Sign in to follow this  
Shadelight_

The Disrespect

I decided to create a post where we can all share our feelings of the ridiculous lack of transparency and lies towards the Xbox branch of BDO, in hopes of some change of some kind. Now, for my two cents.

As a company, information given to the public should be accurate. Something very important relating to that accuracy is release dates of games. Now, as a studio venturing into a brand new territory of games on a completely new platform, wouldn’t trying to make the experience as transparent as possible be a good thing? We have went months without any news, and the latest information we have gotten, not only wasn’t directly from the studio, but was another ridiculous change to the release date. We shouldn’t be waiting months for even a teaser, and by extension, any information at all. Your panel was planned out, that video was PLANNED OUT. If you had planned in a fall release, why weren’t we informed in late May? Or, in general, why would a release date even be told to us? I would be better off if we had been told in January that the game could have a release of December 2018. At least in that way, change is open throughout the year. So we aren’t being completely thrown off once we get close to a real release date. This has happened FOUR times now. The lack of respect represented in these actions is absolutely absurd. The success of a game is not solely represented on sales. It is also represented in the strength and power of the community to keep it alive. How can this community thrive, if we cannot trust the company behind it all? The wait is not the issue, it’s the constant lies and misinformation that we are being fed. You have had weeks before this event to say something. If you were no where near being finished 3 weeks ago, wouldn’t it be a good idea to keep the community informed instead if vanishing for months and telling us through a major event? At this point, there is no defense for this. I simply hope it isn’t too late for some kind of change.

• Like 9

They knew that releasing info about fall / 2019 release would kill all the hype and activity on forums. Better get 50 active and disappointed users than dead forum.

Showing trailers and gameplays with classes (striker) not available in beta is even a bigger joke.

Soon (1 or 2 months) you will see CM's giving again a very little info, and i bet the game will be delayed into 2019 summer.

Just hope the beta will remain open until the release, if no, people will forget about this game.

Was holding with playing any mmorpg on console because BDO was around the corner, but now, im just going back to ESO and will visit the bdo forums from time to time. They arent giving any info about the game frequently anyway.

PS. GL with competing all the announced games today

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 4

My personal rant about this is that my laptop decided to suddenly stop working 2 days ago. so now i cant even enjoy BDO on that platform.. and now we got a beta coming this "fall". fml.

19 hours ago, Daniel said:

They knew that releasing info about fall / 2019 release would kill all the hype and activity on forums. Better get 50 active and disappointed users than dead forum.

Showing trailers and gameplays with classes (striker) not available in beta is even a bigger joke.

Soon (1 or 2 months) you will see CM's giving again a very little info, and i bet the game will be delayed into 2019 summer.

Just hope the beta will remain open until the release, if no, people will forget about this game.

Was holding with playing any mmorpg on console because BDO was around the corner, but now, im just going back to ESO and will visit the bdo forums from time to time. They arent giving any info about the game frequently anyway.

PS. GL with competing all the announced games today

eso is garbage now. constant freezing in pvp when walls are taken down or when keeps are flipped. when the one x came out eso ran smoothly but the last dlc's have brought it back to the lvl it was before the new console was released. 2 steps forward 5 steps back.....