maXmood

Selections jump to the top at random times. Also, Controller gets disconnected

Posted (edited)

1- There is an issue where you're on anything that shows multiple choices (inventory for example), the cursor (or whatever you want to call it) jumps back to the top of that table of choices.. e.g. if you're in the inventory and you've highlighted an item on the bottom of your bag, it will jump back to the first top-left item in the inventory.. 

this has also happened when i was selling stuff to the general vendor, i was scrolling through the drops i got and i wanted to sell something, it jumped back to the top as i was pressing the button and i sold something that i didn't wanna sell!

i thought this was because of my controller drifting, but it's happening with the new controller out of the box.

2- Controller gets disconnected at random times, in the middle of fights and it's not because of the controller or batteries.. also, this is has happened on the old controller and a new one out of the box.. tried it on other games, but nothing of that sort is happening..  what exactly happens is, the controller goes dead and unresponsive while it's still on.. i mean, the guide button is still lit, but pressing/holding it doesn't do anything and this message appears (below).. the only way is to remove the battery and re-insert it to get it to work again.. 

20190301_224937.thumb.jpg.7d2cd71c3ab317dc0f02c47ffdafcbf1.jpg

Edited by maXmood
  • Like 4

Issue #1 is happening to everybody I know who plays. It makes it almost impossible to sell, use the market, craft, you name it. Other than this issue all my friends are loving this game! Please fix this soon!

• Like 1

Yeah, it's very annoying. Please make it higher priority bug, every guildmate has this bug too.

I would recommend to anyone considering this game to wait until some of the major bugs are repaired, and this bug in particular is being ignored so far. This is the the only game I have ever played which makes me turn it off in frustration because basic functions just aren't working. However if you enjoy the challenge of battling your menu selector to see if you can move it right before it moves itself back to the left, then this game may be for you.

The first option happens to some people even me but it's not that annoying since it's not often however the second problem might be your controller, batteries,  the xbox or something else affecting the connection or controller. 

Posted (edited)

I was coming here to post about this, but I'll just co-sign here instead.

Constant clicking noise, and every time I am in any menu, the selection jumps back to the top.

and the clicking...it's constant, literally every second when I am in a town. even if I turn my controller completely off.

he clicking seems to lessen a bit when I am in combat zones.

Edited by JayMadIV

2 hours ago, HunterX said:

The first option happens to some people even me but it's not that annoying since it's not often however the second problem might be your controller, batteries,  the xbox or something else affecting the connection or controller. 

definitely not the controller, i turned my controller off and sat and listened to the clicking for a good 5 minutes to make sure.

It is not the controller. I have a 2nd controller that I tried and made no difference. I also tried plugging the controller in - batteries out - batteries in. It also works just fine in the text editor/keyboard simulator part of the game - the problem seems to be in all the menus.

5 hours ago, HunterX said:

it's not the controller, believe me.. it only happens on this game. and it's happening with my old and new controller (out of the box) with new batteries as well.. 

20190306_192729.thumb.jpg.758576b67adcfefc84807e5838ce2ff6.jpg

the whole controller goes unresponsive, it doesn't turn off, it just stays on without anything functioning.. i have to remove the batteries and reinsert them, power on and then have fully functionality again..

On 3/3/2019 at 11:20 PM, maXmood said:

1- There is an issue where you're on anything that shows multiple choices (inventory for example), the cursor (or whatever you want to call it) jumps back to the top of that table of choices.. e.g. if you're in the inventory and you've highlighted an item on the bottom of your bag, it will jump back to the first top-left item in the inventory.. 

this has also happened when i was selling stuff to the general vendor, i was scrolling through the drops i got and i wanted to sell something, it jumped back to the top as i was pressing the button and i sold something that i didn't wanna sell!

i thought this was because of my controller drifting, but it's happening with the new controller out of the box.

2- Controller gets disconnected at random times, in the middle of fights and it's not because of the controller or batteries.. also, this is has happened on the old controller and a new one out of the box.. tried it on other games, but nothing of that sort is happening..  what exactly happens is, the controller goes dead and unresponsive while it's still on.. i mean, the guide button is still lit, but pressing/holding it doesn't do anything and this message appears (below).. the only way is to remove the battery and re-insert it to get it to work again.. 

20190301_224937.thumb.jpg.7d2cd71c3ab317dc0f02c47ffdafcbf1.jpg

You are sooooo not alone on these issues!!! 

Myself and many in my guild are having this problem. Selections just jump back up and left constantly. Please fix as it makes using menus impossible and a good portion of the game is then unplayable.

Posted (edited)

I would also add that it is responsible for me deleting many items that I didn't want deleted, purchasing many items I didn't want to purchase, adding additional ingredients to grafting windows, and selling things I didn't want sold as the cursor moved at precisely the wrong moment.  selling items to vendors is no biggie but I deleted a stack of items that really stung this morning due to this bug.  It's as if there is a constant process running that "refreshes" something and when it does the cursor resets to the first position.

++ for me

Edited by lancia12

i sold couple of things that were so expensive to re-buy.. 

the controller keeps disconnecting at random times. i've spent couple of hours on Apex Legends, it didn't happen once!