Jump to content
Natural Iodine

Can we talk about Amity ?

Recommended Posts

Does anyone else dislike this system? I honestly think it's a waste of Time and it's annoying. I was hyped for the update but the story has done nothing but annoy me as a player. Filling up Amity and building a Rowboat has been boring and drawn out... Please I'd rather do 100 fetch quest then do Amity. Anyone else fill the same or do I sail on this boat alone? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are not forced to do Amity unless the vendor/npc has something you want or need. Pretty much a completionist thing to be honest...talked to everyone and they all like me...etc.

I do the Amity mini game for those that I want to have best-buds for life skills. Fisherman here...so all the fish npcs will get my attention.

As far as the boat building, I wouldn’t want the boats handed to me for free.

This whole game is about consuming your time like a second job. So you have to plan on what you want to do and stick to that first. Get sidetracked on other things, the game will overwhelm you and frustrate.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Uberkull said:

You are not forced to do Amity unless the vendor/npc has something you want or need. Pretty much a completionist thing to be honest...talked to everyone and they all like me...etc.

I do the Amity mini game for those that I want to have best-buds for life skills. Fisherman here...so all the fish npcs will get my attention.

As far as the boat building, I wouldn’t want the boats handed to me for free.

This whole game is about consuming your time like a second job. So you have to plan on what you want to do and stick to that first. Get sidetracked on other things, the game will overwhelm you and frustrate.

 

Well said. 

I like it actually, more interactive then making friends in say the SIMs and you always have the option to just wave your way to friendship if you have the energy to spend. 👍🏼

Adds some forced role play in my mind as well...I have to devote time to “taking” with this NPC to get them to trust me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

only got into the Amity game like 2 days ago.. one to gain knowledge so i can speak to a High priest, and the other with a Blacksmith that once i hit 500 Amity, i can pick up items for 40k while he usually sells them around 250k.. wonderful!

so yeah, you don't need to do the Amity game with every other NPC, but only with the ones you want to get something out of. 

and about the boat, i definitely wanna build mine and don't want it handed to me.. :)

Edited by maXmood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Put my vote down on earning my boat rather than having it handed to me. I’m looking forward to the same sense of accomplishment my dad got from building his boat over the course of several months!

Now if the game was completely lacking in content, with nothing to do and they wanted to me to spend all that time building a virtual coach, I’d have a big issue with it. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the system...except when I’m told to fail to spark interest x times in a row and everyone is at 100% sparked interest. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Hardcore said:

I like the system...except when I’m told to fail to spark interest x times in a row and everyone is at 100% sparked interest. 

THIS. So much this. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Hardcore said:

I like the system...except when I’m told to fail to spark interest x times in a row and everyone is at 100% sparked interest. 

You probably have, but make sure to RB and LB on the npc wheel. There are always npcs that have lower %.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Uberkull said:

You probably have, but make sure to RB and LB on the npc wheel. There are always npcs that have lower %.

He’s right. I have NPCs with all 100% and still get the fail to spark interest challenges. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A.good deal of knowledge is locked behind this. You could just wave for 3 if it gets too hard. There are several npcs I do this for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WeAreLegion said:

He’s right. I have NPCs with all 100% and still get the fail to spark interest challenges. 

I always thought it was just a crapshoot and you were just picking at random hoping for the best. Rng like most of this game. Are you saying you'd able to see the level of interest on the wheel for each npc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, maXmood said:

only got into the Amity game like 2 days ago.. one to gain knowledge so i can speak to a High priest, and the other with a Blacksmith that once i hit 500 Amity, i can pick up items for 40k while he usually sells them around 250k.. wonderful!

so yeah, you don't need to do the Amity game with every other NPC, but only with the ones you want to get something out of. 

and about the boat, i definitely wanna build mine and don't want it handed to me.. :)

I've seen this and was wondering if it's worth doing not for the general armour but as a profit and loss thing visit worth getting the amity up buy the armour cheap and sell on marketplace for profit having looked into yet just seeing if you may have had the same train of thought? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I assumed this gear would be character bound to prevent selling 80k vendor items on the marketplace for 200k. I thought about it just to enhance my 40 durability plus 15 yuria, still might when I have spare energy to burn 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bickelsgaming@gmail.com said:

