Sign in to follow this  
Purifyy1

Saved Progress In Beta?

2 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

And that's why I asked if there was a basis or precedent for the question...has that happened before and which games? I have never seen a game transfer actual short term betas over to the game on realeas so don't understand why the question was asked. Please tell me where I said it was a "dumb" question... 

If that was your true intent you should have worded it better. I'm not going to iterate on it any further, it's pretty clear.

Edited by Dart

Just now, Dart said:

If that was your true intent you should have worded it better. I'm not going to iterate on it any further it's pretty clear.

From now on, I'll try to send all my comments past you to make sure they're worded correctly...🙄

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jammer480 said:

From now on, I'll try to send all my comments past you to make sure they're worded correctly...🙄

Just don't want anyone feeling like they can't ask questions ect. Not trying to "White Knight". 

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

1skgy2.jpg

Too late, the show over. Lets start a new thread and a new show!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

Too late, the show over. Lets start a new thread and a new show!

I got a question for new thread: Will black desert run on Xbox one X without fps drops? 

• Haha 1

On 7/7/2018 at 3:44 AM, Dart said:

If that was your true intent you should have worded it better. I'm not going to iterate on it any further, it's pretty clear.

From personal experience I'd recommend just ignoring them on the forums rather than trying to argue over or discuss literally anything with them. I'm unironically not sure if they even know what opinions they have about things.

I see the point you were making but it doesn't matter how valid it is with them, the conversation derails really quickly into this petty stuff. 

Impending tag team likely on its way to roast me for this comment

picture unrelated 

IMG_2278.JPG

• Like 2

On 7/8/2018 at 6:58 AM, Grass Beetles said:

From personal experience I'd recommend just ignoring them on the forums rather than trying to argue over or discuss literally anything with them. I'm unironically not sure if they even know what opinions they have about things.

I see the point you were making but it doesn't matter how valid it is with them, the conversation derails really quickly into this petty stuff. 

Impending tag team likely on its way to roast me for this comment

picture unrelated 

Oddly enough, no one has really answered my original "rude" question... aside from Tera, which games have allowed beta progress to carry over to the actual game? Are there any none-free games that allowed it?

At least my post was relevant to the thread(until non-contributing comments decided to attack)

Edited by Jammer480
  • Like 1

Actually the more I think about it, it probably wouldn't be a big deal if beta progress did carry over in this game in this particular situation as long as there weren't any major exploits available during the beta. There's already going to be players with huge advantage that have played on pc. Within a week, players with more time will be way ahead of those with limited time so beta progress would largely be irrelevant. So while I'm 100% sure it won't happen, I think the effect would be minimal aside from the angry players who didn't get a chance at the beta.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jammer480 said:

Oddly enough, no one has really answered my original "rude" question... aside from Tera, which games have allowed beta progress to carry over to the actual game? Are there any none-free games that allowed it?

At least my post was relevant to the thread(until non-contributing comments decided to attack)

Open Beta on PC(and sometimes consoles) Just means soft launch.  Nearly every mmo that launches into open beta carries your progress over, most never leave open beta as it is considered a launch. I have closed beta and open beta tested nearly every mmo that came out in the last 3 years and ones that are still in dev.

Edited by Rayvunous

11 minutes ago, Rayvunous said:

Open Beta on PC(and sometimes consoles) Just means soft launch.  Nearly every mmo that launches into open beta carries your progress over, most never leave open beta as it is considered a launch. I have closed beta and open beta tested nearly every mmo that came out in the last 3 years and ones that are still in dev.

Can you give me the name? Tera and Warhammer were actually early access so I'd say not really a beta. I have played a ton of beta's, mostly on console, and never saw one carry over. But all the ones I played the beta was usually just for a weekend and over a month away from when the game released.

Disclaimer: Just so everyone knows, this is not meant to be a rude question, so please do not interpret it as such. I'm just curious if this is actually something PA would consider doing.

• Like 1

okay, first off. Dont mix console and pc, console has game preview, which is essential same as open beta. On pc side every mmo that has launched in the past years has carried over open beta progress! Even black desert did it in korea and japan! Dauntless just recently launced into open beta and will not have wipes, unless told otherwise on pc, if game goes into open beta, there will be no more wipes. Even the best mmorpg out there moonlight blade is still in open beta and has been out for years lol

In my experiance with tons of xbox betas I'm gonna say this. Beta progress is generally not saved. A beta is for them to have people test out stuff and change in time for release. Even destiny betas didn't transfer over. A beta and soft launch are two completely different things behind the scenes. Its not worth saving data for people who won't actually buy the game.The beta will probably be a separate software from the actual game.

