Sign in to follow this  
CubicVariable42

When they show mystic and striker in trailers and gameplay but only 6 classes at launch?

on the bright side:

Reaching gear cap would be a piece of cake.

No renown system.

No CC nerf. (berserk actually viable)

Smaller map, less time traveling.

lets try to be optimistic..

peekingkappa.jpg.c7694d1ac464d431b47f79f8fbba3f54.jpg

Edited by Dr INF3NRO
  • Like 2

I cant be optimistic ... there is no class I want to play. lol 
why they show us gameplay vids with classes we will not get at release? 
And when will they come? Only 6 classes is 2? class less than the PC launch? 
I really dunno, cause I did not play the PC version.

7 hours ago, Bex said:

PC launch was Calpheon, Balenos and Serendia, +15 Max. Lvl 50 as soft cap and 55 as heavy grinder cap. Then Mediah and pirates 2ish months later, still +15 Max. Lvl 57 soft cap and possible to go towards 60. Then Valencia part one 4-5 months after launch which brought pri and upwards. 

+13/14/15 is nothing like TET. Sure, there are the odd 30+ stacks, but anyone who gets those are lucky as they are very cheap stacks to use for TRI attempts later.

The main thing though is that noone really wants all regions and pri+ at launch. You only think you do. With a staged launch you actually get to play the game, PvP etc from the start as others are similar level and gear. If they threw it all out there the most hardcore players would be invincible to the 95% of the playerbase within 3 days and stay invincible forever.

Tet gives 5 fails a piece, most people start at 50. Most people get it before 100. Thats within ten fails.. its alot easier imo to succeed on to me. More expensive of course, But if were talking straight RNG theres no break in at 13.. Its not an odd 30+ stack either its constant lol. I hardly ever go through from 20-35 on a green +14. 

The rest was very informative. But I still disagree. Not all regions but mediah and valencia are most certainty needed. If your not someone who wants to do things like explore and do random pve quests that are basically go kill mobs. Grinding mobs and areas for alot of people is just a means to an end and theres just not enough means with such a vanilla release. Seems i came in at the perfect time on PC for me lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bex said:

PC launch was Calpheon, Balenos and Serendia, +15 Max. Lvl 50 as soft cap and 55 as heavy grinder cap. Then Mediah and pirates 2ish months later, still +15 Max. Lvl 57 soft cap and possible to go towards 60. Then Valencia part one 4-5 months after launch which brought pri and upwards. 

+13/14/15 is nothing like TET. Sure, there are the odd 30+ stacks, but anyone who gets those are lucky as they are very cheap stacks to use for TRI attempts later.

The main thing though is that noone really wants all regions and pri+ at launch. You only think you do. With a staged launch you actually get to play the game, PvP etc from the start as others are similar level and gear. If they threw it all out there the most hardcore players would be invincible to the 95% of the playerbase within 3 days and stay invincible forever.

Tet gives 5 fails a piece, most people start at 50. Most people get it before 100. Thats within ten fails.. its alot easier imo to succeed on to me. More expensive of course, But if were talking straight RNG theres no break in at 13.. Its not an odd 30+ stack either its constant lol. I hardly ever go through from 20-35 on a green +14. 

The rest was very informative. But I still disagree. Not all regions but mediah and valencia are most certainty needed. If your not someone who wants to do things like explore and do random pve quests that are basically go kill mobs. Grinding mobs and areas for alot of people is just a means to an end and theres just not enough means with such a vanilla release. Seems i came in at the perfect time on PC for me lol

This is not directed at any particular post....

