Dr INF3NRO

Addressing issues with an un-finished game

There have been many threads lately that demonstrate a dissatisfaction with the latest game footage and news..

I know that most of you are frustrated and lost all patience already. Yes the team needs to address some concerns or at least do Bungie's Routine and say "We are listening". But all jokes and saltiness aside we got to adjust our selves to the current reality and act rationally.

Here's what i think -

We as a community shouldn't be harsh and emotional, we need to state our opinion about what we know and back it up with logical explanations.

It's easy to get excited and hopeful over a game but that only means we'll get disappointed easily with the result. The best way to handle it is to lower your expectations and wait for actual facts, if you don't like the result, state it in a reasonable matter and wait for a response. Also, most importantly - DON'T GET HYPED -

Hype destroys games.

Basically, there's no reason for the staff not to address an issue if its presented in the correct format.

Remember, this is an unfinished product.

Regarding what gameplay you saw in E3 or other sources: The footage is ALPHA. we don't even know what to expect in the BETA. Things may change.

Cheers.

Edited by Dr INF3NRO
  • Like 5

I'm frustrated, but I understand, theirs a lot  of reasons why its taking so long, and its not going to be "complete" ranging from the technical issues of dealing with a custom engine (not unreal or cry) to financial (wanting to stretch the life of the game). Then theirs the controls,  they have to fit a entire keyboard onto 14 input keys (excluding joy-sticks and home button) and they have to make it feel smooth if the choice up till recently has been rushed and plays like garbage, or delayed but it's gonna feel good and natural, then I'm gonna wait. I'm looking forward to playing it with all you guys.

• Like 1

Honestly I agree with you. Everyone is freaking out about the controls of it all and honestly they'll probably change the ui once more. Example. These are all the notable Ui changes that I've gathered through out the last year. They're all relative pretty different. So expect the Ui to change probably again or be tweaked. Most likely tweaked. The combat will definatly not stay this way. If so then pearl abyss had defiantly reached lvls of brain dead. The guy had other buttons and inputs to used instead of just the ring system, but probably found it and was shocked and continued to use it. So honestly for anyone who reads this. Don't be so god damn distraught from it. It's not going to stay that way. Also for everyone to know. Pearly abyss may have very poor communication skills, but they do watch. With translation and everything. It probably comes off as a bitch to get everyone's feed back and translation is never 100% correct. So in my advice everyone needs to calm the f*** down, and wait for more info instead of deciding your option from one guys video that was 5 mins long. Only 1 min was over combat. So everyone... relax.

IMG_2393.PNG

IMG_2394.PNG

IMG_2396.PNG

IMG_2397.PNG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

How can they address the issues and listen if Simon wasn't on the forums for over a week,  and the other cm's didn't even introduce themselves since beginning 

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Daniel said:

How can they address the issues and listen if Simon wasn't on the forums for over a week,  and the other cm's didn't even introduce themselves since beginning 

Yeah I feel you. But it dosnt mean the game is going to hell. There're probably reasons were not aware of as to why simon or other cm havent addressed our concerns yet. But seeing people claiming this game is bad and that they're leaving the community, seems a bit drastic for a game thats not even in beta..

• Like 2

I feel the controls issue was more constructive criticism. Pretty much as a community we agreed a wheel menu for abilities just isn't going to work, unless maybe as a quick slot but even then, not too sure.

• Like 1

I was at E3, it sounds like an excuse, but we got a lot of constructive criticism for the game from people who got a hands-on o.o I am now catching up with things here, so I can at least try to address some of the issues. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Welcome back

Thats great, i hope the game develops to everyone's expectations.

if you're allowed to share, We'd love to see any further gameplay updates in the future. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

Welcome back

if you're allowed to share, We'd love to see any further gameplay updates in the future. 

I would love to see some berserker gameplay, pretty much saw every other class besides that :) 

12 minutes ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

Welcome back

Working on it. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Betty said:

I would love to see some berserker gameplay, pretty much saw every other class besides that :) 

I play zerker, so sure thang. When I can, I will. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [CM] Simon said:

I play zerker, so sure thang. When I can, I will. 

Great, zerker-bud!

• Like 1