The Guiido

Differences in Movement and how it affects all classes

So an issue that became super apparent in the betas on Xbox is that we won't have the ability to be able to perform click to move, and that basically means for anyone who doesn't know, a lot of moves on classes get gimped in a lot of ways unless in certain situations where the target can be hit directly right in front of you.

While I agree over all this is balanced in terms of every class will have to deal with this, I do not agree with it being healthy at all as it can lead to balance that is NOT needed that could of simply been fixed with thIs change for example. It could negatively change the course of history that I don't think a lot of people realize.

How so?

Because if people complain about a move doing no damage when they couldn't even get the full potential of the move in the first place due to not being able to move freely, it will be absurdly powerful which could later lead to class destruction with the constant back and forth nerfs. It could all just be fixed from the start.

Or lead down a path of many moves simply not being used on purpose as they put the class in a lot of danger or in a spot where they find it useless.

Most of all, not being able to fully maximize class performance and skill.

My point?

Is their any plans for us to be able to do something similar so many of the beloved moves stay and become viable?

For example of what I mean Berserkers Giant Leap will not be able to be turned around and then straight again for maximum damage. Therefore, not getting the full damage on Xbox. This is not just Berserker though. it affects every class in the game.

https://www.twitch.tv/yofamsteve/clip/SincereDeadOkapiRuleFive?filter=clips&range=all&sort=time

Possible Solution: Let us move in the direction we are aiming in with our LS (Left Stick). Up, Down, Side Left, Side Right. But to keep every classes Back Pedal block, make it so you have to click the Left Stick BY PRESSING IT IN so it can toggle click to move in any direction. This makes it so every class keeps the Back Pedal block while being able to transition where they please in combat so every class can feel more fluent and moveable and have the ability to turn it off and on with ease.

If you guys have any feedback, let me know below comment with any suggestions to helping this problem.

Edited by The Guiido
  • Like 7

Just FYI I've already raised this question in Suggestions to no response whatsoever. : 

I have also asked about this in Q&A:

Getting the followin answer from Shirna:

image.png.24604a69a737a30f8fc0c15f7fb811d1.png

... In other words unless this has already been somehow addressed in background by PA without feedback to Community Manager, then we will get stuck using certain skills and some classes will be simply laughed at when using them.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Grammaticus said:

Just FYI I've already raised this question in Suggestions to no response whatsoever. : 

I have also asked about this in Q&A:

Getting the followin answer from Shirna:

image.png.24604a69a737a30f8fc0c15f7fb811d1.png

... In other words unless this has already been somehow addressed in background by PA without feedback to Community Manager, then we will get stuck using certain skills and some classes will be simply laughed at when using them.

Thank you for that. Your last sentence sums it up. Laughed at while using them. I hope it gets addressed. It should be talked about a lot more within the community. It really, truly, gimps all classes. Especially ones that heavily rely on evasive maneuvers and movement for full maximization. 

It is also worth mentioning it changes the meta tremendously. For example. If not changed I can see a lot more Berserkers rolling for more AP than anything as compensation. 

19 minutes ago, The Guiido said:

Thank you for that. Your last sentence sums it up. Laughed at while using them. I hope it gets addressed. It should be talked about a lot more within the community. It really, truly, gimps all classes. Especially ones that heavily rely on evasive maneuvers and movement for full maximization. 

It is also worth mentioning it changes the meta tremendously. For example. If not changed I can see a lot more Berserkers rolling for more AP than anything as compensation. 

I think people just don't complain yet cause they are not even aware this problem exists. Hopefully that'll change, or will be addressed before it even becomes an issue.

13 minutes ago, Grammaticus said:

I think people just don't complain yet cause they are not even aware this problem exists. Hopefully that'll change, or will be addressed before it even becomes an issue.

ppl don't complain and won't complain if they aren't coming from PC.. we only know this exist because of PC players. if they've ported the game to the console, i'm sure they made sure the characters are playable. maybe not the same extent of the PC, but that's the case with most games that got ported or have 2 versions.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, maXmood said:

ppl don't complain and won't complain if they aren't coming from PC.. we only know this exist because of PC players. if they've ported the game to the console, i'm sure they made sure the characters are playable. maybe not the same extent of the PC, but that's the case with most games that got ported or have 2 versions.  

Objectively you will find it highly undesireable to be locked in animation facing one direction without any chance to do anything for what feels like an eternity. That's just bad character design and even absolute beginner will find that odd i have no doubt. You can literally casually stroll around Wizard casting Bolide of Destruction and back stab him to death before he's finished casting.

So one of two things will happen:
- People will complain and this will get fixed.
- People will not use certain skills in PVP making certain classes much worse overall.

My hope is that they have forseen this, but i was unable to test this ingame. Majority of pre-awakening skills are turnable since 2016 as the GMs had to fix this and since then you can move them around just by looking. This is however NOT the case with Awakening skills that we do not yet have (talking from Wizards perspective, maybe some Berserkers out there will find out earlier if their skills are turnable or not).

