Sign in to follow this  
WeAreLegion

Heat Shimmers in Game?

Kind of an odd question but I noticed in game outside there seems to be "heat shimmers" here and there.  Like the effect when its hot out and the sun throws up distorting waves of heat from pavement, you know?

Do they serve a game mechanic? Are they supposed to be denoting hot spots in temperature?

Or is it a graphical bug?  I don't have a picture right this second, I could try and get one from a video but they are hard to notice anyhow.  Just curious.

Loving the game! Can't wait to get home from work!

1 minute ago, WeAreLegion said:

Kind of an odd question but I noticed in game outside there seems to be "heat shimmers" here and there.  Like the effect when its hot out and the sun throws up distorting waves of heat from pavement, you know?

Do they serve a game mechanic? Are they supposed to be denoting hot spots in temperature?

Or is it a graphical bug?  I don't have a picture right this second, I could try and get one from a video but they are hard to notice anyhow.  Just curious.

Loving the game! Can't wait to get home from work!

I've seen that effect sometimes I honestly thought it was just a texture bug or some kind of dynamic resolution at play when the screen is full of char models etc

1 minute ago, Dejitaru said:

I've seen that effect sometimes I honestly thought it was just a texture bug or some kind of dynamic resolution at play when the screen is full of char models etc

Normally I would think the same thing...but the crazy detail and systems in game made me wonder if it had a purpose.  LOL

Yeah,  I think it’s related to shake. When I go semi afk and stand in a busy place, every time I get shoulder bumped I notice those heat waves appear. 

22 minutes ago, Hardcore said:

Yeah,  I think it’s related to shake. When I go semi afk and stand in a busy place, every time I get shoulder bumped I notice those heat waves appear. 

So maybe it’s a sound-wave thing?

I noticed fighting some big thing when it roared the effect came again...more like a bubble/wave like a Mythbusters slow-mo explosion.

Many how I don’t hate, just wondering.