Marixi

XBOX Elite controller

Hi all,

Since launch on PC I have played BDO.  Now, with BDX, I plan to use an XBOX Elite controller, if allowed.

Questions are many; but, to begin with, can we reassign ALL the buttons to enhance play?  And, (probably more important) shall having MORE buttons and toggles permit an advantage during PVP?  :)

Marixi

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marixi said:

Hi all,

Since launch on PC I have played BDO.  Now, with BDX, I plan to use an XBOX Elite controller, if allowed.

Questions are many; but, to begin with, can we reassign ALL the buttons to enhance play?  And, (probably more important) shall having MORE buttons and toggles permit an advantage during PVP?  :)

Marixi

Solid question. 

I'm planning on using a Razer Wildcat while I stream, and a regular Xbox Controller on my off days. I didn't get a chance to see if the Razer would let me do anything like a MMO mouse would for BDO during the beta. I would say it will probably let it assign buttons but not full skill combos. 

I think we have another thread talking about the Xbox Elite controller if some one could bump it if they know where it is.

With the elite controller you can remap all the buttons through the xbox setting without having to change any buttons in the game itself so even if a game doesnt let you remap a button you can go into your settings and do it anyway

This isnt just an elite controller function. With the xbox accesories app, you can remap any button on any controller. You just wont have paddles without an elite. 

1 hour ago, Lyle420 said:

Or just buy a xim4 instead of the elite and use that.

Not sure how they would catch on, but they stated it is against Microsoft ToS and will be punishable.

2 hours ago, Lyle420 said:

Or just buy a xim4 instead of the elite and use that.

Xim is garbage anyways, high input lag and it’s just bad. Also, it is against the MS tos, not worth it. Xbox Ome supports keyboard and mouse natively now, but games need to code to support it otherwise no aupport other then text entry.

And no moded controllers or macros...also tos bad.

I think the OP is wondering if the actual skill combo buttons can be remapped in BDX. They can not. What the dev added in the second beta is the ability to remap the buttons. Same thing you could do with the Xbox app.

Edited by Uberkull

55 minutes ago, Uberkull said:

Xim is garbage anyways, high input lag and it’s just bad. Also, it is against the MS tos, not worth it. Xbox Ome supports keyboard and mouse natively now, but games need to code to support it otherwise no aupport other then text entry.

And no moded controllers or macros...also tos bad.

I think the OP is wondering if the actual skill combo buttons can be remapped in BDX. They can not. What the dev added in the second beta is the ability to remap the buttons. Same thing you could do with the Xbox app.

Difference is what they added in the second beta, it affects it in game not both in game and out of game. Very cool.

6 hours ago, The Guiido said:

Difference is what they added in the second beta, it affects it in game not both in game and out of game. Very cool.

Yup, a improvement. But I think many players were asking to remap skill buttons.