There is a way I think. In many console games you can turn camera around 180° just by clicking one button. If I remember correctly pressing LS enables auto-run, replace it with 180° turn-around and it would help a lot. And the auto-run option - we don't need quick access to it, we can easily set it from ring menu or even "Start" menu.

36 minutes ago, maXmood said:

Exactly this isnt a big deal unless your a pc player which you should play pc if you desire it

30 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

Exactly this isnt a big deal unless your a pc player which you should play pc if you desire it

It's very alarming you should even think that way. The skills are designed to be turned around during cast, that's intended functionality, not some PC Player Priviledge.

On PC there was turning via Mouse Clicking, there is no such option in BD. This means that classes that were Created around an idea of being able to "hold ground" during certains casts (which take AGES to cast) will instead be frozen in animation and unable to do anything.

In PVP that means that instead of having to run away from Wizard that's casting Bolide for example, or Blocking it, you can just.. Walk around and hit his back for Massive Extra Back Damage. Berserks for example have healing skill which also locks you in place. If you are not able to turn around, anyone can just walk around and hit your back for that much extra Back Damage, that any healing Berserker will be able to do will be lower than the damage you'll be inflicting. This in effect means that entire healing skill of Berserk will be useless in PVP.

It's really a case for concern, i don't see why we should excuse or down-play this.

• Like 1

But again, only pc players are aware of this. On console people will adapt to what is available to them or the devs will find a way to fix it. either way everyone fresh to console is on the same ground and only pc players will have a concern based on prior experience. Im aware this will effect some classes more then others, im dealing with figuring out how to properly work animation cancels for a sorc. Yeah its easier for pc, but console players will find a way.

41 minutes ago, Grammaticus said:

Objectively you will find it highly undesireable to be locked in animation facing one direction without any chance to do anything for what feels like an eternity. That's just bad character design and even absolute beginner will find that odd i have no doubt. You can literally casually stroll around Wizard casting Bolide of Destruction and back stab him to death before he's finished casting.

So one of two things will happen:
- People will complain and this will get fixed.
- People will not use certain skills in PVP making certain classes much worse overall.

My hope is that they have forseen this, but i was unable to test this ingame. Majority of pre-awakening skills are turnable since 2016 as the GMs had to fix this and since then you can move them around just by looking. This is however NOT the case with Awakening skills that we do not yet have (talking from Wizards perspective, maybe some Berserkers out there will find out earlier if their skills are turnable or not).

if it's something that hinders the play-ability of all the characters, i assume the majority of players will ask for adjustments/enhancements. any improvement is actually welcome. but if it's going to turn wizards (for example) into the best class on console, i don't think that's fair. because we all know there are limitations with a controller.. 

but hey, unfairness for all, is a fair judgement. 

10 minutes ago, Grammaticus said:

It's very alarming you should even think that way. The skills are designed to be turned around during cast, that's intended functionality, not some PC Player Priviledge.

On PC there was turning via Mouse Clicking, there is no such option in BD. This means that classes that were Created around an idea of being able to "hold ground" during certains casts (which take AGES to cast) will instead be frozen in animation and unable to do anything.

In PVP that means that instead of having to run away from Wizard that's casting Bolide for example, or Blocking it, you can just.. Walk around and hit his back for Massive Extra Back Damage. Berserks for example have healing skill which also locks you in place. If you are not able to turn around, anyone can just walk around and hit your back for that much extra Back Damage, that any healing Berserker will be able to do will be lower than the damage you'll be inflicting. This in effect means that entire healing skill of Berserk will be useless in PVP.

It's really a case for concern, i don't see why we should excuse or down-play this.

Its not that big of a deal everyone will adapt. Im sure they know what they are during. If I remember correctly my wiz could cast blizzard and turn the skill in either direction. Its annoying every now and then you hear "pc has this why doesn't xbox?" Somethings just wont make and we will adjust, if its a major concern they see fit im sure they will fix it.

1 hour ago, Apo said:

There is a way I think. In many console games you can turn camera around 180° just by clicking one button. If I remember correctly pressing LS enables auto-run, replace it with 180° turn-around and it would help a lot. And the auto-run option - we don't need quick access to it, we can easily set it from ring menu or even "Start" menu.

They had this option and due to mass amounts of hate. (not sure if you played the first beta) Was removed as it was extremely useless and annoying. Solution to that would be auto run to RS so my solution could be enacted and if need be could be changed in settings.

2 hours ago, maXmood said:

Did you even play either of the betas??

1 hour ago, Bnews757 said:

Absolutely not. It's not just for PC players, it's for players who have done research into how to fully maximize a classes output and knowing that they can't do that on xbox. Everytime I hit Lava Piercer my character takes 1000 years to turn around which is horrible in combat.

2 minutes ago, The Guiido said:

They had this option and due to mass amounts of hate. (not sure if you played the first beta) Was removed as it was extremely useless and annoying. Solution to that would be auto run to RS so my solution could be enacted and if need be could be changed in settings.

