The Guiido

Differences in Movement and how it affects all classes

37 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

I think people are enjoying it for what it is combat was amazing for me no complaints here

you have only played it to max lvl 40 during 3 days in a beta. you will understand when you become higher level why this is an issue, and that you should thank them for making them aware of this issue early

2 hours ago, Uberkull said:

lots of nonsense

you don't want the xbox players to enjoy this game the way it was intended, and to avoid that some classes will become completely broken when you reach a higher level because some classes doesn't work like they were designed and balanced around on xbox? You want bdx to become more unbalanced?

this has nothing to do with pc vs xbox, or your weird hatred towards humans who own a PC, but the question is why would you want a broken version of it on xbox?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Seinfeld said:

you have only played it to max lvl 40 during 3 days in a beta. you will understand when you become higher level why this is an issue, and that you should thank them for making them aware of this issue early

you don't want the xbox players to enjoy this game the way it was intended, and to avoid that some classes will become completely broken when you reach a higher level because some classes doesn't work like they were designed and balanced around on xbox? You want bdx to become more unbalanced?

this has nothing to do with pc vs xbox, or your weird hatred towards humans who own a PC, but the question is why would you want a broken version of it on xbox?

Thank you. As stated earlier I don't even plan on using certain skills as they just hinder my mobility too much on launch. I hope they fix it in the future. Thanks for the great feedback dude. 

1 hour ago, Seinfeld said:

It’s different than the PC game and the Xbox players that are new will accept the game as is. You have 3 real MMOs on console right now, and I would say only 1 is any good(ESO). With BDX the console will get a quality 2nd MMO, albiet limited in content choices compared to ESO, but a unique  MMO. Xbox players will be overjoyed to have another MMO regardless of a few gimped skills.

I think PC players freaking out over a skill or two on classes not being easy to execute is a little extreme. What happens when the dev nerfs your favorite skills or combos? What do we normally do? We adapt. We find a new meta and move on.

Seriously...PC has it all for ya, stay there. Console BDX will be a different experience. Everyone is even as far as combat is comcerned.

Next thing you clowns will want is macros on console...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Uberkull said:

It’s different than the PC game and the Xbox players that are new will accept the game as is. You have 3 real MMOs on console right now, and I would say only 1 is any good(ESO). With BDX the console will get a quality 2nd MMO, albiet limited in content choices compared to ESO, but a unique  MMO. Xbox players will be overjoyed to have another MMO regardless of a few gimped skills.

I think PC players freaking out over a skill or two on classes not being easy to execute is a little extreme. What happens when the dev nerfs your favorite skills or combos? What do we normally do? We adapt. We find a new meta and move on.

Seriously...PC has it all for ya, stay there. Console BDX will be a different experience. Everyone is even as far as combat is comcerned.

Let them keep complain about this and that, maximize damage blah blah, affect when higher level. I dont think most care. You can always log in to pc if its not up to your standards.

• Like 1

I’ve been reading this since the beginning and I see three thoughts being given:

1. Xbox is different so it doesn't matter

2. Parity between PC and Xbox is the goal and this needs to be fixed

3. Mechanics wise this is an issue that will become apparent over time, so let’s alert the devs

I’m most likely wrong but that’s what I’m seeing...and I’m in #3. (To be fair without having played at all) The argument that, ultimately, the inability to move yourself so you are facing your enemy while preforming long-animation attacks/spells will break the system and lead to said abilities never being used...speaks to me. 

But ultimately...I guess we will see starting Friday!

Great discussion everyone! 👍🏼👍🏼

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Uberkull said:

Your argument is flawed, because this does not affect two classes. If you knew what you are talking about, you would know It affects lots of classes, and some classes more than others. It breaks the balance of the game.

Why would you rather want something half made than something they could fix with the suggestion OP made?

It's like you just want to argue against it for the sake of being bitter and angry without even thinking what is best for you as a xbox player.

Why wouldn't you want the classes to work like they were designed and balanced around? Are you being serious? xD 

There is not a problem like in this in ESO that you use as an example, because the port to controller works fine on xbox with very minor differences between pc and console. That's how it should be on bdx, so the class balance remains.

"It’s different than the PC game and the Xbox players that are new will accept the game as is" lul what a quote! Why should you accept anything just because you play it on console? are you saying that xbox shouldn't be prioritized? holy.. not sure if serious

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

Let them keep complain about this and that, maximize damage blah blah, affect when higher level. I dont think most care. You can always log in to pc if its not up to your standards.

Anyone whos serious about pvp will tell the difference immediately. Many of the newer players are wondering as I stated why it is extremely slow to turn and why it generally feels clunky and slow. These are new players saying that kind of stuff not just PC players. 