Also for the people who feel offended. There's a ton of people here from different backgrounds, cultures, and countries that are not the u.s., so it might come off rude when stuff is said but they weren't trying to be.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Rayvunous said:

ps early access is just paid open beta 🤣

OK, well then I guess maybe it's a matter of interpretation, I'd have to politely disagree. In my humble opinion, the purpose of a beta test is to determine if something will work, and it's not something they do right before release. I'm talking about a beta that is actually called a beta by the developers.

And I'd still like to see the names of which games did that?

Edited by Jammer480
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rayvunous said:

ps early access is just paid open beta 🤣

Unless you're talking about the Preview Program? That could be taken as an open beta but generally you have to buy the game to play it. I'm referring to early access, where you get to start playing the game a few days before.

Also you mentioned Dauntless, which is free to play. I specifically asked for what paid games allowed beta progress to carry over. But I guess like @Azuki said, it probably comes down to how different regions operate. 

And I guess as far as we know, Black Desert could end up being free to play but I would prefer not.

Edited by Jammer480
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

And I guess as far as we know, Black Desert could end up being free to play but I would prefer not.

I think its gonna be $40-$60 for base

• Like 1

I'm assuming the beta is going to just be paid early access given how the launch of bdo went on pc (this was the case in na I believe and definitely has been in other regions) unless the game is free to play and has an extremely aggressive cash shop which would be hard to get away with on console compared to pc. 

The precedent has been set there so I'm assuming there will be multiple packages you can purchase before launch, some of which will give you a week or two of earlier access to the "beta" than others along with other benefits. 

TLDR: Beta is likely just early access and I'd expect it to be short and have progress carry over.

If you want to try the game beforehand and not have your progress matter then you could fork out a couple dollars and play on pc, it's going to be about the same as that except with better controller support, a less messy ui, less content and an even playing field. 

Edit: There's also no point arguing over our opinions on it anywho, it could go either way admittedly and all we can be certain of is that we won't get an answer from pa until the last minute. I hope the forums are moderated better than this upon launch. 

Pic related

IMG_2046.JPG

Edited by Grass Beetles
Memes
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Grass Beetles said:

There's also no point arguing over our opinions on i

I agree on this most of the time, but it explicitly says that it will be a beta. And the beta looks to be free at that.

https://xbox.playblackdesert.com/#none

• Like 2

In Lineage 2 the Beta Players/Characters wasnt deleted. ... that was the best beta of all time. It was not free to play a very long time. 
For me beta`s are only a buying decision help. I dont like to spend a lot of hours if my progress get deleted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Azuki said:

I agree on this most of the time, but it explicitly says that it will be a beta. And the beta looks to be free at that.

https://xbox.playblackdesert.com/#none

I agree with you on this as well, I'm assuming that "beta" will be an open one that'll last about a week and there will be a closed beta beforehand that you can get access to from paying for a different bundle or preordering. I'm just basing that off what they've done with the pc releases and it's only speculation of course.

Either way, I'd guess the beta (be it open and/or closed) will be just before the release of the game and that progress would carry over as a result. If the beta doesn't roll straight into the full release then yeah, probably no saved progress.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Der_Gottkanzler said:

I dont like to spend a lot of hours if my progress get deleted.

I agree with this too and especially since the beginning of bdo is arguably the worst part of the game due to the under powered grind I think it'd be a mistake if progress doesn't carry over since I think it'd give a negative impression of the game to new people.

I don't know what you could do other than farm my brethren (grass beetles). There'd be no reason to do anything especially all the monotonous stuff you mostly have to do when you start off like killing weak mobs to get to the soft-cap and grinding contribution points. I guess you could go max on negative karma and protect the helms through pking or something but that's the only reason I'd have to play personally.

it would be nice if they let us keep our family name from the beta, even if we cant keep our charcter's/item's.

• Thanks 1

betas almost always reset after the beta ends and nothing carries over. thats the standard practice for game not just console games. in betas they give u access to a lot of stuff like for example in neverwinter and teras beta they gave the ability to buy shop items with free in game virtual money to test the cash shop. theres no way they would provide that and allow folks to just keep their progress. i would say dont go hardcore with the playing because u will be reset.

• Like 1