WeAreLegion

Question: Variety of Gear?

Has the variety of gear, visually I mean, grown since original launch or is it still a small pool of different weapons and armor sets that you upgrade?

38 minutes ago, WeAreLegion said:

Has the variety of gear, visually I mean, grown since original launch or is it still a small pool of different weapons and armor sets that you upgrade?

while you will see several different sets you only need bother with a few:

Pre Boss gear

Heve - In at lauch for armor

Yuria - Best pvp weapon

Elsh - best accuracy

AP offhand - best for pvp/pve

Accuracy offhand - if you dont feel your skills are hitting as much use this or grinding harder mobs (sorc needs this at launch)

Pre Boss - Mediah

Grunil Armor - DO NOT SELL YOUR HEVE FOR THIS, its for new players joining post Meidah or for boss alts

Pre Boss - Valencia

Rosar main hand becomes BiS for all classes pre boss weapons

Blue Awakening Weapon you get from quest or the cheap vendor one from Altinova

Boss Gear

Giath/Griffon

Tree - is better than red nose

Behgs is overall better than Leburs (Leburs come with Drieghan)

Urugons are much better than Muskans (urugons come with Kamasylve)

Kutum - Best PvE offhand

Nouver - Best PvP offhand

Kzarka - Best main hand for all content

Offin - is good for some classes that dont need the addition accuracy Kzarka gives.

Dandelion - BiS awakening Weapon 

EVERYTHING ELSE ignore for the most part.

For accessories - 

Pre valencia 

Witch earrings

Marks of Shadow rings

Tree belt

Ogre Ring Necklace

-Starter accessories

Calpheon drops a full set better than duo bares, just need to grind for them

- post valenica

Crescent Rings

Basilisk Belt

Ogre/Laytenn/Tungrad Necklace

Tungrad Earrings

-post Kamasylve update

Tungrad belt

Edited by Nightingale
clarity / spelling

@Nightingalethanks for the answer, really. 😇 But I’m not looking for advice on what’s best, just wether there is a large variety of gear. 

We talking 7 types of swords, 4 sets of armor? 8, 12, 24?

Im one of those players that really plays for fun, so I tend to avoid the “you just to this” kinda of guides. No offense, I’m sure you understand. 😉

Yeah i understand but that isn't how BD works im afraid 3 years in, dealing with hidden stats, learning what the hidden stats are, how Damage is dealt, what everything comes down too. The stats on gear as the level up make a huge difference in how you grind and pvp. Im going to be a little firm and warn that even while playing for fun this gear isn't like other MMO gear. That being said, if you come to a realization you aren't performing like you should, come back to this post as I spelled it out what works, and how gear progressing works in BD :D .  Ill be honest i've never counted if it wasnt what i listen it got sold or throw away immediately. Armor sets in the beginning i think 4-5, Main hands - about 6 or 7, offhands about 4 maybe 6. most green accessories are absolute junk and should just be sold. Bares is probably the only one to note thats "decent" for greens. 

In short, no the gear isn't very expansive. everyone uses the same type of build. Full AP (most damage), Hybrid, or Full DP (most survivability) this isn't like ESO where you gotta collect all the sets and legendary weapons like WoW. All the Gear is the same, for every class nothing will make you stand out from 100 "softcap" players the build should look near identical maybe minor AP or Crystal changes.

6 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

@WeAreLegionIf you want to mess around this is what most people use to theory craft with gear. BDO Planner Some stuff will not be in our version right away. 

Thanks. 

I appreciate, and understand, what you are saying but I play for fun to start...do reasesrch and dig in when I need to...and collect EVERYTHING. 

Seriously. I’m a pack rat. 

2 hours ago, Nightingale said:

while you will see several different sets you only need bother with a few:

Pre Boss gear

Heve - In at lauch for armor

Yuria - Best pvp weapon

Elsh - best accuracy

AP offhand - best for pvp/pve

Accuracy offhand - if you dont feel your skills are hitting as much use this or grinding harder mobs (sorc needs this at launch)

Pre Boss - Mediah

Grunil Armor - DO NOT SELL YOUR HEVE FOR THIS, its for new players joining post Meidah or for boss alts

Pre Boss - Valencia

Rosar main hand becomes BiS for all classes pre boss weapons

Blue Awakening Weapon you get from quest or the cheap vendor one from Altinova

Boss Gear

Giath/Griffon

Tree - is better than red nose

Behgs is overall better than Leburs (Leburs come with Drieghan)

Urugons are much better than Muskans (urugons come with Kamasylve)

Kutum - Best PvE offhand

Nouver - Best PvP offhand

Kzarka - Best main hand for all content

Offin - is good for some classes that dont need the addition accuracy Kzarka gives.

Dandelion - BiS awakening Weapon 

EVERYTHING ELSE ignore for the most part.

For accessories - 

Pre valencia 

Witch earrings

Marks of Shadow rings

Tree belt

Ogre Ring Necklace

-Starter accessories

Calpheon drops a full set better than duo bares, just need to grind for them

- post valenica

Crescent Rings

Basilisk Belt

Ogre/Laytenn/Tungrad Necklace

Tungrad Earrings

-post Kamasylve update

Tungrad belt

Not that I would sell my enhanced Heve set but once Grunil is released is it better to start going after that instead of Heve?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foreverrgamer87 said:

Not that I would sell my enhanced Heve set but once Grunil is released is it better to start going after that instead of Heve?

keep two of your highest upgraded heve pieces and add 2 grunil.

1 hour ago, guest said:

Why not full 4 piece?