24 minutes ago, The Guiido said:

Anyone whos serious about pvp will tell the difference immediately. Many of the newer players are wondering as I stated why it is extremely slow to turn and why it generally feels clunky and slow. These are new players saying that kind of stuff not just PC players. 

Who are the new players? im almost sure once again its pc players complaining about something once again lol. If the devs see it as a big issue they will fix it. Im sure they know what they are doing but if it get fixed or not could careless. Here to have fun not be an xbox nolifer on bdo

Edited by Bnews757
  • Sad 1

It's pretty sad how some individuals see this as an XBOX vs PC argument. It really isn't that at all! I appreciate the older Black Desert players raising these issues before they arise. Hopefully this issue will get solved sooner rather than later.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

Who are the new players? im almost sure once again its pc players complaining about something once again lol. If the devs see it as a big issue they will fix it. Im sure they know what they are doing but if it get fixed or not could careless. Here to have fun not be an xbox nolifer on bdo

Nah man. Not all PC players complaining. The general feel is kind of slow and slugish. I could have a few friends of mine completely new to the game talk about there experiences in PvP and talk about how they wish they could turn around this way or that way.

I know i'm not the only person who wants this introduced.

14 minutes ago, The Guiido said:

Nah man. Not all PC players complaining. The general feel is kind of slow and slugish. I could have a few friends of mine completely new to the game talk about there experiences in PvP and talk about how they wish they could turn around this way or that way.

Alright fair well hope it gets fix cya in game

12 minutes ago, Bravo said:

It's pretty sad how some individuals see this as an XBOX vs PC argument. It really isn't that at all! I appreciate the older Black Desert players raising these issues before they arise. Hopefully this issue will get solved sooner rather than later.

Exactly. If you played PvP at all a lot of people would see what we are talking about.

1 minute ago, Bnews757 said:

Alright fair well hope it gets fix cya in game

Have fun. Thanks for the feedback man.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Guiido said:

Exactly. If you played PvP at all a lot of people would see what we are talking about.

With how things are in placed now, which classes do you think are the ones to gain/lose?

11 minutes ago, Bravo said:

With how things are in placed now, which classes do you think are the ones to gain/lose?

I don't have any experience other than Berserker. But I asked around. I think Berserker Witch and Wizard take the biggest L's. They require click to move heavily in awakening.

No one gains anything from this. It's net nerf to everyones potential and to the ones listed above it ruins both mobility and survivability that they could of had.

Edited by The Guiido
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Guiido said:

So, back up. If you were a new Xbox player...never played on PC, you would have no idea what certain skills ‘should’ feel like.

The normal Xbox player is seeing this game on the Xbox dashboard advertised as ‘new MMO’, will go look at some reviews, maybe gameplay, and buy it. Play it, assume the classes are what they are, attacks are what they are, and play until they realize what a mindless grinder this game is. 

That’s reality. It’s just all the PC players want thier PC game mechanics. Let’s be honest here, you give two shits about the new Xbox player experience. Be real.

Edited by Uberkull

6 minutes ago, Uberkull said:

So, back up. If you were a new Xbox player...never played on PC, you would have no idea what certain skills ‘should’ feel like.

The normal Xbox player is seeing this game on the Xbox dashboard advertised as ‘new MMO’, will go look at some reviews, maybe gameplay, and buy it. Play it, assume the classes are what they are, attacks are what they are, and play until they realize what a mindless grinder this game is. 

That’s reality. It’s just all the PC players want thier PC game mechanics. Let’s be honest here, you give two shits about the new Xbox player experience. Be real.

I mean if I'm about to drop 100 bucks on a game, I'm going to heavily research it. After pvp'ing in the beta and watching PC streamers, you can see a huge difference in skill. Granted I've only played a little compared to them. But you can see a lot of guides on youtube where they tell you how to preform certain skills efficiently that aren't possible on XBOX

9 minutes ago, Bravo said:

I mean if I'm about to drop 100 bucks on a game, I'm going to heavily research it. After pvp'ing in the beta and watching PC streamers, you can see a huge difference in skill. Granted I've only played a little compared to them. But you can see a lot of guides on youtube where they tell you how to preform certain skills efficiently that aren't possible on XBOX

So, you decided you won’t buy it then? Right?

Yea, didn’t think so.

Again, Xbox players see new MMO on console...and many care less about pvp...yet want the rest that BDX has to offer.

PvP on console is going to be a whole lot different, performance wise and skill wise. No comparison.

10 minutes ago, Uberkull said:

So, you decided you won’t buy it then? Right?

Yea, didn’t think so.

