Sign in to follow this  
x22

What is there to do with friends?

3 minutes ago, ComplexZeru said:

if you have an Issue with Black Desert @Wild Marshmallow why are you here?, like really you may have an issue with the pc or whatever fyi talking crud because you didn't have a good experience is dumb just keep it to yourself because your just embarrassing yourself even further 

another blind fanboy triggered lmao *CRINGE intensifies*........ white knight fanboys fanboying is such cringe

2 minutes ago, Wild Marshmallow said:

another blind fanboy triggered lmao *CRINGE intensifies*........ white knight fanboys fanboying is such cringe

Everyone who doesn't aggre with you is a blind fanboy? Who's triggering here, seems it's you :D Starting with actual arguments ending in "doh, blind fanboys fanboying like damn fanboys everywhere, so fanboying of you, you damn fanboy". Hahaha :D

Oh look another whiny brat who didn't get what he wanted wah wah wah that's what you sound like Wild Marshmallow like get lost you troll you only come here to start crud with people because people have a different opinion then you shout fan boy because like really just go away

9 minutes ago, Hieraphant said:

Games now a days have lost the 1 major focus that made old games last, social aspects. And yes bdo has those issues like every game now does. Instanced housing, trade markets, lfg features. There is no need to use chat or talk to your fellow gamers anymore and that truely is where most games fall apart

Other MMOs have better tools for social interaction. One of the biggest problems with BDO is its interface and menus, so bad. They have the technology to build a really good modern interface but fail miserably. The interface is so buggy. Take friends list for example, doesn't work lol. No point in adding friends, when you send them a private message, they don't even get a sound or notification, no way of knowing.

Not everything is bad. I enjoyed BDO general chat, it can be funny with some jokes said there and the lack of mods, lack of censorship is great in a day and age when there's no freedom of speech anymore in most social networks like Facebook. Censorship never works.

Some of the problems with social interactions in BDO boil down to its poor interface and mechanics. Actions and movements that should be fun, quick, are not. Actions like climbing on your horse, getting off your horse, getting off your wagon, some emotes, are really slow, clumsy, can't get interrupted, take a very long time. This is an example of a poor game mechanic that really destroys social interactions. Emotes are there, sure, that is in theory fun, but their poor implementation takes away all the fun. They take a long time to cast, are not easily used. Other people don't even notice if I'm doing emotes because the visualisation is not good. I could go on and on with examples of interface and mechanics problems like this.

4 minutes ago, Wild Marshmallow said:

Actions like climbing on your horse, getting off your horse, getting off your wagon, some emotes, are really slow, clumsy, can't get interrupted, take a very long time.

Hah you pointed one of the things that makes this game great for me. Getting on actual horse instead of summoning it from the item held in your inventory. You don't like it, other people do. You don't want to play BDX, other people do. You shared your opinion, now step back and don't force people to share yours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wild Marshmallow said:

This is true, roleplay to the true extent of the word, if you have friends playing. However, even roleplaying will be limited. I did some roleplaying too in BDO. Be warned this game is beautiful at first but very shallow, repetitive in the long term. It will only last you 1 or 2 months before you get bored and stop playing for good. Endgame is just PVP. There are no classes in the game, no roles, no tanks, no healers, everyone is a ninja style spam attack spam spam spam no skill no class no strategy needed. I loved the PVE lifeskills for a period but they get repetitive fast and then you realize why are you repeating the same boring stuff everyday only to see a tiny bar go up from professional 1 to professional 2, etc., each time it goes up slower. You see a bar go up, that's it, the whole point of lifeskilling. No point really. Gets very repetitive in the long term and you will get bored because it's shallow in the long run, empty. I'm not hating on the game, I liked it for a while but it has some issues and this shallowness is what kills it in a few months. It doesn't have the depth and longevity of other MMOs.

I...uh... I'm sorry?  I think you picked the wrong game to play..... Final Fantasy 14, Elder Scrolls Online, and World of Warcraft all have what you were looking for: holy trinity, Vast amounts of story quests, very buggy PvP (looking at you ESO). Expect this game has a lot more to offer than just one or two months. To see you talk about the slow climb from Professional I know you didn't life skill long enough Depending on the life skill master is relatively easy to get. The whole point isn't to see the "bar go up" as you state the higher the life skill the better it performs. Example: Fishing - at Master you can see all Hot spot nodes for exclusive fish nodes. Gathering - the less likely your durability drops and the better drops you get. Trade - the higher the trade skill the more money you make per trade. Processing - at Guru you have the best rates on every item (some items stop a different levels but Guru is the cap for all) It's the same for ALL life skills each rank gives you a something beneficial you just may not see the exact result like adding a skill with skill points.  It's a Korean GRIND MMO. This is not an American Made MMO, or not a JRGP MMO. The Korans are crazy, but I love them. 

