Namus

When you leave Xbox to afk fish do you turn off tv?

40 minutes ago, Mihari said:

Yes, since I'm playing on a 4K HDR monitor. I also opened the map, which seems to be reducing rendering power on the XBox. The fan is at least always off with this method.

correct. 

On 3/8/2019 at 10:58 AM, Daniel said:

Yes, but with the controller turned off the game disconnects me after some time, idk why, so I just put it on the cable and let it stay on. 

Change ur settings. I leave my xboxs on since day 1 with controller off

20 hours ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

I leave my one X on for afk activities and turn off my tv. No problem cause the game is actually doing "something" to keep it running. 

To save your console's life and lower the strain while afk start your cooking/fishing/processing and then open the town map. This will stop the world from rendering and unload your console from unnecessary hustle. 

Don't you come back to like a million notifications popping off?

• Like 1

First. Switch to a monitor. Tv gaming is terrible. Second its definitely safe. If you dont turn it off id suggest setting it to sleep when idle. Once xbox kicks into afk mode where your friends pop up it wills end the monitor into idle

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MakeumRage said:

First. Switch to a monitor. Tv gaming is terrible. Second its definitely safe. If you dont turn it off id suggest setting it to sleep when idle. Once xbox kicks into afk mode where your friends pop up it wills end the monitor into idle

TV gaming is terrible? Why on earth would you buy a console then? 

I can't imagine console gaming on anything smaller than 43 inch TV which I use. I wish I could get a 50+ lol..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MakeumRage said:

I understand the reason why people prefer monitors. But, xbox is a console, the vast majority play on tvs. There is only a few monitors that support hdr from my recollection. At those price tags you may as well get yourself a LG OLED. I play on a Vizio P series myself, it looks fantastic, has great color depth, and in game mode has a very reasonable response time. Although I do have a gaming monitor as a second screen right beside my recliner. Still, the tv is my primary, and the monitor is used mostly for active AFK duties when I'm watching shows/movies on the big screen. 

I bought a docking station for about £20 that you slot the Xbox into and it runs from usb into back of Xbox. It has 2 fans that run whenever the Xbox is on. Definitely makes a big difference you can feel the cold air coming out of the top vents. It also charges 2 batteries which are included, but I only use it for the fans.

Edited by OKAYIGETITNOW

Mostly yes, but if i autofish in the sea i let the monitor on so i can look around for hotspots pop ːp

And i have to feed an army of Goblins too x))

I personally don’t. I’ve had an issue the last few times where the game does something odd. It will disconnect me but will show the screen as if I’m still ingame fishing. I can still see the inventory and everything just can’t see my character, can’t move or discontinue fishing and it stops actually fishing.. for this reason I keep my TV on so that I can check it from time to time ensuring it’s actually still fishing, otherwise it was a waste of a night of AFK time.

On 3/8/2019 at 9:12 PM, Jacs said:

It's safe to turn off your tv, it will not effect your afk abilities. Ive left my xbox on 24/7 since launch. Fishing at night, and training strength for the 9-12 hours im gone for work. Console is still relatively cool to touch. Does not feel hotter then it would with just a few hours of play time. The one X is handling afk duties superbly! 

I think the OP was referring to it being safe for the Xbox and TV rather than the game.

On 6/26/2019 at 2:37 AM, Downtain said:

I personally don’t. I’ve had an issue the last few times where the game does something odd. It will disconnect me but will show the screen as if I’m still ingame fishing. I can still see the inventory and everything just can’t see my character, can’t move or discontinue fishing and it stops actually fishing.. for this reason I keep my TV on so that I can check it from time to time ensuring it’s actually still fishing, otherwise it was a waste of a night of AFK time.

That isn't your Xbox, that is the server going down. It happens weather your AFK or not. It happend to me bot afk and during battle. It sucks but it is BDO not us. In fact it just happened less than an hour ago.

Edited by Plasmastorm73
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 9:39 AM, Plasmastorm73 said:

That isn't your Xbox, that is the server going down. It happens weather your AFK or not. It happend to me bot afk and during battle. It sucks but it is BDO not us. In fact it just happened less than an hour ago.

Good to know. Though it was an issue on my end. 

On 8/8/2019 at 1:52 PM, oXweebleXo said:

Cant really do anything afk at it's current state. My game loads anywhere from 5-30 min. 

That sounds like an internet issue. My game loads just fine and I don't even have very fast internet. Just 10 Mb/s and I can play just fine. Yes there is some lag but nothing that causes severe loading issues.

i keep my xbox on at night to do afk stuff, sometimes i turn it off in the morning before heading to work, other times i just keep it running 24h.. no issues..

though i have a question, when i usually keep it on all night, the controller disconnects after sometimes, and when i check in the morning, often i can turn on the controller, click ok and be able to play normally, however, sometimes i can't do that.. i turn on the controller, but the game doesn't respond to button press or anything.. 

happens to anyone? how do you make it work? or how can i avoid this from happening? so i can repair or get mats and carry on what i was doing..

1 hour ago, maXmood said:

i keep my xbox on at night to do afk stuff, sometimes i turn it off in the morning before heading to work, other times i just keep it running 24h.. no issues..

though i have a question, when i usually keep it on all night, the controller disconnects after sometimes, and when i check in the morning, often i can turn on the controller, click ok and be able to play normally, however, sometimes i can't do that.. i turn on the controller, but the game doesn't respond to button press or anything.. 

happens to anyone? how do you make it work? or how can i avoid this from happening? so i can repair or get mats and carry on what i was doing..

The controller glitch used to happen to me every time when I turned it back on. Usually I'd have to pull a battery and connect for a second time and it would work. I don't know if it's just from the last update, but it has stopped happening to me. I turn on my controller, press a at just a regular looking gameplay screen, then the controller is disconnected screen pops up, hit a again a and it's back to normal. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jacs said:

The controller glitch used to happen to me every time when I turned it back on. Usually I'd have to pull a battery and connect for a second time and it would work. I don't know if it's just from the last update, but it has stopped happening to me. I turn on my controller, press a at just a regular looking gameplay screen, then the controller is disconnected screen pops up, hit a again a and it's back to normal. 

i'll try the battery pull next time and see how it goes