Sign in to follow this  
Copes

xbox one S vs X

Currently got the original xbox one and was thinking about upgrading. How much of a difference did everyone find playing the game on an xbox one X compared to an S. 

1 minute ago, Copes said:

Currently got the original xbox one and was thinking about upgrading. How much of a difference did everyone find playing the game on an xbox one X compared to an S. 

It was a night and day difference upgrading from Xbox one to Xbox one X during the beta. 

46 minutes ago, Copes said:

If your able to afford it, do so. Do not think on it, go and pick one up before launch! Having access to frames up to 60 is a pretty big deal. If you've played the beta on the og/s, you'll notice a difference right away. 

I had no frame drops or invisible walls on the onex. I played OG first beta and its was horrible. I believe they did some optimization for S/OG but one x is really worth it. (Especially if u get it for 400$ on black Friday lol)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

I had no frame drops or invisible walls on the onex. I played OG first beta and its was horrible. I believe they did some optimization for S/OG but one x is really worth it. (Especially if u get it for 400$ on black Friday lol)

i think they're around $250 (in the US) now, aren't they? in my country they're still around $500 and i'm very tempted to buy one and pass my xb1 to my kid..

13 minutes ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

A lot of optimization went into places like Heidel to remove the loading walls, and it's still being improved. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, [CM]Shirna said:

A lot of optimization went into places like Heidel to remove the loading walls, and it's still being improved. 

Thanks for confirming!

I will be using the xbox one sometimes for afk etc so its nice to know itll be a more pleasant experience

I didnt play first beta and i was hoping to play bdo on my S.... After first day of beta i bought a new xbox x. Dont ghet me wrong is fine on S to but im used to play on hight frame rate on my pc and i had to change my s witx X. Diffrence is like night and day.......... But on s is playeble to and looks nice to! So if you dont have money for x with s you will be fine! 

5 hours ago, [CM]Shirna said:

Good news. Please optimize more for the one X also

14 hours ago, Copes said:

Get an X. An S is a waste of money at this point. An X will at least hold up a little into next gen. Plus, those extra 30 frames the X gets will be helpful and the general performance boost is good. 

I'll be rocking the original sadly. However, the game didn't run that bad, so I guess I'll manage.

I have an Xbox one X i can tell you it's worth it, higher frame rates , better load times who wouldn't want that get an X you won't regret it

It does look smoother. It wouldn't hurt to upgrade IF you can. I am in the same boat though, I got the original xbox one and while the game felt alright and looked beautiful, it's gonna be better on a newer system.

My 2 cents ..wait.

I have an xbox one s and it plays fine.. the x would be an upgrade but the next gen console is likely to be shown at E3, if it launches in the next 18 months to 2 years your better off waiting and grabbing that to play on.. if it will be longer grab the X

Of course the X is much better. It's like comparing your family sedan vs a race car. Both can take you to point A to point B, but the race car gets you there faster. Don't justify it with a price tag either. You get what you pay for.  😒

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Elder Cog said:

My 2 cents ..wait.

I have an xbox one s and it plays fine.. the x would be an upgrade but the next gen console is likely to be shown at E3, if it launches in the next 18 months to 2 years your better off waiting and grabbing that to play on.. if it will be longer grab the X

18 Months that'd to lonf.. If you can afford it now, doesn't hurt. The trade in value on the exchange for the new console (holiday 2020?) will be pretty good. Sure you'll lose money on it. But it all comes down to money. If it's not breaking bank go ahead. If I was in the OPs shoes and could afford it without an issue, I wouldn't hesitate. 

4 hours ago, Elder Cog said:

My 2 cents ..wait.

Yea wait 18months said no one ever lol

On 2/23/2019 at 12:12 AM, Bnews757 said:

Yea wait 18months said no one ever lol

Except me. 

If you buy the x now and trade in your basicly kissing goodbye to 100 quid for  a few months better grapucs and load Times. Depends if you think the difference is worth that much I guess

X is 50% increased performance over S, and you will suffer playing Black Desert on S instead of X, but better than expected, if you can afford it, go xbox X instead S.

for you to decide, watch this youtube, footage is recorded on S.  

Wow I actually sold my ps4 and got a Xbox one S just to play this game. I needed to prioretize buying an 4k hdr tv so I had to go with the S. Now Im scared to play BDO on My one S. I really hope it doesn't hurt my experience as I was looking for this game to be my main game.

you will be fine.  Personally have a X but friend of mine played with the S and didn't have any problems.  Graphics just weren't as sharp.  Couldn't tell much difference.  But we didn't do node wars / world bosses.   But I wouldn't run out and upgrade just yet if you already have an S

• Like 1

Didn’t see it mentioned but in regards to AFK life skills I know I’ll feel better leaving my One X on while I’m away more the I would have leaving my OG box on. 

My One X runs super quiet and never gets hot...so I think I’ll slwoly get comfortable AFKing it often. 

Hi,

Logically, if the X can load faster, render faster and deliver 60 fps at 1080 P; I wonder how that hardware improvement will scale during PVP?

Marixi

• Sad 1