1 hour ago, Wild Marshmallow said:

As I said in my previous comment, there are many videos on youtube showing the same shallow reality I talked about in this game. Just search youtube for "why people quit the bdo experience".

dude are you serious those are ALL OLD VIDEOS. ALL of them are back playing black desert.... 

5 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

I...uh... I'm sorry?  I think you picked the wrong game to play..... Final Fantasy 14, Elder Scrolls Online, and World of Warcraft all have what you were looking for: holy trinity, Vast amounts of story quests, very buggy PvP (looking at you ESO). Expect this game has a lot more to offer than just one or two months. To see you talk about the slow climb from Professional I know you didn't life skill long enough Depending on the life skill master is relatively easy to get. The whole point isn't to see the "bar go up" as you state the higher the life skill the better it performs. Example: Fishing - at Master you can see all Hot spot nodes for exclusive fish nodes. Gathering - the less likely your durability drops and the better drops you get. Trade - the higher the trade skill the more money you make per trade. Processing - at Guru you have the best rates on every item (some items stop a different levels but Guru is the cap for all) It's the same for ALL life skills each rank gives you a something beneficial you just may not see the exact result like adding a skill with skill points.  It's a Korean GRIND MMO. This is not an American Made MMO, or not a JRGP MMO. The Korans are crazy, but I love them. 

No, I didn't pick the wrong game to play and I experienced everything in 2 months. Nothing else new to see, everything gets repetitive in 1 or 2 months. It's not about the holy trinity. BDO has no classes because all the classes are the same, just a copy & paste of each other with the same powers and weird korean names, I would like some variety. Yeah I did lifeskill long enough, I said "professional" as just an example. I know all that and experienced it. Sure going up in trade gives you more money, for what? Only to see a bar go up, nothing more. My point remains valid. You grind trade to see an each time smaller % tiny bar go up.

6 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

dude are you serious those are ALL OLD VIDEOS. ALL of them are back playing black desert.... 

So what? They still make valid points. I can go back to the game as well for a short period to see what's new, like they did. The guy in the first video really sums up well the experience and why most people quit by level 56 or 58 when they realize the amount of grind needed and the rewards are almost non existant, no point. 

1 minute ago, Wild Marshmallow said:

No, I didn't pick the wrong game to play and I experienced everything in 2 months. Nothing else new to see, everything gets repetitive in 1 or 2 months. It's not about the holy trinity. BDO has no classes because all the classes are the same, just a copy & paste of each other with the same powers and weird korean names, I would like some variety. Yeah I did lifeskill long enough, I said "professional" as just an example. I know all that and experienced it. Sure going up in trade gives you more money, for what? Only to see a bar go up, nothing more. My point remains valid. You grind trade to see an each time smaller % tiny bar go up.

If I remember correctly, Valks awakening skills are french. I think other classes pull from other languages. Not just Korean. Your point isn't valid and informed, I'm sorry. Just because you are using trade as an example I will to. Artisan 2 is where you get the Difficult trade buff for Valencia trade. At Master 14 my current trade run I have made is worth 7.174 billion. If I would have done this SAME trade at Artisan 2 I would be set to lose 576 million silver. I promise you it's not a small percent you see on your life skill bar. 

Several Classes, have similar skill sets pre awakening - Ninja/Kuno, Musa/Meawha, Striker/mystic "similar but different", Witch/Wizard. Yet come awakening they all have their own unique game play and strategies. Your ninja comment in a prior post is also  misinformed as well. Ninja are amazing 1v1 2v1 classes but they do not do well in large 30v30 - 100v100 warfare. Which is why you always get ganked by one, they are extremely high burst damage but if you can catch them they die easier than you did. Get a ninja knocked down they are dead. You talk about no strategy you didn't learn the damage effects, frontal guards, I-frames, and Super Armor skills, these are what make or break PvP fights. Knowing what skills to use, where your I frames are if your class has then, knowing when to use non super armor skills, why back attack and down smash damage are so vital. Why you need to have your skill addons set right for pvp, what food buffs you should be using, what elixirs are good to have, picking which alchemy stone to use.

As a player who's been through most everything, I still learn something almost everyday about this game. 

19 minutes ago, Wild Marshmallow said:

So what? They still make valid points. I can go back to the game as well for a short period to see what's new, like they did. The guy in the first video really sums up well the experience and why most people quit by level 56 or 58 when they realize the amount of grind needed and the rewards are almost non existant, no point. 

Lazy Peon still streams BDO every now and then and is a BDO partner. He later made a video why he returned, but you fail to mention that video like a lot of other BDO players who made "why i returned to BDO" videos. 

This game changes so much, it comes down to what do you want out of it. The end game is PvP period. That's what everyone agrees to when they buy the game, knowing its an Open world PvP game, with a sandbox MMO to do what ever you please. So Gear and level matter a lot when it comes to pvp, the grind is what keeps you going. if we could all do dungeons and loot our "end game" gear and buy/sell it on the market this game wouldn't last long for "end game pvp" it would be just stale. The fact you can loose so much so quick (if you are dumb...) or gain so much so quick can really change how your play experience goes. 