I've seen this and was wondering if it's worth doing not for the general armour but as a profit and loss thing visit worth getting the amity up buy the armour cheap and sell on marketplace for profit having looked into yet just seeing if you may have had the same train of thought? 

thought about it, but never really checked if it's possible or not.. i was just trying to get my durability up so i can go grinding lol.

but keep in mind, you can only do so much.. i mean, after couple of purchases, the energy required to do the conversation goes up. also, when you hit the target amity, you have access to the store to purchase only 1 item.. 

i'll check it out tonight and see if it's a viable option.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jacs said:

I always thought it was just a crapshoot and you were just picking at random hoping for the best. Rng like most of this game. Are you saying you'd able to see the level of interest on the wheel for each npc. 

Yeah once you realize that it shows the % to succeed and then start to strategically use the "bonuses" it starts to make more sense!

I love it and planned on doing more last night...but I stumbled onto the Otter fishing quest line. :|

LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I also see some npc who have nothing to offer yet you can still increase their amity, is that just for role play, etc, or will they say something different, etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, HunterX said:

So I also see some npc who have nothing to offer yet you can still increase their amity, is that just for role play, etc, or will they say something different, etc?

I think I've each npc may date only one person. And you need a pile of amity to be #1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jacs said:

I think I've each npc may date only one person. And you need a pile of amity to be #1

Ummm...”date”? I’m sure that’s a type-o. We don’t date NPCs. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, WeAreLegion said:

Ummm...”date”? I’m sure that’s a type-o. We don’t date NPCs. Lol

apparently it's a thing which is interesting but I am sure it's not in xbox yet, I would prefer if this could be like fable where you just marry a random npc after making them like you and then have them give you a meal or so daily or something as a bonus.

http://dulfy.net/2018/06/13/black-desert-npc-dating-guide/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WeAreLegion said:

Ummm...”date”? I’m sure that’s a type-o. We don’t date NPCs. Lol

No typo, but I deffinitely had an incomplete sentence lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jacs said:

No typo, but I deffinitely had an incomplete sentence lol

So...is there a “romance” machanic in game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WeAreLegion said:

So...is there a “romance” machanic in game?

I'm not to well versed in it. But there is. Many people said it's not worth it, as you have to be #1 in amity with that npc from what I understand. And over a certain amity threshold. Which from I hear is super high. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found this and quote "NPC dating is a new mini game added to Black Desert Online available to select NPCs. The idea is that you give gifts to a NPC (anything that can be sold on the marketplace under 50 million) and then gain amity with them until you reach 1000 amity with them. Once you reach that threshold,. you can confess your love to them. However, whether or not you will get accepted depends on your amity with that NPC vs the amity of other players with the same NPC. The higher your amity is, the better chance of your proposal being accepted. You will find out after the maintenance and the “love” lasts only a week unless you maintain the highest amity again next week." Not my type of "dating" way too competitive and a title isn't worth the trouble personally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2019 at 6:47 AM, maXmood said:

thought about it, but never really checked if it's possible or not.. i was just trying to get my durability up so i can go grinding lol.

but keep in mind, you can only do so much.. i mean, after couple of purchases, the energy required to do the conversation goes up. also, when you hit the target amity, you have access to the store to purchase only 1 item.. 

i'll check it out tonight and see if it's a viable option.. 

Had a check myself armour is 46,000 with amenity and I think general price on market is 40,000 so my thoughts are incorrect but was worth a look would of helped new players get a little cash in for bigger things if they didn't wanna crste or do processing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HunterX said:

I found this and quote "NPC dating is a new mini game added to Black Desert Online available to select NPCs. The idea is that you give gifts to a NPC (anything that can be sold on the marketplace under 50 million) and then gain amity with them until you reach 1000 amity with them. Once you reach that threshold,. you can confess your love to them. However, whether or not you will get accepted depends on your amity with that NPC vs the amity of other players with the same NPC. The higher your amity is, the better chance of your proposal being accepted. You will find out after the maintenance and the “love” lasts only a week unless you maintain the highest amity again next week." Not my type of "dating" way too competitive and a title isn't worth the trouble personally.

LOL that is nuts!  

Everyday I love this game more. (It’s #1 amity with me❤️)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...