Sign in to follow this  
Rokal

Where to begin for my type of play

Hail and well met, all,

I was hoping someone could help give me some pointers on where to at least begin my journey and maybe a mini roadmap of sorts. 

So... not into PvP at all... addressed in another thread of mine. 

Filthy casual to the extreme, like about 10 hrs per week on a good week. 

Not interested in min/max, I enjoy the journey, I'm not in a rush, (which considering 10'ish hrs per week is a good thing, lol).

I feel no need to be the best or get "World Firsts."

I enjoy exploring, gathering, crafting a bit, but I prefer to gather/farm for others.  Of course given the beautiful visuals, I enjoy killing mobs too.

I'd really like to set up a farm.  In Archeage I 100% loved being able to grow plants, lumber, animals, animal bits, etc to give to friends and guildies because it allowed me to contribute, help, feel a part of, and just plain gave me some purpose, that my far more casual hours allowed.  One concern that I have is that only getting the standard pk, thus starting Sunday, and obviously taking time to get stuff in order... would I even be able to set up a farm or something of that sort... or would all the viable land be gone, (like can happen in Archeage for those who know that game.)

I also really enjoyed trade runs as a relaxing bit of play that allowed me to chat with friends/guildies in game... or my wife/son out of game... but still get something accomplished. 

I Iike to follow quests, and the whole knowledge system sounds very intriguing since I love lore & story.  I'd really like to work on knowledge.  Every conversation I tried in both Betas was not enough knowledge for conversation... so want to not have that happen again. 

So, given that info, knowing that I'd really like to get some farm or something like that going ASAP, (at least as fast as my 10'ish hr per week will allow), how would you recommend that I start? 

Thanks for any insight and advice you can give.

Take care, 

Rokal

Proud member of... Nutti' Yet But Looking 

NoOb Extraordinaire 

• Like 1

First, make all quests and talk to every npc you See, kill all Monsters to gain knowlege, knowlege Progress can be traked in knowlege tab. So you will gain max energy and contribution points. For aquiring of Farm you will need contribution points( cp), for maintaining energy, or workers, there are enough guids about farming and farms. For trading you will need again cp for trade routes and energy for bargain minigame.

Almost all guids for PC Version can be adapted to xbox Version. Some content may be missing

@Rokalthanks for this thread!  I’m a borderline casual in the sense that life does not allow me to dedicate the time to be in the deep deep grind, though I like to be part of the race and community in my own way. 

Oh and I also just like play for fun, which often translates to paying “different” or “wrong...but I eat Kit-Kats like a regular candy bar so...😉

I’m interested in the part of your question around land/housing availability. I was under the impression multiple people can own the sameness property based on my rudimentary research, to the vets out there is it true and how exactly does it work?

Thanks!

Housing, nodes etc. Are somewhat singleplayer content. With some mp Elements, for example potato node near velia has lets say workload (worktime for one work of worker)of 300. When all people take this node, workload will raise up to Double amount. For housing competition is house ranking. 1. Place is allowed to use special node of City.

Take your time, do story quests and side quests, and kill monsters...the story will guide you, and you will be fine.

There is no right way to play.  Go at you're own pace do what you want.  I fished for my first 3-4 months.  Bought a sail boat and sailed around the world being a total noob.  Now that I know the game.  Which I was totally lost when I started.  I'd say do all the black spirit/story quests for extra inventory space.  And do quests on you're first character for contribution points.  Talk to every NPC,  Kill everything and explore the world. 

Do NOT spend real money on character bound items/  use you're horse whistle or buy costumes.  Untill you are certain you like the class.  And you're class will change a little when Awakenings come out.  Research you're classes awakening abilities to make sure you are cool with it.  For instance  Ranger gets a sword for its Awakening.  I'm an alt-a-holic and spent a lot of money swapping classes.  On PC I bought all my costumes with silver.  Not sure how the central market works and how easy it will be to buy costumes/pets.

Edited by Rook

Thank you all.

I've read in other threads where vets have told noobs like myself "Figure out where you want to end up, then work backwards from there figuring out what you need along the way, to figure out where to begin."

So I didn't know if, wanting to end up mainly as a farmer/gatherer/trader, where I should focus my time and efforts... did that make sense, lol?

On another note, I'm guessing the Deluxe and Ultimate packs are a waste of money for the type of player I am?

I'm experienced enough to know that day 1 early access will be a complete boondoggle; people won't be able to log in, queues, server crash, multiple emergency patches during the day, and even when folks can actually play... getting quest kills etc will be an exercise in futility as a bajillion players try to kill the poor lil' mobs as they spawn, lol.

So, playing early isn't a huge incentive to me but I wonder if the rest of the packs are worth it.  Don't care about costumes, I've read you outgrow even tier 5 horse pretty early... so I'm thinking not.

Thanks again for the info.

Take care, 

Rokal 

Proud member of Nuttin' Yet But Looking 

nOoB Extraordinaire 

I played the game a couple monthes without pets.  I didn't realize they looted for you.  Thought it was just cosmetic.  Then I noticed I had one I that I never claimed when I bought one of the package deals.  Once I had one looting for me It changed the game completely.  You will want 3-4 pets for sure at 7-10 bucks ea.  If you register and link you're account at launch you will get 1 free pet.  If you played final beta and got to level 30 you will get another.  You could survive awhile with 2 pets.  no money invested if you're just doing lifeskills.  PS you want to buy cats as a lifeskiller.  They ping gathering nodes. 

Edited by Rook

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 4:00 PM, Hieraphant said:

2 from the ultimate edition, the image tells about the sign up sky hawk. Thats 3 of the 4 u can have out at a time which puts u in a good spot. Pets are about 900 pearls so use some of your 3000 to get a pet(trust me having 4 to start are important)

qt5632vtsoi21.jpg