WeAreLegion

Your Last MMORPG?

Question for everyone while we wait:

- What was your last real MMORPG (by “real” I mean the last one you got into deep and lost yourself in)

- WHEN did you stop playing?

Me? Final Fantasy XI, Gods I lost myself in that game for over four years. ❤️ And that had to been at least 8-10 years back. 

ESO for me,but I’m still currently playing it and I don’t plan to stop.It is a terrific MMO and it’s only getting better with the highly anticipated Elsweyr expansion coming up.But of course BDX will take center stage for me.

The last one I played a lot of was dcuo, that was over a year ago. I tried eso a little after I stopped playing, but eso didn't do it for me. 

35 minutes ago, Alder said:

The last one I played a lot of was dcuo, that was over a year ago. I tried eso a little after I stopped playing, but eso didn't do it for me. 

Yeah. ESO is way not my style. 

8 minutes ago, Hieraphant said:

AC, DaoC, shadowbane, Aion and Archage are probably the only games out of hundreds ive tried that drew me in and kept me going for 12+ months

I started on UO way back in what 96, 97? After that EQ was my online life for years...then FFXI. In between there was a few month of Star Wars Galaxies, some EQ2, and of course maybe a year of WoW. 

Out of them all I’d say (other then UO by its sheer nature of being the 1st for me...and well almost everyone) EQ and FFXI stole my heart the most. 

My most recent was ESO on xbox. Bought the game at launch to play with my brothers. I had managed my expectation, but they were the ones expecting Skyrim. Didn't come back for a year and a half to two years. They made some huge quality of life improvements. Removing vet ranks and adding cp. Had 8 characters at 810 cp, which was max by the time the first BDX beta launched. Havent been able to go back since, totally lost interest. 

Edited by Jacs

BDX has me in hype mode for features that modenrn MMORPGs dropped as “improvements”:

- Penalties on death (aka risk vs. reward”)

- complicated and deep crafting (life skills) systems

- A huge non-instanced and true shared world

- Less hand holding and more self discovery

And that’s just what I have learned through online research. I guess the best way to sum it up is that BDX is giving me EQ, FFXI, and Dragon’s Dogma vibes all at once...and that’s exciting! (And slightly scary)  

Edited by WeAreLegion

LoL BDX definitely has that ole EQ grind system down. Last one for me was FFXIV played that for years (many more before but eh not fond memories except for EQ titles)

15 minutes ago, Dredgious said:

LoL BDX definitely has that ole EQ grind system down. Last one for me was FFXIV played that for years (many more before but eh not fond memories except for EQ titles)

Yeah the EQ vibes are strong in this one, and FFXI. Those are by far my two favorites...and I played a lot of them. 

On 2/23/2019 at 11:08 PM, WeAreLegion said:

Question for everyone while we wait:

- What was your last real MMORPG (by “real” I mean the last one you got into deep and lost yourself in)

- WHEN did you stop playing?

Me? Final Fantasy XI, Gods I lost myself in that game for over four years. ❤️ And that had to been at least 8-10 years back. 

Neverwinter. I played that game heavily for almost 4 years. The PvP combat kept me in. Facing off against new players and team with cool solo queueing options as well as premade vs premade options. I would love to see something like this come to Black Desert. 

https://www.twitch.tv/theguiido/clip/DeafTsundereVanillaBCouch

Edited by The Guiido

LoM 2.. i think about 6 years give or take few months.. 

WoW.. a year or so.

ESO.. ^same.

hoping this black desert is as good as it sounds and maybe stick around for a year at least

It’s so nice to see that there are others who have been out of the online role-playing seen for many years coming back to due to Black Desert. Honestly a big part of it for me is that a true MMO is hitting my Xbox. I stopped PC gaming many years ago, honestly before my last MMO which was Final Fantasy 11, and with a wife and two kids I preferred to game in the center of my home with them around me rather than by myself In a corner. Lol

Aion. Played it solely for the pvp . There was this guild. Benny lava they ran the server and everyone was afraid of them. I however loved fighting them. It was always a challenge and the fights would last forever. Especially against their guild leader Naruto. Its been... man 10-12 years? before that was WoW. First High warlord rogue. fought along side the likes of joho. But no one prolly knows any of these names. 

Blade and Soul currently still playing it and will log in from time to time in the coming months, However BDX will be taking up most of my time.

Played the first guild wars for a while years ago, then eve online, got into eso for a bit on the Xbox but even with new releases it's all a bit samey now, love playing elite dangerous on xbox, really llooking forward to bdx as everything I've looked at looks amazing and deep

When I was younger. Graal Online ive spent more time with than any game ever. Besides my brothers I've never even met anyone that knows what the game was (Im 33) Ended up being a GM, even made a full website dedicated to it. Had my own house in there, almost got a dungeon put in. Man that game was so awesome, sparring (once DSL came out I was untouchable), guild wars, AIM (instant messenger lol) and is actually what taught me how to code and make websites because I was so hooked..

Perfect World International some years back. Was pay 2 win for sure but the guilds and Territory Wars were awesome. 2 years easy. And never minded spending real money.

Order & Chaos 1 on mobile. Could not believe a real mmorpg could be played on a phone. Great fun with awesome people. Played from launch until release of O&C 2, which just didnt do it for me, and my guild seperated so it wasnt as fun anymore

ESO isnt for me, TERA on xbox just has horrible network issues so I dont play much. BDO seems like my next go to. And If I like a game I will absolutely spend real money on it to support..and to have sweet **** lol..$30 here n there for a pack of smokes n some alcohol or $30 on a game I play anytime im not at work or sleep. Here's to BDO!

• Like 1

Started off on Runescape back in the day. I played ESO on Xbox for 3+ years, stopped playing about 6 months ago because I was fed up with the direction PvP was going. A lot of the friends I met through ESO are moving over to BDX on early release and we're starting a guild so it should be a good time! Excited for both the combat style and the depth of life skills, economy, etc.

Since some of us are sharing ages I’m 43, two kids (12 &10) and a wife...I suppose the last decade being off MMOs was a lot to do with the kids and family but...the truth is I just lost the fun. (I lucked out with the wife and kids, was able to play games very often)

EQ, after the Ruins of Kunarak expansion, something switched and it felt like a job not a game. FFXI brought the wonder and joy back, but once I got into the high level stuff which required groups I lost the focus. WoW was great for a bit to, but not even a few years. I actually spent most my WoW experience exploring and sneaking through zones way higher then I should have been in and fishing/gathering. Lol

I’m SO looking forward to BD...and I hope to see some of you there. 😇