As the OP was asking what do to with friends this game is about guilds/friends/and yourself. This game can do just about anything with friends. We push ourselves when we get down or having a run of bad luck, our guilds are communities (some are toxic some are amazing and helpful) our friends the support systems, but the game is about what do "you" the player want out of it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, x22 said:

Geez all i wanted was to know what i could with my friend 

TLDR - just about anything. It will come with some costs, but if friends are more important than you will never notice! Once T6 horses come into BDX you can actually ride with 1 friend and go anywhere on land together. 

11 minutes ago, x22 said:

@x22sorry, your thread got hijacked by strong opinions and emotion. 😞

I’m not a very good source since this will be my first time playing, but I can tell you that I have four friends who will be starting with me and besides actually role playing for fun, we plan on just enjoying the sandbox world and going on adventures together.

I myself, and a few of my friends, come from old school MMORPGs like Ultima online and EverQuest. That is part of the draw for us: some game mechanics that by today’s modern MMORPG standards are “outdated”. I’m talking specifically about no fast travel, penalty on death, complicated and in-depth systems that don’t necessarily hold your hand, and random number generators. 

Personally I am not worried at all about finding stuff to do with my friends! The world is big to start with and is apparently going to get huge in the coming months and years, so even just exploring and having a good time together late at night is enough for us

9 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

TLDR - just about anything. It will come with some costs, but if friends are more important than you will never notice! Once T6 horses come into BDX you can actually ride with 1 friend and go anywhere on land together. 

@NightingaleWait, are you saying that teir six mounts allow two people to ride? I think I read that wrong.

10 minutes ago, WeAreLegion said:

@NightingaleWait, are you saying that teir six mounts allow two people to ride? I think I read that wrong.

Yup, Tier 6,7 and 8 all have a skill called Two-Seater. Pure Breeds are the exception. That is the only skill they cannot learn. 

23 minutes ago, x22 said:

Yeah sorry about that, it's that troll that irked me off though but anyways, you can pve together, pvp, lifeskill together if you choose to, join a guild together for node wars and other stuff

3 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

Yup, Tier 6,7 and 8 all have a skill called Two-Seater. Pure Breeds are the exception. That is the only skill they cannot learn. 

Oh my God! Every day I learn something new about this game that just makes me love it even more! Yesterday it was how crazy detailed the farming system is, now this?! 3 AM cannot come soon enough!!

18 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

14 minutes ago, WeAreLegion said:

Oh my God! Every day I learn something new about this game that just makes me love it even more! Yesterday it was how crazy detailed the farming system is, now this?! 3 AM cannot come soon enough!!

To avoid missunderstanding  - t6, t7 and t8 CAN have two-seater, not every has.

2 minutes ago, Apo said:

To avoid missunderstanding  - t6, t7 and t8 CAN have two-seater, not every has.

Gotcha. The fact we can do this at all is sweet! 

5 hours ago, Hieraphant said:

Roleplay. Because everything in the game is a grind of one way or another. Killing for xp...grind. farm knowledge...grind. work on life skills....grind. wealth empire....grind. train skills...grind.

So if u wanna do something thats not an endless grind then roleplay. It is a role playing game

I like what Hieraphant said. The grinding feels good at times too. That feeling of progressing. Getting better at something. Love leveling fishing. You could go on a fishing trip with a friend:) Get a boat. You do notice your fishing improve in my opinion as you level it. So it’s not just something you do to watch the bar move.  You get better at spotting fish jumping. So you have opportunities to fish in different types of hot spots that at low fishing level you don’t see so sail right by it. 

On 2/28/2019 at 4:22 AM, Wild Marshmallow said:

If you read my arguments and you watch the videos, you understand some real reasons to quit, the game is shallow, gets repetitive fast with nothing to do after you've seen and experienced everything in 2 months. I've played other MMOs who have much bigger longevity, have lasted me for years, not every game is the same.

As for kids these days, it's sad, no brain, they are spoiled by parents who can't educate them properly, they are spoon fed everything. They spend a lot of money on full games like this one and don't even play it. When they launch the game they just want to ask other players for all the endgame items for free so they skip the whole game, not play it at all. It's so dumb, not the point of a game really.

Lol so say the guys who instantly busted out their credit card to play. Some people have lives and want to do epic **** like jump out of helicopters, not just sit and grind for nothing in a game.  if its grindy then I can see how that becomes super stale very quick.  Im excited to get some pvp in me. Hope they done that right :)

Posted (edited)

Its a game for crying out loud. So what if it gets boring after awhile? So what if we sink alot of hours in it??? As long as you are enjoying the game for the time being your playing it. For me personally this type of MMOs are my favourite and I will personally not get tired of BDO any time soon.

Edited by Dumbledore
N/A