[CM]Shirna

Loot Table Explanation

The list of loot available from the monsters at Balenos, Serendia, and Calpheon has been changed as follows in order to provide everyone with a more convenient gaming experience when looting items. This is to ease the inconvenience of dealing with the variety of items obtained through the monsters, inventory space and weight issues, and the issue of having to continuously loot the items.

The following items will no longer be available through monsters you defeat in Balenos, Serendia, and Calpheon:
-Silver
-Various materials (gemstones, timber, hide, etc.)
-Trade goods
-Certain Magic Crystals

In addition (Balenos and Serendia monsters will not drop)
-Yuria, Bares, Hesus, Elisha, Kalis, Talis accessories
-Rebar, Reblath, Agerian, Taritas, Zereth, Talis armor
-White/Green grade weapons, sub-weapons

The chance to obtain vendor items from defeating monsters in Balenos, Serendia, and Calpheon has been greatly reduced. (meaning they will drop less frequently)
However, the value of the vendor items has increased so that you get less items for more silver (which is why silver no longer drops in the loot) . You can expect the similar level of profit through obtaining these items.

Also, the chance to obtain Black Stone (Armor) and Black Stone (Weapon) has increased when defeating monsters in Balenos, Serendia, Calpheon and there is a chance to obtain Ancient Spirit Dust when defeating monsters there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iamJay9619 said:

Do you guys plan on doing anything to get xbox up and running tonight?

I had to delete my saved data to get mine to work

I think the drop rate is to low at this moment. I did the repeatable to kill 85 altar imps (lvl 20ish) and got about 30 Trumpets while during beta I got more that 200 during that quest...

Can the drop rate for trade goods be increased? As well as the the rate that we get some silver. Now we get barely nothing.

5 hours ago, Prolix said:

I think the drop rate is to low at this moment. I did the repeatable to kill 85 altar imps (lvl 20ish) and got about 30 Trumpets while during beta I got more that 200 during that quest...

Can the drop rate for trade goods be increased? As well as the the rate that we get some silver. Now we get barely nothing.

While the rate is decreased the silver per item is increased to make up for it. What the loot change is doing is making it so you don't loot as much but still earn around the same amount.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Prolix said:

The trumpets in beta were worth far less than they are now. 

hey me and my brother share games on xbox and we saved to to buy the $100 version of black desert online as we usually do for every other xbox games. My brother isn't able to connect to the servers but I can. I just wanted to know if there is game sharing disabled or he has to wait for official launch?

On 3/1/2019 at 4:28 AM, [CM]Shirna said:

The chance to obtain vendor items from defeating monsters in Balenos, Serendia, and Calpheon has been greatly reduced. (meaning they will drop less frequently)
However, the value of the vendor items has increased

Hi Shirna!  :)

First, I'd like to apologize for NOT knowing how to use emotes in-game.  -My toon kept kneeling and rising, in front of you, while I had fiddled with the controls!  /smh

Btw, I too had played BDO on PC since launch.  Gotta say that THESE drop rates for BDX are far SUPERIOR!  Less crap; less trips to town to unload; less fiddling with INV.

Have the mobs drop LESS junk and provide better gear; but, it's also true players will have more continuous fun with less interruptions.  While it also may be true that Pearl Shop purchases for weight allowances might be less, but you shall have happier players; MORE players due to quality of life improvements; and a tons of good will.  

Marixi

P.S.  Shirna, next time, I will KNOW how to wave!  

Posted (edited)
On 3/2/2019 at 3:41 PM, IsumaForever said:

I feel like this makes pets not worth it at all. Drop rate feels super low. 

On the contrary, I now feel like my pets aren't as useless anymore. I mean as it is right now on xbox you will never miss any loot with 4 pets even at tier 1. 4 pets is 40ish dollars. So from my point of view, this is how it should always have been. On pc you are hard press to spend up to 200$ to get a full set of tier 4 pets just so you don't miss on loot.

The xbox team is showing a lot of good will and I honestly am thrilled by how they dealt with having to buy weight upgrades and inventory slots for EVERY character just to be able to play without interruption. 

That is now a thing of the past. 

Cheers! 