While I'm not sure if I'll even play this game, I'm already getting annoyed at the pc players complaining because "its not the same as what was on pc"(whiny voice). If you feel it needs to be like the pc version, gtfo of our game and go play on pc, we don't want a pc version so please stop asking for it. I don't even want to know what content is removed or what is different. One of the reasons I'm not playing it on pc is because I don't want to know how different it is. It's kinda like reading the Lord of the Rings book and then b****ing cuz the movie is different. If you want the pc version and content, go play on pc. Otherwise, I suggest stop whining cuz it's not the same game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jammer480 said:

While I'm not sure if I'll even play this game, I'm already getting annoyed at the pc players complaining because "its not the same as what was on pc"(whiny voice). If you feel it needs to be like the pc version, gtfo of our game and go play on pc, we don't want a pc version so please stop asking for it. I don't even want to know what content is removed or what is different. One of the reasons I'm not playing it on pc is because I don't want to know how different it is. It's kinda like reading the Lord of the Rings book and then b****ing cuz the movie is different. If you want the pc version and content, go play on pc. Otherwise, I suggest stop whining cuz it's not the same game.

Fair point about whining. People will still forever compare to PC though, because BDO is at its core a heavy grinder game which requires a lot of time. With some planning you can get where you want a lot faster than by just taking it as it comes. Fail stacks as a perfect example. People who spend their 30+ or even 50+ stacks to get a +15 weapon, are setting themselves back severely compared to starting new stacks and trying again.

Don't get me wrong, you can play the game without any knowledge if you want. But BDO is very different from mainstream western MMOs in that you can't compete long term if you don't commit some serious time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jammer480 said:

*claps slowly*

ill be honest im not that bothered with starting vanilla. if anything its a good thing. plenty of time to prepare gear, life skill, and making tons of alts. TONS.

9 minutes ago, Bex said:

Fail stacks as a perfect example. People who spend their 30+ or even 50+ stacks to get a +15 weapon, are setting themselves back severely compared to starting new stacks and trying again.

Thats why you make alts... if you got 8+ alts with 50+ stacks than its ok to use 1 of those to make a +15 item..

but lets be real, +15 is NOTHING compared to TET/PEN and can be done in no time.

i mean, if you get 50 fs trying +15 than you should just delete BDO cause rngesus really dislikes you.

Edited by Dr INF3NRO
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Bex said:

Fair point about whining. People will still forever compare to PC though, because BDO is at its core a heavy grinder game which requires a lot of time. With some planning you can get where you want a lot faster than by just taking it as it comes. Fail stacks as a perfect example. People who spend their 30+ or even 50+ stacks to get a +15 weapon, are setting themselves back severely compared to starting new stacks and trying again.

Don't get me wrong, you can play the game without any knowledge if you want. But BDO is very different from mainstream western MMOs in that you can't compete long term if you don't commit some serious time.

Oh no, don't misunderstand. I do want to know about general game mechanics, but content changes regarding maps, classes, etc I feel is irrelevant. PC players demanding / expecting they get the "same game" as what is currently on pc is what I'm referring to.

The other thing is people expecting to get what they see in the demos. Here's a news flash...you never get everything you see in demos so please don't expect it. All games do that now, it's not just a PA problem. 

Also, long term commitment is also necessary in ESO, lots of cp and gear grinding, just maybe not to the same extent. 

Edited by Jammer480
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Bex said:

Cant remember the last time i saw someone go over 20 trying to make a boss piece go through... eould be very hillarious. Can remember 50 times this week ive watched somone or myself make 30+ stacks off a 14 tho. 

22 hours ago, Jammer480 said:

Same game, your missing out on a lot of learning. Only difference is itll takes you 6 months to a year to get the full thing. Also, you just rolling over and accepting a bare bones games means youll be behind even further with content because instead of the new content you get the old, already created stuff. 

Also, takes about a week or 50 hours to get max level and cp in eso these days... its nothing even simular to the grind in bdo. Gear wise you can get 15 sets to max level in the time YOU MIGHT get one piece in bdo. 

Ive never been apart of a single beta or alpha that didnt either have the content shown in trailers or a roadmap / release date stating when they would. And i actually work part time as a game tester for supplemental income. So this is the first time for me.

