Jump to content
The Guiido

Differences in Movement and how it affects all classes

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Vampiryn said:

Click to move feature sounds ideal but disrupts the overall flow of combat. The milliseconds it takes to activate and deactivate along with timing knockdowns which is the main form of cc in this game imo would ruin timing of combos.

Imo

In addition to, both stick clicks are already used for other features. 

Anytime you press down on a movement stick, camera or direction while in combat totally doesnt flow. 

And you nailed it, the combos would be broken because timing would be off attempting to click the stick yiu are moving with, or that is part of the combo. Right stick down had many combos on it and left stick down for too long? You get the camera zoom comtrols.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Uberkull said:

In addition to, both stick clicks are already used for other features. 

Anytime you press down on a movement stick, camera or direction while in combat totally doesnt flow. 

And you nailed it, the combos would be broken because timing would be off attempting to click the stick yiu are moving with, or that is part of the combo. Right stick down had many combos on it and left stick down for too long? You get the camera zoom comtrols.

This could simply be fixed with making it a combination of back and select buttons. 630296713_ScreenShot2019-02-28at12_23_32AM.png.520c462b4bf0abbb079960dcd0119851.png

By pressing LS it toggles the the ability to move your character in any direction with out having to worry about complicated ways of performing movement. Thats the idea.

RS is camera zoom controls and move around. 

How would combos be broken? Only time it would come at a disadvantage is not having the ability to back pedal block which then you could toggle it just by pressing it to activate normal movement again. You'd be free in any direction to evade, out maneuver, and out play your enemy based on skill more so than anything and to fully maximize a moves output.

The idea is to have it as an option in the settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Guiido said:

This could simply be fixed with making it a combination of back and select buttons. 630296713_ScreenShot2019-02-28at12_23_32AM.png.520c462b4bf0abbb079960dcd0119851.png

By pressing LS it toggles the the ability to move your character in any direction with out having to worry about complicated ways of performing movement. Thats the idea.

RS is camera zoom controls and move around. 

How would combos be broken? Only time it would come at a disadvantage is not having the ability to back pedal block which then you could toggle it just by pressing it to activate normal movement again. You'd be free in any direction to evade, out maneuver, and out play your enemy based on skill more so than anything and to fully maximize a moves output.

The idea is to have it as an option in the settings.

The back and select are mutually exclusive on the controller...not normally used as a button. Anyways...

In the heat of battle, let’s say on the Wizard/Witch...RS down +LT was Fireball(if I remember). So, even if I didn’t need free movement yet I pressed down-click on the RS in the process of trying to cast Fireball...all goes bad, right? Maybe Wizard isnt a great example, but all classes have a RS down cast.

I already posted a thread with pics on a alternate controller layout to simplify things. But, I think PA put a lot of efforts in the control combos, not sure if anything will change. 

Oh...btw, remember the first beta with the 180 degree movement bug? I wonder if they were trying to do something with free movement there. It was patched quick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I totally understand the need to be able to change direction while casting. That sort of seems like a no brainer. But as someone who will main a warrior... We have the least to lose? I didn't have a sample size past 40, didn't see any cast times so far. Soo good things for warriors in the meta if it goes unchanged? 😊

Edited by Jacs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jacs said:

I totally understand the need to be able to change direction while casting. That sort of seems like a no brainer. But as someone who will main a warrior... We have the least to lose? I didn't have a sample size past 40, didn't see any cast times so far. Soo good things for warriors in the meta if it goes unchanged? 😊

No. Warrior uses this type of click movement with for example awakening 100% black spirit ultimate. without the click movement that ultimate is weakened.

Warrior is already considered bad on PC, where they can play with 120+ fps. warrior is the most fps dependant class in the game, so it will be weaker on xbox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Seinfeld said:

No. Warrior uses this type of click movement with for example awakening 100% black spirit ultimate. without the click movement that ultimate is weakened.

Warrior is already considered bad on PC, where they can play with 120+ fps. warrior is the most fps dependant class in the game, so it will be weaker on xbox

I have read that the reverted the patch where more fps=more dps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...