Jump to content
[CM]Shirna

Black Desert Version 1.2

Recommended Posts

On 3/13/2019 at 11:45 AM, Yoiinkk said:

So you can no longer lose enhancements to pvp? May as well just stay red then.

They just gave greifers an open pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Koldstar said:

They just gave greifers an open pass.

It's funny but I hear two schools of thought on this, one that it's good and one that it's bad. 🤔

I'd love to see an actual discussion around the pros and cons of this change for those of us who are still new and wrapping our head's around it...maybe @[CM]Shirnacould offer his two cents as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pvp all the time, I'm also pretty relaxed as a player too (never go red or at least haven't yet). So for instance when I'm grinding and some random strolls into my rotation (before) I'd just out grind them. This showed them "hey it's not worth my time to grind here cause I'm just helping this guy grind", it also spared them from getting pk'd and having to run back from node or town. Option two, I out grind them they flag up and I proceed to defend my spot and they still leave, or they keep coming back which isn't karma bombing because I don't flag up on them and the process continues. 

Post update: Even as a relaxed player I feel like "eh why not just go smack this random into the dirt just because I can, cause the system basically screams for me to do so." Also for anyone saying "but we still lose gems" comon now losing gems is no where near the negative karma deterrent that losing enhancement ranks were. Also as someone said above if you are accustomed to being a red player you know to stack crystals for that very reason. Just like some people who ran red would just use the quest gear sets until out of negative karma. System was fine before with appropriate tricks of the trade to satisfy all. 

25 minutes ago, WeAreLegion said:

It's funny but I hear two schools of thought on this, one that it's good and one that it's bad. 🤔

I'd love to see an actual discussion around the pros and cons of this change for those of us who are still new and wrapping our head's around it...maybe @[CM]Shirnacould offer his two cents as well?

The school of thought that says its good are those that are PK happy and the school of thought that say its bad are those that either don't play this game as a mass murderer or enjoyed the balance of "I know I'm at risk in open world pvp but at least there is a consequence for them attacking me." That consequence is essentially gone now. So my advice to newbies gear up, guild up, run in a pack, grind with friends because its purely survival of the strongest now. See you guys out there. 👋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dredgious said:

The school of thought that says its good are those that are PK happy and the school of thought that say its bad are those that either don't play this game as a mass murderer or enjoyed the balance of "I know I'm at risk in open world pvp but at least there is a consequence for them attacking me." That consequence is essentially gone now. So my advice to newbies gear up, guild up, run in a pack, grind with friends because its purely survival of the strongest now. See you guys out there. 👋

Trust me I'm all for accountability and not a PvPer by nature...but I'd really like to hear the other side of the argument.  I can't believe that PA would just decide to make it easier for griefers.

Maybe I'm not understanding but doesn't this support those who fight back against the "murderers" as you called them?  What I mean by that is if you retaliate or defend yourself don't you now not have to work about loosing enchantments as well?

Or am I getting this wrong in my head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, WeAreLegion said:

Trust me I'm all for accountability and not a PvPer by nature...but I'd really like to hear the other side of the argument.  I can't believe that PA would just decide to make it easier for griefers.

Maybe I'm not understanding but doesn't this support those who fight back against the "murderers" as you called them?  What I mean by that is if you retaliate or defend yourself don't you now not have to work about loosing enchantments as well?

Or am I getting this wrong in my head.

If you defend yourself using the system no you don't have to worry about losing crystals or enhancements. Which means someone flags for pvp they attack you, now you can attack back without flagging up and are exempt from pvp consequences should you die. The new update doesn't change anything for those that fight back against griefers it gives griefers a pass basically. Pre & Post update defenders with positive karma never had to worry about crystal shatters or loss of enhancement from pvp. That was always a red player concern and that concern is now removed. Whether they intended to make it easier for griefers I don't know but the outcome is that they did. 

PS: If you are positive karma and initiate the attack on someone else and you die, you will not lose crystals either. Your only loss would be karma, once you go negative karma then you start losing crystals in pvp should you die. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dredgious said:

If you defend yourself using the system no you don't have to worry about losing crystals or enhancements. Which means someone flags for pvp they attack you, now you can attack back without flagging up and are exempt from pvp consequences should you die. The new update doesn't change anything for those that fight back against griefers it gives griefers a pass basically. Pre & Post update defenders with positive karma never had to worry about crystal shatters or loss of enhancement from pvp. That was always a red player concern and that concern is now removed. Whether they intended to make it easier for griefers I don't know but the outcome is that they did. 

PS: If you are positive karma and initiate the attack on someone else and you die, you will not lose crystals either. Your only loss would be karma, once you go negative karma then you start losing crystals in pvp should you die. 

Ah I see!  Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2019 at 1:09 PM, Downtain said:

 

I already have the items you mention here and still completely disagree with you. The karma system is now to lenient. It was fine before. It was there for a reason.. to discourage people from PK when it’s not something the other player is wanting to do. The new karma system is complete garbage as it basically does nothing. 

The karma system is complete trash and should be removed altogether.

3 to 5 player kills send you red, player attacks you so you defend yourself and your karma gets lower (or you lose gems and voluntarily die to keep grinding out).

Being killed by a player and breaking a gem should return your karma to 0, at the very least.

 

This is a pvp game and if you dont like it stay in a city

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BrokenAzs said:

The karma system is complete trash and should be removed altogether.

3 to 5 player kills send you red, player attacks you so you defend yourself and your karma gets lower (or you lose gems and voluntarily die to keep grinding out).

Being killed by a player and breaking a gem should return your karma to 0, at the very least.

 

This is a pvp game and if you dont like it stay in a city

Not a pvp game at all or the karma system wouldn’t exist in the first place. The karma system is to lenient in my opinion. You don’t like the karma system and want to pvp freely then find a different game. The whole pvp system is the reason I made a new character which I will never go past level 49 on. If the karma system did get removed then it Should be changed so that if you have the pvp flag disabled you can’t be attacked by other players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...