Sign in to follow this  
WeAreLegion

Farming: Can’t Plant Seeds

So as part of the fishing bait quest, the one where you give the caterpillar to the quest giver, I have created a small farm with a rented fence just outside of Velia. The quest steps say to interact with your farm by holding Y but I cannot get the prompt to come up. 

Is it because I build on uneaten land? (Sloped) Or that I think the farm is partially in the safe zone of the town? And how do I manually disassemble it to try again elsewhere? 

Thanks!

I figured this out last night after being stumped for too long so don't feel bad.

Hold LT when facing your fence while next to it (or standing inside) and you should see the interaction menu appear.  Hope that helps!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Strand the Man said:

I figured this out last night after being stumped for too long so don't feel bad.

Hold LT when facing your fence while next to it (or standing inside) and you should see the interaction menu appear.  Hope that helps!

Thanks!  I will try as soon as I’m able to get online tonight! I really want to get into the farming aspects as a fan of Harvest Moon, Rune afactory, and Stardew Valley, LOL. 

In all seriousness the farming system seems pretty cool, now I just have to figure out where the next step in the cooking quest line is.

Oh I thought it was some sort of bug this morning.  I was waiting for the Interaction Menu to pop up around it so I can enter the arrangement mode to place a seed.  I was feeling tired so I gave up and just went on to bed.  I would not have thought of holding the LT button.

53 minutes ago, HunterX said:

Yes LT is also how you can interact with players nearby.

I figured that one out but with my farm was trying to do it outside the fence.