Jump to content
Striffee

Chat is terrible

Recommended Posts

Posting this here because it won't let me make a ticket. Also, should warn that the text in the images is super inappropriate.

 

I've played many MMOs over the years and I've never come across a chat this disgusting before. If you're in a guild with an active chat, you can't just simply "close your chat window" so you're stuck with this garbage. What we really need is either an ignore button/block list, someone from to staff get on a couple times a week to ban/mute these people or even just the ability to switch the default chat so it shows the chat you want, not every single one.

20190311_004203.jpg

20190310_235109.jpg

20190310_221925.jpg

20190310_215000.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all turn off chat and use discord app on our phones/pc to communicate when not on voice. As with many games people will abuse the system as long as their are no repercussions 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its like this on every server its beyond a joke tired of seeing these kids and you cant communicate with a full guild via voice it would be hectic everyone talking at once most have more than a few friends we need to communicate with at once so turning off chat is a no no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Hieraphant said:

We all turn off chat and use discord app on our phones/pc to communicate when not on voice. As with many games people will abuse the system as long as their are no repercussions 

How do you turn off chat? looked for an option yesterday and couldnt find one...but menus seem hidden other menus so I may of missed one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, TheDaveStream said:

How do you turn off chat? looked for an option yesterday and couldnt find one...but menus seem hidden other menus so I may of missed one

By default its in one of your ring menues. It will be on the right.  If not u can go to ring menu and place it somewhere.  You do have to turn it off every time u log in currently

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Hieraphant said:

By default its in one of your ring menues. It will be on the right.  If not u can go to ring menu and place it somewhere.  You do have to turn it off every time u log in currently

Thank you will track it down when I can next log on (works stupid insistance on me coming in everyday is somewhat restricting my game time at mo lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These people use put slashes and spaces to use their vulgarity with no real way to report it. Bunch of 10 year olds looking for attention. 

Their solution is to tell you to get a wife and have some kids then kill yourself, all while the char channel laughs about it.

So toxic. I read the chat to offer help to new people that isn't a fo Google it reply and people make it hard to tolerate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Doktar said:

These people use put slashes and spaces to use their vulgarity with no real way to report it. Bunch of 10 year olds looking for attention. 

Their solution is to tell you to get a wife and have some kids then kill yourself, all while the char channel laughs about it.

So toxic. I read the chat to offer help to new people that isn't a fo Google it reply and people make it hard to tolerate.

Yeah i focus on helping people here on the forums because of the in game chat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yup. server chat is just about the worst.

I hope at some point soon we get the option to just flat out leave Server Chat(not just hide it), so that we can still have Guild Chat up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JayMadIV said:

yup. server chat is just about the worst.

I hope at some point soon we get the option to just flat out leave Server Chat(not just hide it), so that we can still have Guild Chat up.

It would be nice to just change "chat channel" or edit what type of chat u see like most games have

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don't understand how some get away with making certain names as well. Chat is appalling, trollers, threats, pedos, predators, racists, political bs all going on constantly. Someone bring the hammer please.....

Edited by Atreuss
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a guild that's  full of them called Alpha i would start naming but they know who these people are themselves they literally go around different servers spouting disgusting things saying how nobody can do anything about it.

 

ideals noticed since Mon when the game officially opened there's been no GMs online at least not in our server something needs to be done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m shocked at the racial slurs. I don’t think I’ve eer seen that on any chat anywhere. The juvenille sex talk and bodily function fascination is bad too but I’ve seen that before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People trying desperately to one-up each other in chat with progressively more offensive comments, all while the rest of use are censored for words actually RELATED to gameplay? Either needs to be fixed, or get rid of censors altogether. People seem to use Discord & such to work around it, but the whole point of an MMO is to interact with others. Sorry, but if it doesn't work as advertised, it's broken.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...