21 hours ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

*claps slowly*

ill be honest im not that bothered with starting vanilla. if anything its a good thing. plenty of time to prepare gear, life skill, and making tons of alts. TONS.

Thats why you make alts... if you got 8+ alts with 50+ stacks than its ok to use 1 of those to make a +15 item..

but lets be real, +15 is NOTHING compared to TET/PEN and can be done in no time.

i mean, if you get 50 fs trying +15 than you should just delete BDO cause rngesus really dislikes you.

Id never touch a +14 with the intent on it succeeding with anything over 20. Id never touch a 50 stack on anything but tets and tri gold accesories either. I almost cried when i saw you post that...  

btw- my +14 urgons made 256 fails starting at 15 and ending at 21 before going through... giath was around 100 fails same start and end stacks. Every single one of my tets were less then 20 fails. So i guess difficulty is RNG just like success then huh (;

35 minutes ago, MakeumRage said:

Same game, your missing out on a lot of learning. Only difference is itll takes you 6 months to a year to get the full thing. Also, you just rolling over and accepting a bare bones games means youll be behind even further with content because instead of the new content you get the old, already created stuff

Also, takes about a week or 50 hours to get max level and cp in eso these days... its nothing even simular to the grind in bdo. Gear wise you can get 15 sets to max level in the time YOU MIGHT get one piece in bdo. 

50 hours to get 750 cp??? LMFAO!! 100% not true, omfg. If you just bought the game, it will be a minimum of 300hrs. I have over 2000 hrs and have not hit 800cp but I'm not an ultra fast grinder.. One of my best friends in ESO has over 1000hrs and just passed 600...and he is a grinder. Sorry, your statement is just not true. I doubt you even knew what the max cp was...or know that they nerfed the grind spots like Skyreach. It can take 50hrs to get single piece of gear to complete a set. I would bet a rather large amount of money that you cannot get a character to max cp with all gold set armor and weapons in less than 300 hrs without being carried and given everything from a guild.

So just for some math...If you could get 1 cp every 10 minutes that 7500 minutes which is 125hrs. It is not possible to get 1 champion point every 10 mintues. If you're running 100% xp boost, you might get 1cp every 20 minutes IF you're being carried by someone who is geared up. If you're running solo, you average 1 cp every 45 minutes.

And 100% yes, I'm absolutely fine with a vanilla game, especially if that pushes more pc players away...the more vanilla the better.

Edited by Jammer480
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

50 hours to get 750 cp??? LMFAO!! 100% not true. If you just bought the game, it will be a minimum of 300hrs. I have over 2000 hrs and have not hit 800cp but I'm not an ultra fast grinder.. One of my best friends in ESO has over 1000hrs and just passed 600...and he is a grinder. Sorry, your statement is just not true. I doubt you even knew what the max cp was...or know that they nerfed the grind spots like Skyreach. I would bet a rather large amount of money that you cannot get a character to max cp with all gold set armor and weapons in less than 300 hrs without being carried and given everything from a guild.

And 100% yes, I'm absolutely fine with a vanilla game, especially if that pushes more pc players away...the more vanilla the better.

your seriously under estimating how fast people can grind, i know people that have capped out in a week, btw i have like 970 cp.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, goat said:

your seriously under estimating how fast people can grind, i know people that have capped out in a week, btw i have like 970 cp.

Nope, I do not underestimate. I've been playing since it was on pc. It is 100% impossible for a new player to cap out in a week without being carried. Just do the math. 

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/385884/how-long-does-it-takes-to-reach-cp-cap

Edited by Jammer480

6 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

Nope, I do not underestimate. I've been playing since it was on pc. It is 100% impossible for a new player to cap out in a week without being carried. Just do the math. 

