The Guiido

Differences in Movement and how it affects all classes

2 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

Many players in coms means pc players looking for that feel again lol

I meant Xbox Live Parties lol. We'd just talk about it and they would notice how extremely slow it feels generally.

16 minutes ago, The Guiido said:

Level 22?? You didn't even experience the NW? 2v2 Tourney? PvP????? Heidel? Velia Arenas? What kind of experience would you have as a level 22 in terms of any grasp of what i'm talking about? Yes maybe a little with some sensitivity differences and the obvious no click to move, but you never were in serious action pvp, no offense but thats not really helping your insightfulness into the issue very much at all.

Past how it was on PC, it feels horrible. Your character has to turn ALL the way around which is wasteful time in combat that could be fixed with this tiny change.

yea you're right, i might not have had a full experience while playing couple of hours a day and wasn't really looking into what's wrong with this ported version vs the PC version, but hey, my concerns were with bugs of getting quests and skill moves that i couldn't understand how they're performed.. i didn't find it hard to slash and dash my way through the mobs. it's not a simulator after all.

so yeah, nothing bothered me in that little adventure about needing to move in certain direction but the controller didn't let me.. i didn't have any past experience to compare this to.. so it doesn't apply to me.

maybe you're getting the wrong impression here, i'm not against any improvement for all things.. but i'm against things that's going to ruin the game and make it unbalanced due PC players thinking this has to be an exact replica of their version of the game.. 

Edited by maXmood

1 minute ago, Hieraphant said:

Just remember that statement when pc players can set up macros on keyboards, mouse, and gamepads to make life easier and more customized while us console players have to adapt. Not to mention any type of mod support some games game(ESO is a prime example)

The point is pc and console have bug differences and u have to adapt to what your given and not try to compare them 100% to each other

It's already a thing lol. People low key using XIM 4's bro rofl.

I am not saying for it to be 100% carbon copy, but this change would mean a lot to a lot of people.

1 minute ago, maXmood said:

yea you're right, i might not have had a full experience while playing couple of hours a day and wasn't really looking into what's wrong with this ported version vs the PC version, but hey, my concerns were with bugs of getting quests and skill moves that i couldn't understand how they're performed.. i didn't find it hard to slash and dash my way through the mobs. it's not a simulator after all.

so yeah, nothing bothered me in that little adventure about needing to move in certain direction but the controller didn't let me.. i didn't have anything past experience to compare this to.. so it doesn't apply to me.

maybe you're getting the wrong impression here, but i'm not against any improvement for all things.. but i'm against things that's going to ruin the game and make it unbalanced due PC players thinking this has to be an exact replica of their version of the game.. 

I get that. I am just saying, if you PvP'd tried it out, you'd know your aiming with so many moves would just be off. It feels extremely annoying to have to sacrifice fighting time for worrying about my character turning over and over and over and over again. 

I am not for people ruining things dude. This change is a good change that I know will be a better change for all. Many people will like it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Guiido said:

I get that. I am just saying, if you PvP'd tried it out, you'd know your aiming with so many moves would just be off. It feels extremely annoying to have to sacrifice fighting time for worrying about my character turning over and over and over and over again. 

I am not for people ruining things dude. This change is a good change that I know will be a better change for all. Many people will like it.

if and when they implement it, let's hope it's a good thing for all of us..

Not being able to turn while in animation hampers a lot of skills across most classes. Its not a big deal in PVE but in PVP not only does it mean you lose a lot of damage from the skill but also leaves you very vulnerable. Its mainly an issue with awakening skills and their flows and since a lot of these moves have forward guard, you want to be able to turn to face your opponent to keep yourself as protected as possible, as well as trying to land as much of the skill as you can on a moving target.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maXmood said:

if and when they implement it, let's hope it's a good thing for all of us..

I hope they really consider it. It's a huge deal that has many consequences that I don't personally think many people realize yet. It will come as a rude awakening.

3 minutes ago, Paddy_Whack said:

Not being able to turn while in animation hampers a lot of skills across most classes. Its not a big deal in PVE but in PVP not only does it mean you lose a lot of damage from the skill but also leaves you very vulnerable. Its mainly an issue with awakening skills and their flows and since a lot of these moves have forward guard, you want to be able to turn to face your opponent to keep yourself as protected as possible, as well as trying to land as much of the skill as you can on a moving target.

Exactly my point dude. Preach.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grammaticus said:

Just FYI I've already raised this question in Suggestions to no response whatsoever. : 

I have also asked about this in Q&A:

Getting the followin answer from Shirna:

image.png.24604a69a737a30f8fc0c15f7fb811d1.png

... In other words unless this has already been somehow addressed in background by PA without feedback to Community Manager, then we will get stuck using certain skills and some classes will be simply laughed at when using them.

You can do that on PC with blizzard already awk though you must use click to move

1 hour ago, Beond said:

You can do that on PC with blizzard already awk though you must use click to move

:D Had you even read the Discussion here?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maXmood said:

i played warrior on 2nd beta.. reached lvl 22, didn't feel awkward.. 

No offense, but that's like saying you played to lvl 10 in WoW with 4 skills available, and you already made a conclusion on how the class feel at lvl 120.

Or a guy saying that he's played ESO for 5 hours, got to lvl 19 before any veteran ranks or CP, and already made a conclusion that his class is easy and working at end game.

The real class balance in BDX doesn't really start to show until we hit 59-60 with awakening weapons, and start to unlock the skills available. This will happen within the first 3 months.

The balance comparisons before that time is like comparing lvl 40s in world of warcraft, it just doesn't work I'm afraid. Doesn't matter if you're a PC player or not.

