Sign in to follow this  
Cahendr3

Translation for new BDO players not migrating from PC

So other than bugs, my only real issue with this game is a lack of clarity for brand new users. There are many support pages created by PC players who understand the PC version, but my challenge is that much of it does not translate, as the xbox version is clearly divergent from PC at the least currently. One could argue "you have to learn the game like any other", however, there is a clear disadvantage to new players who are pitted against PC players. There's no way to avoid this altogether, but the biggest hurtles I have dealt with have to do with not knowing how a certain aspect of the game was intended to function, (from pc) to how it is supposed to function on Xbox. A PC player will recognize the similarities or differences, but to an xbox player, it looks like a bug at best, and completely non-existent at worse.

I guess what I am saying is that the PC version has a huge support system, while the xbox version isn't even developing yet. I have often been told to check PC guides (I have) and many are helpful in some areas. There is still however a large gap in translating between the two versions from my aspect as an xbox only player. Also, I can already see the gap widening in competition. Some farm areas are being patrolled by experienced PC players who I fear will eventually lock out newer players. If Pearl Abyss intended to expand their market to xbox players, then this gap might need to be addressed. If, however, this is just an extension platform for PC players to migrate to, then all is well and you can ignore this post altogether. I will say that I am enjoying the game immensely and would like eventually be able to become competitive. 😃

As ive mentioned to many new players ive brought into bdo, there are 1001 ways to play. Yes there is competition at high end areas, but there are suitable substitutes to that gear that more then prepare u for future content when that gear gets replaces.

Secondly, as ive told more casual or less pvp inclined players,  there is a whole network of life skills. You can build a wealth empire up rather then going out to fight for a grind spot. Then take the wealth and buy the items off the market. 

Personally my lvl 49 sorc is 115AP 135DP and i havent been out grinding since last sunday, just working on my wealth empire and grabbing gear and items as needed.

This is a sandbox mmo, it is a korean grind fest, and its a game that doesnt hold your hand for everything. Take your time, learn the game, find a guild that will share knowledge.

If u need any help just shoot me a message

33 minutes ago, Hieraphant said:

As ive mentioned to many new players ive brought into bdo, there are 1001 ways to play. Yes there is competition at high end areas, but there are suitable substitutes to that gear that more then prepare u for future content when that gear gets replaces.

Secondly, as ive told more casual or less pvp inclined players,  there is a whole network of life skills. You can build a wealth empire up rather then going out to fight for a grind spot. Then take the wealth and buy the items off the market. 

Personally my lvl 49 sorc is 115AP 135DP and i havent been out grinding since last sunday, just working on my wealth empire and grabbing gear and items as needed.

This is a sandbox mmo, it is a korean grind fest, and its a game that doesnt hold your hand for everything. Take your time, learn the game, find a guild that will share knowledge.

If u need any help just shoot me a message

Worker empire as main focus only works if you are online 24/7 and since console players more often than not dont want to leave their console on constantly grinding is their only viable way of getting silver.

1 minute ago, Namus said:

Worker empire as main focus only works if you are online 24/7 and since console players more often than not dont want to leave their console on constantly grinding is their only viable way of getting silver.

I dont see why not. Ive explained to many that it wont hurt it, just turn the tv off.  I left my OG xbox on for 8 months straight non stop and had 0 issues so i knew i would be able to do it for BDO.

4 minutes ago, Hieraphant said:

I dont see why not. Ive explained to many that it wont hurt it, just turn the tv off.  I left my OG xbox on for 8 months straight non stop and had 0 issues so i knew i would be able to do it for BDO.

Like i said in another thread there is a difference between keeping it on where it uses almost no power and produces no heat and keeping it on under full load. Also every chip is different some degrade faster under heat than others. In theory your console can last 5x longer than someone elses if u hit jackpot. Bdo is already expensive as it is just to enjoy it properly (pets for example) and wasting your consoles life expectancy on afk.

Edited by Namus

Well then my simple answer to the OP is make an alt and stay at 49.999% so u can go grind without being attacked.

Its hard to want to be a competitive player if you dont put in the time and effort others do(pc experience or not)

5 minutes ago, Hieraphant said:

Well then my simple answer to the OP is make an alt and stay at 49.999% so u can go grind without being attacked.

Its hard to want to be a competitive player if you dont put in the time and effort others do(pc experience or not)

Staying afk has nothin to do with time and effort and that is why its a bad design. Player who plays 5h actively but wont afk spends more time and effort for less gain than player who plays 3h and afk 21h.

12 hours ago, Namus said:

Like i said in another thread there is a difference between keeping it on where it uses almost no power and produces no heat and keeping it on under full load. Also every chip is different some degrade faster under heat than others. In theory your console can last 5x longer than someone elses if u hit jackpot. Bdo is already expensive as it is just to enjoy it properly (pets for example) and wasting your consoles life expectancy on afk.

As far as full load, on AFK Fishing, I start the fishing and then press the Xbox button and go to ‘Home’ (dashboard). The AFK fishing still happens, yet the fans...least on the X...slow down to idle speeds. I assume there is reduced load at that point.

Just make sure your auto-shutdown on the Xbox is off...

• Thanks 1