Edited by Undyinghero
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/1/2019 at 6:28 AM, [CM]Shirna said:

The list of loot available from the monsters at Balenos, Serendia, and Calpheon has been changed as follows in order to provide everyone with a more convenient gaming experience when looting items. This is to ease the inconvenience of dealing with the variety of items obtained through the monsters, inventory space and weight issues, and the issue of having to continuously loot the items. 

The following items will no longer be available through monsters you defeat in Balenos, Serendia, and Calpheon:
-Silver
-Various materials (gemstones, timber, hide, etc.)
-Trade goods
-Certain Magic Crystals

In addition (Balenos and Serendia monsters will not drop)
-Yuria, Bares, Hesus, Elisha, Kalis, Talis accessories
-Rebar, Reblath, Agerian, Taritas, Zereth, Talis armor
-White/Green grade weapons, sub-weapons

However, the value of the vendor items has increased so that you get less items for more silver (which is why silver no longer drops in the loot) . You can expect the similar level of profit through obtaining these items.

Also, the chance to obtain Black Stone (Armor) and Black Stone (Weapon) has increased when defeating monsters in Balenos, Serendia, Calpheon and there is a chance to obtain Ancient Spirit Dust when defeating monsters there.

🗣️...Let me get this straight.... In a game about decision making and not taking a streamlined path to develop your game experience, you guys decided that "removing" content from the game to reduce inventory space was a good idea? This pretty much reduces the uniqueness of Black Desert from being a game heavily in crafting, that still has a loot based drop system for weapons and equipment, to a another typical "run to the NPC to buy your gear" game. Reducing options is not a good idea, and I don't know anyone that asked for this.

Why on earth would you guys reduce the option of variety and choice in a game all about variety and choices? This is a bad idea. It's a sandbox MMORPG built around the concept of constant items being collected, and that's why you have storage management, pets, extra bag space, extra storage space, etc....    I hope this decision will be reversed immediately. It's counterproductive to what the game is all about. Reduce the drop rate, if you guys are worried about NPCs not getting enough love, but having them not drop at all is just a bit extreme.

Edited by Wiseman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wiseman said:

🗣️...Let me get this straight.... In a game about decision making and not taking a streamlined path to develop your game experience, you guys decided that "removing" content from the game to reduce inventory space was a good idea? This pretty much reduces the uniqueness of Black Desert from being a game heavily in crafting, that still has a loot based drop system for weapons and equipment, to a another typical "run to the NPC to buy your gear" game. Reducing options is not a good idea, and I don't know anyone that asked for this.

Why on earth would you guys reduce the option of variety and choice in a game all about variety and choices? This is a bad idea. It's a sandbox MMORPG built around the concept of constant items being collected, and that's why you have storage management, pets, extra bag space, extra storage space, etc....    I hope this decision will be reversed immediately. It's counterproductive to what the game is all about. Reduce the drop rate, if you guys are worried about NPCs not getting enough love, but having them not drop at all is just a bit extreme.

Actually its working very nice and since when in bdo do they ask if you want something to change? They change what they feel is fit and you roll with or dont play.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bnews757 said:

Actually its working very nice and since when in bdo do they ask if you want something to change? They change what they feel is fit and you roll with or dont play.

Working very nice in what way? Discuss the game. I'm well aware of what I can do. I'm a consumer. Not sure if you are aware of how business works in the gaming world, but all of the "known issues" and the purpose of a forum is to discuss and address the game...

Let them address it (or not..as you stated) . Leave the cape crusading to the movie business. Saying "yes" to everything does just as much damage as a constant "no". That's why it's called a "gaming community". Everyone doesn't have to agree. I think the loot drops made the game less streamlined and gave more variety to to a goal.

"It worked better".   Can I play the game and speak on issues? smh

Edited by Wiseman
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Wiseman said:

Working very nice in what way? Discuss the game. I'm well aware of what I can do. I'm a consumer. Not sure if you are aware of how business works in the gaming world, but all of the "known issues" and the purpose of a forum is to discuss and address the game...

Let them address it (or not..as you stated) . Leave the cape crusading to the movie business. Saying "yes" to everything does just as much damage as a constant "no". That's why it's called a "gaming community". Everyone doesn't have to agree. I think the loot drops made the game less streamlined and gave more variety to to a goal.