Did you even play either of the betas??

i played warrior on 2nd beta.. reached lvl 22, didn't feel awkward.. 

1 minute ago, The Guiido said:

Absolutely not. It's not just for PC players, it's for players who have done research into how to fully maximize a classes output and knowing that they can't do that on xbox. Everytime I hit Lava Piercer my character takes 1000 years to turn around which is horrible in combat.

are you coming from PC? maybe that's why your Lava Piercer feels horrible, because you're comparing what you had to what you've currently got.

56 minutes ago, Hieraphant said:

But again, only pc players are aware of this. On console people will adapt to what is available to them or the devs will find a way to fix it. either way everyone fresh to console is on the same ground and only pc players will have a concern based on prior experience. Im aware this will effect some classes more then others, im dealing with figuring out how to properly work animation cancels for a sorc. Yeah its easier for pc, but console players will find a way.

You see but thats where things get very scary. Like I put in my original posts the meta could completely shift simply based off of this 1 negligent change. You can do animation cancels with classes yes, but the survivability and output of all classes diminishes tremendously as seen in the beta which is not how the game is meant to be played by any means. This could honestly make the difference in skill gaps if people cannot perform certain actions on classes.

Proof during the beta: People were so easy to calculate and time down. The same can't be said if they had the ability to turn certain directions and had the chance to juke me out or perform certain moves. Over time this could not get better with animation cancelling only a band aid to the problem.

59 minutes ago, maXmood said:

if it's something that hinders the play-ability of all the characters, i assume the majority of players will ask for adjustments/enhancements. any improvement is actually welcome. but if it's going to turn wizards (for example) into the best class on console, i don't think that's fair. because we all know there are limitations with a controller.. 

but hey, unfairness for all, is a fair judgement. 

Many players during the beta talked about it a lot in voice coms. It was a huge concern from a lot of us early on. It has nothing to do nor would this change make Wizards and Witches OP.

5 minutes ago, The Guiido said:

it's for players who have done research into how to fully maximize a classes output 

i wouldn't call it stupid, but ppl researching how to fully maximize a class's full potential by basing their grounds on watching and reading PC stuff is really .... umm, dunno what to call that.. 

too different platforms, it doesn't work that way.. 

6 minutes ago, maXmood said:

i played warrior on 2nd beta.. reached lvl 22, didn't feel awkward.. 

are you coming from PC? maybe that's why your Lava Piercer feels horrible, because you're comparing what you had to what you've currently got.

Level 22?? You didn't even experience the NW? 2v2 Tourney? PvP????? Heidel? Velia Arenas? What kind of experience would you have as a level 22 in terms of any grasp of what i'm talking about? Yes maybe a little with some sensitivity differences and the obvious no click to move, but you never were in serious action pvp, no offense but thats not really helping your insightfulness into the issue very much at all.

Past how it was on PC, it feels horrible. Your character has to turn ALL the way around which is wasteful time in combat that could be fixed with this tiny change.

Many players during the beta talked about it a lot in voice coms. It was a huge concern from a lot of us early on. It has nothing to do nor would this change make Wizards and Witches OP.

i still believe the many players you're talking about are PC players that felt deprived of this feature.. 

i'm not against any idea of enhancement, and you say it won't make any class better than the other, but because of the controller limitation, it's going to be easy to perform certain moves for certain characters (due to their characteristics and animations) while it's going to be hard for others.. 

4 minutes ago, maXmood said:

i wouldn't call it stupid, but ppl researching how to fully maximize a class's full potential by basing their grounds on watching and reading PC stuff is really .... umm, dunno what to call that.. 

too different platforms, it doesn't work that way.. 

Which is why you work on solutions to make it play as good as possible when moving to a different platform. What we are asking for isn't rocket science.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maXmood said:

i still believe the many players you're talking about are PC players that felt deprived of this feature.. 

i'm not against any idea of enhancement, and you say it won't make any class better than the other, but because of the controller limitation, it's going to be easy to perform certain moves for certain characters (due to their characteristics and animations) while it's going to be hard for others.. 

It's not just PC players who have moved over. Many of the newer players are asking why they can't turn as fast and wonder why it feels so clunky. Then they look up PC and realize the difference. It's extremely easy to spot the issue. They can do something about it.

Of course and you are 100% correct, but thats why both Xbox, and PA allows you to remap your buttons or spend the money on a Elite or Wolverine to get the best out of what you are doing, especially for BDO. Obviously it's not just meant for BDO, but you get my point. It's to help you out more and allow you to customize what you want while you play.

It's to help you out more and allow you to customize what you want while you play.

Just remember that statement when pc players can set up macros on keyboards, mouse, and gamepads to make life easier and more customized while us console players have to adapt. Not to mention any type of mod support some games game(ESO is a prime example)

The point is pc and console have bug differences and u have to adapt to what your given and not try to compare them 100% to each other