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/385884/how-long-does-it-takes-to-reach-cp-cap

you never said without being carried, all you said was it would be impossible, even then you would just need to get carried to 160, if you have a dedicated build for skyreach you can clear it in about 3min, if your doing it on a event, and your in a group of 2, and married, and have the 150% pot going, and eso+, full purp training, and any other bull im missing you can do it in less than a week

25 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

50 hours to get 750 cp??? LMFAO!! 100% not true, omfg. If you just bought the game, it will be a minimum of 300hrs. I have over 2000 hrs and have not hit 800cp but I'm not an ultra fast grinder.. One of my best friends in ESO has over 1000hrs and just passed 600...and he is a grinder. Sorry, your statement is just not true. I doubt you even knew what the max cp was...or know that they nerfed the grind spots like Skyreach. It can take 50hrs to get single piece of gear to complete a set. I would bet a rather large amount of money that you cannot get a character to max cp with all gold set armor and weapons in less than 300 hrs without being carried and given everything from a guild.

So just for some math...If you could get 1 cp every 10 minutes that 7500 minutes which is 125hrs. It is not possible to get 1 champion point every 10 mintues. If you're running 100% xp boost, you might get 1cp every 20 minutes IF you're being carried by someone who is geared up. If you're running solo, you average 1 cp every 45 minutes.

You should tell the four streamers and my two friends who switched to PC and all have done it in a week or two.. lol. Now as a new player you couldnt, but a player who knows enough starting again or on new system yes. EZ. The ambrosia and catch up mechanics are insane. 

17 minutes ago, goat said:

its crazy being maxxed out for a year or more and not even playing lol.

1 minute ago, goat said:

you never said without being carried, all you said was it would be impossible, even then you would just need to get carried to 160, if you have a dedicated build for skyreach you can clear it in about 3min, if your doing it on a event, and your in a group of 2, and married, and have the 150% pot going, and eso+, full purp training, and any other bull im missing you can do it in less than a week

These guys do it duo with one geared carry and full ambrosia and mara buffs.. EZ carry. Doesnt even need the event either if your in one of the two new places.. RIP skyreach. 

1 minute ago, goat said:

Maybe read my post that you quoted? I specifically said "without being carried or given everything from a guild". And I was responding to @MakeumRage who specifically said max lvl and cp.

6 minutes ago, MakeumRage said:

You should tell the four streamers and my two friends who switched to PC and all have done it in a week or two.. lol. Now as a new player you couldnt, but a player who knows enough starting again or on new system yes. EZ. The ambrosia and catch up mechanics are insane. 

On pc? Sure, lots of people hack the game on pc. That's why I don't play on pc. And which streamers? I'd like to see the video cuz I'm calling bs.

Edited by Jammer480

9 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

Maybe read my post that you quoted? I specifically said "without being carried or given everything from a guild". And I was responding to @MakeumRage who specifically said max lvl and cp.

you edited what you said after i quoted it, lol

anyways, all this is kinda off topic, so I'm done with posting

Edited by goat
added stuff
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, goat said:

you edited what you said after i quoted it, lol

It wouldn't have showed up in your post if it was after. 

Edited by Jammer480
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, MakeumRage said:

That's just it, this conversation is about new players in a new game on a new system. It's not about new players joining players who already have 1000hrs exp. So yes, I do want to know some about game mechanics prior to joining, no I do not want to know what content is "missing" compared to the pc, and yes I'm fine if the game is "vanilla" when compared to the pc. For new players, the less content the better if for no other reason than to discourage hardcore pc players from switching over. And ftr, vanilla ice cream is still the best!😋

Edited by Jammer480

24 minutes ago, goat said:

you realize i can basically change anything thats written in the qoutes and make it seem like you actually said it.. this is a very dangerous tool :D

5 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

I think ESO is lame.

Edited by Dr INF3NRO
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

But I cannot go back into your post where you quoted me and change it. After you quote me, it's locked in that post unless you change it.

In this case, he said I changed it after he quoted me but it was still showing in his post. I could not have changed my quote within his post. He could have tried to make me look bad and deleted the words from his post. 😄

Edited by Jammer480

15 minutes ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

just pointing out.. this should be the main topic :D

See what I did there??😂

• Like 1