"It worked better".   Can I play the game and speak on issues? smh

What variety lol end game goal is the same for everyone "all boss gear" you might get fancy and swap heve in there for evasion but pretty much everyone will be shooting for boss gear, kzarka, nouver, kutum. Looting is working as intended doesnt clog up inventory with useless junk every 1 or 2 mins. Great change. Don't have to agree but its not going to change so just deal with it.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bnews757 said:

What variety lol end game goal is the same for everyone "all boss gear" you might get fancy and swap heve in there for evasion but pretty much everyone will be shooting for boss gear, kzarka, nouver, kutum. Looting is working as intended doesnt clog up inventory with useless junk every 1 or 2 mins. Great change. Don't have to agree but its not going to change so just deal with it.

This is the problem. You think it's alright to ignore everything about the game, because everyone is addicted to focusing on end game gear. Everything before the end game shouldn't suffer.  I addressed the possibility of equipment drops, accessory, and weapon chance dropson mobs. Those have nothing to do with excessive inventory space...  Your argument doesn't even match my statements.                                                                                                                     I figured a shallow "everybody is focused on end game gear" response was lingering out there. It's just sad to see the excuse being used for tons of many players and "new" players that enjoy the game before those who are addicted to rng and complain about it get to dictate the entire Black Desert community. The streamlining should be started as late as possible. Your "you don't have to play", and "deal with it" comments are expected....And you don't dictate change. Since you just sit back and be quiet, and play..Practice it here. Dont change for me..                                                                                                                                                                         

I'm sorry that "variety" got in the way of your boss gear chasing. Can't have "variety" getting in the way of you chasing those couple of pieces right? 🏌️‍♂️..I get it. This is sad.

Edited by Wiseman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wiseman said:

This is the problem. You think it's alright to ignore everything about the game, because everyone is addicted to focusing on end game gear. Everything before the end game shouldn't suffer.  I addressed the possibility of equipment drops, accessory, and weapon chance dropson mobs. Those have nothing to do with excessive inventory space...  Your argument doesn't even match my statements.                                                                                                                     I figured a shallow "everybody is focused on end game gear" response was lingering out there. It's just sad to see the excuse being used for tons of many players and "new" players that enjoy the game before those who are addicted to rng and complain about it get to dictate the entire Black Desert community. The streamlining should be started as late as possible. Your "you don't have to play", and "deal with it" comments are expected....And you don't dictate change. Since you just sit back and be quiet, and play..Practice it here. Dont change for me..

+1 

Aparently when you hit lvl 50 you are forced to play pvp, anyone can just wonder over and kill you for no reason. I have zero interest in that. What I like about the game is the ability to craft, gather, fish, explore. I hate that your punished by the energy system if you choose to do anything but combat and the fact you cant get crafting materials by combat is annoying.

Not everyone enjoys pvp.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, TheDaveStream said:

+1 

Aparently when you hit lvl 50 you are forced to play pvp, anyone can just wonder over and kill you for no reason. I have zero interest in that. What I like about the game is the ability to craft, gather, fish, explore. I hate that your punished by the energy system if you choose to do anything but combat and the fact you cant get crafting materials by combat is annoying.

Not everyone enjoys pvp.

👍🏿👍🏿👍🏿👍🏿 enjoy what ya do lol

On 3/10/2019 at 8:41 PM, TheDaveStream said:

+1 

Not everyone enjoys pvp.

I agree, I feel like if you don’t have yourself flagged for PVP then you shouldn’t have to worry about someone coming up and killing you when you’re AFK (even in some of the towns they can still do this) or while you’re already fighting a group of mobs. 

On 3/2/2019 at 5:30 PM, vweblex said:

hey me and my brother share games on xbox and we saved to to buy the $100 version of black desert online as we usually do for every other xbox games. My brother isn't able to connect to the servers but I can. I just wanted to know if there is game sharing disabled or he has to wait for official launch?

There is no game sharing for BDO. You both need a separate copy to play.

9 minutes ago, Atreuss said:

There is no game sharing for BDO. You both need a separate copy to play.

wrong i can with my stepson on a dif xbox like every game bought you can gameshare