Sign in to follow this  
AnimeGamerWeeb

Turn OFF Server chat

For the love of all that is good and pure in this world...

How do i turn OFF Server chat but keep Guild chat open on the screen, i've tried everything.  The Xbox community (in just 4 days) is the most toxic community i have ever seen in an mmorpg.  My IQ drops every time i read anything these idiots write.  i tried pressing the select button to open chat and use LB to get to guild chat and then i close it, but server chat is still there, spewing this vile stupidity. 

if there is no way to do this, i am refunding the game.  i cannot stand these idiots.  it hurts my brain.

• Like 1

First off, no there is not a chat function to control what you see yet, it will come though its in the main game. Secondly welcome to BDO fam this is the community of open world PvP and PKers. If you think chat is bad? You will hate how your treated post lvl 50 when PvP is a constant threat to you. Sorry thems the facts. This isn't a snow flake friendly game for lack of a better expression.

Edited by MaimeSenpai

4 minutes ago, MaimeSenpai said:

This isn't a snow flake friendly game for lack of a better expression.

i have no problem with being offended, it's just the complete lack of anything productive being said in server chat.  They keep talking about the dumbest things that have zero to do with the game.  

Guess it's chat off (sorry guild chat!) until they patch a core feature of any mmorpg into the game.  

edit: i really have no plan on doing any pvp as i hate it.  i like doing dungeons and raids + playing the Auction house for amazing cash ;)

Edited by AnimeGamerWeeb

2 minutes ago, AnimeGamerWeeb said:

i have no problem with being offended, it's just the complete lack of anything productive being said in server chat.  They keep talking about the dumbest things that have zero to do with the game.  

Guess it's chat off (sorry guild chat!) until they patch a core feature of any mmorpg into the game.  

edit: i really have no plan on doing any pvp as i hate it.  i like doing dungeons and raids + playing the Auction house for amazing cash ;)

Wrong game there aint no dungeons lol

6 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

Wrong game there aint no dungeons lol

WHO MAKES AN MMORPG WITHOUT DUNGEONS!  

Well i am off to xbox.com to request a refund.  

Thanks i guess.

5 minutes ago, AnimeGamerWeeb said:

WHO MAKES AN MMORPG WITHOUT DUNGEONS!  

Well i am off to xbox.com to request a refund.  

Thanks i guess.

People that think outside the box lol. You seriously didnt research before buying???? Lol

Edited by Bnews757

Just now, Bnews757 said:

People that think outside the box lol. You seriously didnt researcg before buying???? Lol

Every single mmorpg ever made since the early 90s has dungeons.  Why would i have to research if this game has dungeons.  That's like asking if Madden 20 will have a passing feature. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AnimeGamerWeeb said:

Every single mmorpg ever made since the early 90s has dungeons.  Why would i have to research if this game has dungeons.  That's like asking if Madden 20 will have a passing feature. 

So you play games with out looking or researching features lol

22 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

So you play games with out looking or researching features lol

So you end every sentence with "lol" lol

Edited by AnimeGamerWeeb

1 minute ago, AnimeGamerWeeb said:

So you end every sentence with "lol" lol

Going back to work anyway thanks for the good laugh lol

Guys. 

Is it nessesary to scare people away from playing? Bad form. 

@AnimeGamerWeebgive it a shot, especially if you paid only $10. Don’t listen to the negative barkers who say the game is or isn’t a certain way. You might miss out on the best MMO experience if you turn tail and run. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WeAreLegion said:

Guys. 

Is it nessesary to scare people away from playing? Bad form. 

@AnimeGamerWeebgive it a shot, especially if you paid only $10. Don’t listen to the negative barkers who say the game is or isn’t a certain way. You might miss out on the best MMO experience if you turn tail and run. 

Bought the 50$ deluxe version :(   Not really into PvP or crafting.  Guess i can play for the Xbox achievements if Xbox denies my refund request.   The community in game is sooooo toxic. 

To shut off chat its LT + <-- then hit -->

Theres world bosses, pvp, lifeskills and bunch other stuff. Sitting in a city queuing for a dungeon then to hace people speed run...gets old. 

5 minutes ago, Hulkksmash said:

To shut off chat its LT + <-- then hit -->

Theres world bosses, pvp, lifeskills and bunch other stuff. Sitting in a city queuing for a dungeon then to hace people speed run...gets old. 

i've read somewhere the Koreans had plans to introduce a dungeon/dungeons for only the top tier to enter.. i'm not sure if they've done that already or not.  but if they did, it would be nice if PA can do the same for us. would be cool. 

Do players receive chat bans? The rampant xenophobia and racism is awful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AnimeGamerWeeb said:

So, I'm going to have to give you some bad news again I spect. Firstly there are "dungeons" but they aren't instanced so players pvp and compete for the spots at said dungeons. The bad part of said dungeons is that dungeon is a very loose term really its just an underground area where you'll be grinding a rotation. It's just as lame as it sounds unfortunately. Raids are also not a thing in this game. However there are scrolls and world bosses which are relatively close to a raid. Lastly there is absolutely no way to game the market for profits... at all. period. There is a taxation of 20% WITH the Value Pack from the pearl store(can be bought off the Market Place from other players though) and without the VP the taxation is closer to around 35%. With the Minimum and Maximum price limits also mostly controlled and kept within a certain margin  of each other, one can only assume they did this to dissuade market gaming and force grinding of some form to make gear score gains.

Sorry fam I can only emphasize on researching games before you buy them like someone said above. I know that these are all really against the norm of most MMO's at this point but thems the brakes homeslice.

~MaimeSenpai

Edit: I would like to stress that all those things aside I would really encourage you to at least try out the game for a while. You may find you enjoy it and can look past the draw backs of this game that you were looking for.

Edited by MaimeSenpai

1 hour ago, Bear said:

Do players receive chat bans? The rampant xenophobia and racism is awful.

It does happen occasionally but it's not as commonplace as you'd expect it to be, at least on the PC version. With Pearl Abyss actually controlling the game instead of Kakao like on PC, this may be less of a problem especially with how hard core the Chat Filter is on xbox as it is.

it's not a hard feature to implement since everything is already flagged in the system as Server, Whisper, Guild, etc.. i'm sure they can look into this in the future but it's not a top priority now. i just disable the whole chat when i'm out of town grinding, enable it again when i'm in town to do chores..

6 hours ago, AnimeGamerWeeb said:

Bought the 50$ deluxe version :(   Not really into PvP or crafting.  Guess i can play for the Xbox achievements if Xbox denies my refund request.   The community in game is sooooo toxic. 

Sorry your initial experience has been sour. The “community” has yet to really form yet so don’t give up! This game is an amazing sandbox that offers way more freedom of playstyle then some will make it sound like. My Dad has been playing for a year on PC on a large guild and has really not been into the PvP a whole lot. 

And he’s at endgame content...you can make your own endgame. 😉