Again, Xbox players see new MMO on console...and many care less about pvp...yet want the rest that BDX has to offer.

PvP on console is going to be a whole lot different, performance wise and skill wise. No comparison.

You seem to be completely missing the point, again. Logic seems pointless in discussing this subject with certain individuals.  Don't speak for all of us who 'care less about pvp'. Speak for yourself. 

Yes PvP will play out differently for obvious reasons. One of those reasons is something this thread is trying to shed light on: The design of the game revolves around positioning and movement. But right now those are hindered. I think OP has a good solution.

• Like 1

@UberkullI think the point they are trying to make is that eventually (wether a PC vet or Xbox new player) this particular “flaw” will become apparent. Regardless of prior experience. 

I can see that. 

Imagine there is an attack you really like to use in PvE...and you find it very good in PvP...until you realize that because you cannot “defend” yourself by turning to face your attacker. As a new Xbox player even I would question the design choice and be frustrated that I cannot use a skill I had grown to love/use. 

At least that’s how I see it. 😉 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WeAreLegion said:

@UberkullI think the point they are trying to make is that eventually (wether a PC vet or Xbox new player) this particular “flaw” will become apparent. Regardless of prior experience. 

I can see that. 

Imagine there is an attack you really like to use in PvE...and you find it very good in PvP...until you realize that because you cannot “defend” yourself by turning to face your attacker. As a new Xbox player even I would question the design choice and be frustrated that I cannot use a skill I had grown to love/use. 

At least that’s how I see it. 😉 

Yup, I can imagine that. Now imagine if you didn’t have PC players leaving their PC BDO and coming here, yet you knew the game existed at one point on pc. Your Xbox experience would be new and you would accept what it is. 

I mean you think PA isnt aware of the differences between PC and Xbox in combat? Did you see all the sklls we are forced to assign to the Wheel menu? They made decisions there that impact combat also.

This is exactly the same topic that happened in ESO, same in Tera(bad port though) ans even in Neverwinter. All had changes forced in combat to fit controller play. Xbox players accepted them and made different metas.

PA will adjust wnere needed, but they are running out of ‘buttons’ given how they designed the combo system. It’s already overly complex to do some attacks.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Uberkull said:

Yup, I can imagine that. Now imagine if you didn’t have PC players leaving their PC BDO and coming here, yet you knew the game existed at one point on pc. Your Xbox experience would be new and you would accept what it is. 

I mean you think PA isnt aware of the differences between PC and Xbox in combat? Did you see all the sklls we are forced to assign to the Wheel menu? They made decisions there that impact combat also.

This is exactly the same topic that happened in ESO, same in Tera(bad port though) ans even in Neverwinter. All had changes forced in combat to fit controller play. Xbox players accepted them and made different metas.

PA will adjust wnere needed, but they are running out of ‘buttons’ given how they designed the combo system. It’s already overly complex to do some attacks.

I totally get what your are saying but, a broken mechanic is a broken mechanic...if it really is broken. (Did that make sense?)

The way it has been described I can see it being vexing to the powerful but long-setup skills being rendered useless regardless of wether I was ever told how it worked on PC. 

Of course time will tell...once we have awakenings and have played enough to get to that point! 😝

41 minutes ago, Uberkull said:

Never said I was new. 

The new people I am talking about have gotten to level 40 and have dueled in the arenas and have simply asked "why does it feel so slow even at 100 100 sens?" People wondering why they cant turn around, or saying stuff like "ohhh dude if I could turn around faster I would of gotten him!" 

To people who aren't serious about pvp or the game they won't care about this, they'll probably never care to notice or care in the first place. You are right in that regard.

But to people who have studied the classes, done their research, made the comparisons and seen what classes have heavy reliance on free movement, the proof is there. I do care about the new player experience as I am heavily involved in PvP, and want only the best for all players. This was just a form of skill and class viability lost that I wish was introduced in someway for xbox to raise the skill ceiling for all players.

55 minutes ago, Bravo said:

You seem to be completely missing the point, again. Logic seems pointless in discussing this subject with certain individuals.  Don't speak for all of us who 'care less about pvp'. Speak for yourself. 

Yes PvP will play out differently for obvious reasons. One of those reasons is something this thread is trying to shed light on: The design of the game revolves around positioning and movement. But right now those are hindered. I think OP has a good solution.

Thank you. I had to think of it for a little bit and make it as less intrusive as possible while being flawless It is totally possible to add it in. Question is, will they? We'll have to wait and see i'd love to get a response!

Click to move feature sounds ideal but disrupts the overall flow of combat. The milliseconds it takes to activate and deactivate along with timing knockdowns which is the main form of cc in this game imo would ruin timing of combos.

Imo