Sign in to follow this  
Paladiex

Auto Loop Horse training freezes

Ive tried to auto train my horse by looping with carrots in my inventory. After about 30 min my controller disconnects and the horse stops moving. If I reconnect the controller the game doesnt recognize any button commands.

I play on NA.

I've had the same problem...almost every night.  I don't think this is a horse auto loop problem, but a controller problem so I'm going to bug report this as a controller problem.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:27 PM, Wikked said:

I didn’t find an auto path option, where is it?

Pick a point on the map (works best if you choose a straight section of road). You can hit X to head there directly, or choose LT + X to highlight in green. Then, select a second point the same way. You should have a simple loop appear leading back to where you started that your mount/wagon will follow when you press down on the left stick. You can add more markers to enlarge the loop, or try to stick to safe zones if you are a really cautious player. Left unattended the controller will shut off, and you will have to hit A twice after turning it back on to restart. If your internet connection isn't great, you might be sent back to the loading screen or log in & out again, which will stop the horse and clear the autoloop path. Annoying, but it is worse if you are left stranded in a combat zone while you are AFK. All I can suggest is to use a wagon- train multiple horses, and if it is destroyed the horses are not killed, so death counter/ breeding counter are unaffected. Also, might be good to run your auto-loop once to make sure it is obstacle-free. Running a horse into a wall for an hour= 0 EXP. Cliffs are not so fun either. BTW? Caution does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! You can run off a cliff inadvertently and your horse may rear up, but too late. It can also stop you dead in your tracks if you hit a pebble in the road.  

I usually watch the first loop. When I strength train loop it allows me to turn off the controller and still walk.

Will try with a horse later and see if I need a  cheap wired controller to train horses. Just started using the free t5 so it's on the list.