soon enough. 

Edited by Jacs

This poll will be fun but it won't give a accurate number. The forums have a much higher percentage of hardcore/pc players than the actual in game population will be. 

• Like 1

But anyway yeah I played on the pc but I'm switching for a couple reasons.

1. Less bots and hacks on Xbox

2. More exploited should be fixed on Xbox than the pc at launch

3.fresh server in a game like BDO will always be more interesting than a server that's been up for years and is flooded with silver to the point you need billions to buy anything. 

Im switching because my pc lags every so often playing, xbox one x ran smoothe, more knowledge than newbies and maybe i can feel important on new server, never hit softcap probably cause i quit thousand times and always came back, might win more in pvp since i know what im doing....atleast im a honest vet and not going to make the excuse i want to help new players out

• Thanks 1

After further review, I forgot to add a ‘decided NOT to play’ option. Maybe that’s what the views were that didn’t vote? Anyways...updated.

I'm shocked there's more Xbox than PC on the forums. I know it's an Xbox forum, but the beta seemed to be riddled with former PC players. That might just be because I was trying to PvP often and mostly former PC players were geared.

None of the options fit me. I've only played 60 hours on PC which I was only doing to get familiar with how BDX would be or at least how the world worked in general. I chose the second option though, since 60 hours is pretty close to 100.

Hey @Uberkull seen you made a specific answer just for @Deathz Angel

Back to the topic at hand 

4 hours ago, Alder said:

I'm shocked there's more Xbox than PC on the forums. I know it's an Xbox forum, but the beta seemed to be riddled with former PC players. That might just be because I was trying to PvP often and mostly former PC players were geared.

Well at this point its a 5 person split, 21 to 26. You'd see more pc players on beta as that's generally something pc players are prone to do. Heck I'd go as far to say that the majority of console players would think a beta is a college frat and not an early test build. 

Quick edit on my misstype, you'd think incapable of simple math if you seen it.. 

Edited by Jacs
  • Like 1

1) I'm only one of three votes currently - FeelsBadMan- 

2) I think a lot of views are just people wanting to see how the vote is going. 

It's nice to see that a lot of new faces to BDX are getting the game. I figured it would be WAY more PC players coming due to Slower PCs, got boned Enchanting and lost most everything, or got tired of not progressing for months. 

• Sad 1

3.3k hours on PC before my computer decided it didn't want to run anymore. Looking forward to playing on Xbox. 

20 minutes ago, Uberkull said:

Looks like PC players will be everywhere in BDX....

Doesn’t make for a pleasant PvP experience for Xbox players.

Pvp before awakening they will ok....

seem half of bdx player base will be pc players... feel bad man!!!!

I wonder what the reason ?

-they didn't make it on pc and they are trying to feels big on xbox  ?

-they just play anywhere black desert is released?

hmm I wonder!! what you all think?

20 minutes ago, Orisha said:

All the above lol but most vets will say they want to help new players lol. Im here to try to feel BIG aint no shame in my game haha

1 hour ago, Orisha said:

I wouldn't worry about how this poll is worded with it being 100+ hours on PC. I have a friend moving from PC to XB1 because his PC died and its too expensive right now for him to replace with just having a baby so he's coming to xbox since he already has one.  Sure a lot of BDO players are coming to xbox for the nostalgia of pre awakened BDO, Most wont stay active because the real money sink to get established. Me, I know i'm probably putting between $300-$400 day one into it depending on what they release on the pearl shop.

I mean, I can't speak for everyone but with my gear i'm a pretty competitive fight in BDO. Sure a mystic 40-50GS lower than me can still push my crap in if I don't go full DP or hybrid build, but everything else I can pretty much hang with. But I'm going to be playing BDX as my main focus to be 'Boots on the ground" "in the trenches" helping players learn the ropes of BDX. The PC version for me is just a money sim at this point till I land full TET accessories. 

And honestly the idea of seeing if I can do better with my knowledge from the beginning and sticking to ONE class the whole time, how much further I could progress. Not Rolling to like every class at some point, buying stupid crap, knowing what life skills are better, knowing how the markets work, the nodes, and all the grind spots. It's going to be fun, I'm honestly excited to get a guild up and start helping new players in this cool world of BDX.

2 hours ago, Orisha said:

Most transfers in my circle are because were actually xbox players and played on pc because there wasnt an xbox option. The other big one is people want a fresh start with an active population. And the last popular reason, people prefer the comfortability of couch gaming.