Edited by Geralt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is one of the few valid complaints Imo on port issues. In Steve clip a good chunk of that skill will have no possibility of landing under current system

I agree being able to turn quickly while casting a skill with a long cast time would be great, the problem is the Xbox controller only has a few buttons and so this might be hard to do unless turn the sensitivity of the sticks would speed up the turning, although making it possible to spin on spot by 180° or maybe just 90° will be possible eventually, we've got a few months until awakening is released for the issue to be solved as it seems it effects those skills more 

3 hours ago, Grammaticus said:

:D Had you even read the Discussion here?

Have* and yes have you?

I get a chuckle out of PC players wanting the game on console to play like PC.

Don’t you have a PC version and have played there for years? Stay there. A valid solution.

You have ported controller play on console. It’s a level playing field, everyone has to deal with any differences. Maximize builds? The builds that come out of console BDX will obviously be different. Dont’t like it? PC is that way >> and has everything you want.

As far as the casual console player, I mean, have you watched some players play in the beta? Not a single combo, just spam prim and sec attacks. I would bet a majority of casual console players will never get into the more complex combos and attacks.

PA isn’t selling BDX to PC players, they are expanding to a new market of players on console and the new console player will accept what’s there for controls.

Edited by Uberkull
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Uberkull said:

Don’t you have a PC version and have played there for years? Stay there. A valid solution.

You have ported controller play on console. It’s a level playing field, everyone has to deal with any differences. Maximize builds? The builds that come out of console BDX will obviously be different. Dont’t like it? PC is that way >> and has everything you want.

As far as the casual console player, I mean, have you watched some players play in the beta? Not a single combo, just spam prim and sec attacks. I would bet a majority of casual console players will never get into the more complex combos and attacks.

PA isn’t selling BDX to PC players, they are expanding to a new market of players on console and the new console player will accept what’s there for controls.

I like it.  Don't like that the console version doesn't play like PC, then go play the PC version. That about sums it up

13 minutes ago, Uberkull said:

Agreed you summed it up very nice

• Like 2

Some of y'all are tripping, this isn't a PC vs console issue , everyone loses out here, the skill has 2 parts and only 1 is able to land currently and many other skills will be negatively affected. There are skills that will be designed with that extra movement in mind. A meta shift because of input device is to be expected but some skills literally can't be used as intended 

How are people losing out. Your comparing it to pc. The game hasnt even officially launched on console so no one is losing out because nothing has changed. It is how it is currently and u either adapt, change class, go back to pc, or be like 90% of youtubers and go make videos complaining about the game.

17 minutes ago, Strapz said:

Some of y'all are tripping, this isn't a PC vs console issue , everyone loses out here, the skill has 2 parts and only 1 is able to land currently and many other skills will be negatively affected. There are skills that will be designed with that extra movement in mind. A meta shift because of input device is to be expected but some skills literally can't be used as intended 

Ding ding ding, exactly. That is the problem here I do not think many people realize. If you played a lot of PvP during those 4 days in beta, the issue was so apparent actually, I literally just locked skills. At one point, I actually went back to Heidal, went to a skill instructor, and respec'd everything just to not have points in those moves.

10 minutes ago, Hieraphant said:

How are people losing out. Your comparing it to pc. The game hasnt even officially launched on console so no one is losing out because nothing has changed. It is how it is currently and u either adapt, change class, go back to pc, or be like 90% of youtubers and go make videos complaining about the game.

You can't adapt if you never were able to get the move out efficiently in the first place.

Nobody is going back to PC. It's feedback and a gameplay issue people are experiencing on a controller thats a serious issue to anyone trying to be serious about PvP.

Thats ridiculous I have to reroll to play the game how it's intended.

Their is reasons Youtubers complain you know. 

Edited by The Guiido

5 minutes ago, The Guiido said:

Their is reasons Youtubers complain you know. 

Yeah because negativity gets more viewers then positivity. I see it with so many games and so many youtubers. Bitch and moan about a game for reason and then months later praise a game that has the same or worse issues.

Just now, Hieraphant said:

Yeah because negativity gets more viewers then positivity. I see it with so many games and so many youtubers. Bitch and moan about a game for reason and then months later praise a game that has the same or worse issues.

Yeah that is the case a lot of the time. Not sure if you listen to some of what they say but inside the complaints are pretty good feedback of the game that could help it. Obviously not all, but i've heard some great ones in the past.

4 minutes ago, The Guiido said:

Yeah that is the case a lot of the time. Not sure if you listen to some of what they say but inside the complaints are pretty good feedback of the game that could help it. Obviously not all, but i've heard some great ones in the past.

And i can agree with that, unfortunately people with substance get overshadowed by the overwhelming people jumping on the bandwagon to complain about the same stuff as the last 50 people who made videos

Are some of you people crazy? It's like Tesla releasing a new car with back wheel turned 90° and we go like - Oh-ooh, that ain't gonna really wooork and some Uberkull fanboi comes out of literally nowhere like - This is Tesla, you've been driving BMW what do you know about Tesla cars, the first-time-owners ain't gonna know the car isn't supposed to drive in circles cause that's all they'll know. Like dude, we're helping by pointing problem here, nobody needs a crazy white-knight getting all triggered.

7 minutes ago, Grammaticus said:

Are some of you people crazy? It's like Tesla releasing a new car with back wheel turned 90° and we go like - Oh-ooh, that ain't gonna really wooork and some Uberkull fanboi comes out of literally nowhere like - This is Tesla, you've been driving BMW what do you know about Tesla cars, the first-time-owners ain't gonna know the car isn't supposed to drive in circles cause that's all they'll know. Like dude, we're helping by pointing problem here, nobody needs a crazy white-knight getting all triggered.

I think people are enjoying it for what it is combat was amazing for me no complaints here