11 minutes ago, Death said:

Why not full 4 piece?

maybe because of a certain effect once you equip 2 pieces of the same set.. and probably 2 sets of 2 pieces would compliment each other..

Edited by maXmood

7 hours ago, Foreverrgamer87 said:

No, if you have have full set of +15 heve the "bonus" AP grunil gives is only temporary and the overall evasion stats are better. Plus as heve breaks down as you gain boss pieces its not like as soon as you replace 1 grunil you lose the set bonus.

But like i said before sure get a set of grunil for a boss alt. its a good set once it comes out.

Since we will Probably get the new version of Grunil a full set of four pieces in viable when transitioning over to boss gear.Grunil will be BIS pre boss gear than Heve because you get 7 AP and 150 HP verses 300 HP for Heve.My plan is to save my Heve for leveling altss and using Grunil for pre boss BIS.

Also It wasn’t mentioned but there’s the Asula accessory set that comes with Mediah.The set is a good stepping stone before you get your gold accessories.

5 hours ago, guest said:

Thats a bad idea. The goal is to get Boss gear which WILL be out by Mediah. You dont need that bonus AP, plus you would probably be picking boots and gloves, or chest and gloves for Grunil because you are wanting to keep the Heve helm and probably boots. Bhegs gloves is the first piece you want to focus, and soon as you break your Grunil the AP is gone.  

Also for new players a lot of PC guys are using PEN: Heve Helms over Giath/Griffon. I personally still like my Giath over all but to each his own. 

3 minutes ago, Foreverrgamer87 said:

Since we will Probably get the new version of Grunil a full set of four pieces in viable when transitioning over to boss gear.Grunil will be BIS pre boss gear than Heve because you get 7 AP and 150 HP verses 300 HP for Heve.My plan is to save my Heve for leveling altss and using Grunil for pre boss BIS.

Also It wasn’t mentioned but there’s the Asula accessory set that comes with Mediah.The set is a good stepping stone before you get your gold accessories.

Asula is a trap - great for boss alts bad for mains. you get no silver value back for upgrading. At least with Blue coral earrings, Witch Earrings, Mark of shadow you get some silver back as you make Yellow accessories. 

8 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

Asula is a trap - great for boss alts bad for mains. you get no silver value back for upgrading. At least with Blue coral earrings, Witch Earrings, Mark of shadow you get some silver back as you make Yellow accessories. 

All the guides I’ve read is don’t upgrade it PERIOD.But me being new to BDO will will take a Vetern players opinion more into account though.Thanks for the help Night!

13 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

Asula is a trap - great for boss alts bad for mains.

excuse the noobness, what's boss alts?

3 minutes ago, maXmood said:

excuse the noobness, what's boss alts?

Boss alts are alts you level and place at a world boss spawn then log into them right before it spawns so u can get some loot

1 minute ago, Hieraphant said:

Boss alts are alts you level and place at a world boss spawn then log into them right before it spawns so u can get some loot

ok, i'm trying to make sense out of this.. please bear with me.. 

since you already have a main, and mainly focusing on that main to get to higher lvls, grinding, etc, why would you not use this character for a world boss? or is it like you need multiple high lvl characters, so when you're on one character grinding, you switch to alts at a world boss, finish off, go back to ur main?

8 minutes ago, maXmood said:

ok, i'm trying to make sense out of this.. please bear with me.. 

since you already have a main, and mainly focusing on that main to get to higher lvls, grinding, etc, why would you not use this character for a world boss? or is it like you need multiple high lvl characters, so when you're on one character grinding, you switch to alts at a world boss, finish off, go back to ur main?

Since there’s not any kind of teleporting or fast travel system in the game the only way is to park a alt there so when the boss spawns you can easily switch characters.

5 minutes ago, Foreverrgamer87 said:

Since there’s not any kind of teleporting or fast travel system in the game the only way is to park a alt there so when the boss spawns you can easily switch characters.

that's what i thought.. will i need couple of alts for different areas/different bosses? what's the minimum number of alts i will need in general?

Just now, maXmood said:

that's what i thought.. will i need couple of alts for different areas/different bosses? what's the minimum number of alts i will need in general?

Alts are more important in this game than any other.Besides using them for boss alts,you need them for energy pools,failstacks mainly.The more alts you have the better

18 minutes ago, Foreverrgamer87 said:

Alts are more important in this game than any other.Besides using them for boss alts,you need them for energy pools,failstacks mainly.The more alts you have the better

aaahh.. and i thought i'll just have a warrior and later a wizard for different play style.. >.<

i think i'll have to do all characters then :p

23 minutes ago, maXmood said:

aaahh.. and i thought i'll just have a warrior and later a wizard for different play style.. >.<

i think i'll have to do all characters then 😛

The only downside to that is if you fill your character slots up at launch,when a new class comes out you have to pay for extra slots.Also if you’re not interested in enhancing your own gear,using alts for failstacks isn’t all that important 

Edited by Foreverrgamer87

1 minute ago, Foreverrgamer87 said:

The only downside to that is if you fill your character slots up at launch,when a new class comes out you have to play for extra slots

hmmm.. how many slots do we get? if it's 6, i'll probably do 4 then and keep 2 free.. i mean, i'll keep at least 2 free just in case.. 

3 minutes ago, maXmood said:

hmmm.. how many slots do we get? if it's 6, i'll probably do 4 then and keep 2 free.. i mean, i'll keep at least 2 free just in case.. 

Yea it’s 6,I’m going to do same.Because Dark Knight and Lahn will come soon after launch and they’re both classes I wanna main.