Sign in to follow this  
Ghost tesla

Chat Toxic Situation

10 minutes ago, Hatefulsoul said:

You are the one making it a problem, because you cant get over it. It literally bugs the hell out of you that some one had the disrespect to type such drivel into your chat boxs as you think of it. If you literally just ignore it like I do there literally is no problem at all. You are also exaggerating the whole thing terribly. Most people do ignore it, the only people who dont are the minor few whi like you get upset,  and start wasting energy trying to make the other person up set for making you upset. 

Then you got legit insane people like the guy who just said it's all cause PC players, and other mmo paid people to ruin the chat to make the legit like 100 people who cant stand it when some one says garbage, and must seek retribution from them. Haha

As I said it ain't a problem you are making it into a problem that is not there. They obviously will add the ability to block people . You can already shut the chat off.  

I have no desire to "change" your mind...but your laboring under the decision that we are in the minority when in the end it is you.

That is what I choose to believe, that the majority of people are thoughtful and respectful...if the opposite is true, that they are selfish and cruel caring only about themselves, we're doomed.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Hatefulsoul said:

Yep I know man, once you lose any logic to stand on you gotta attack my name. It is why I made it after all. My points are just to much for most people, and are to brutally ture. So I leave my name for you to pass it off. Reality though truth is truth regardless of who brings it, or if you and your fourm buddies agree with me or not lol.

Which brings me to the last point of, I'll never understand why you feel the need to have people agree with you. Right up there with your need to punish any one who offends you. Well that's not true I do understand it, it's just basic human instincts. What I dont understand is why you cant control it.

Yea, ok...your solution to the hate in the world is to ‘look the other way’. Teach your kids that, sure that will make for a better society.

Almost amazing on what you type. All my points were literally common sense and are used in every TOS across AAA games. Yet you want some type of ‘freedom of hate speech’ in video games. You go keyboard warrior.

41 minutes ago, Hatefulsoul said:

You are the one making it a problem, because you cant get over it. It literally bugs the hell out of you that some one had the disrespect to type such drivel into your chat boxs as you think of it. If you literally just ignore it like I do there literally is no problem at all. You are also exaggerating the whole thing terribly. Most people do ignore it, the only people who dont are the minor few whi like you get upset,  and start wasting energy trying to make the other person up set for making you upset. 

Then you got legit insane people like the guy who just said it's all cause PC players, and other mmo paid people to ruin the chat to make the legit like 100 people who cant stand it when some one says garbage, and must seek retribution from them. Haha

As I said it ain't a problem you are making it into a problem that is not there. They obviously will add the ability to block people . You can already shut the chat off.  

There is a issue my dude, take the blindfold off and stop hiding behind if it doesn't effect me, it is not a issue. SINCE you brought the REAL WORLD into THIS TOPIC that you said was INTERNET issue, I will unravel your way of thinking.

Bullying is real,race,political,religion,kids,adults. Doesn't matter I'd it matters to you. It is a real thing. PEOPLE use this game as a escape from reality because they are tired of issues in life. We all have our troubles but they shouldn't be reawakened when you are playing a game. Gaming is a sense of escape for everyone. So for you to be numb to that is the issue. You have no voice because you do nothing to change it. To sit quietly while others are being beat up and you see it is not right? This is still real world we are talking about.

Back to gaming world. Regardless of it being messages. They are meant doe Ill intent and should be handled with real discipline. Regardless of how you feel, it is called rules. It is called civil interaction. And it is called being human. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ghost tesla said:

There is a issue my dude, take the blindfold off and stop hiding behind if it doesn't effect me, it is not a issue. SINCE you brought the REAL WORLD into THIS TOPIC that you said was INTERNET issue, I will unravel your way of thinking.

Bullying is real,race,political,religion,kids,adults. Doesn't matter I'd it matters to you. It is a real thing. PEOPLE use this game as a escape from reality because they are tired of issues in life. We all have our troubles but they shouldn't be reawakened when you are playing a game. Gaming is a sense of escape for everyone. So for you to be numb to that is the issue. You have no voice because you do nothing to change it. To sit quietly while others are being beat up and you see it is not right? This is still real world we are talking about.

Back to gaming world. Regardless of it being messages. They are meant doe Ill intent and should be handled with real discipline. Regardless of how you feel, it is called rules. It is called civil interaction. And it is called being human. 

YES, yes, and yes.

1 hour ago, Hatefulsoul said:

Hahaha alright there Alex Jones we know the frogs are gay. You forget your tin foil hat this morning hahaha. Saying some other mmo company hired people to make the chat toxic is right up there with the earth is flat.

Then trying to lump toxic people into PC players to fit your agenda, holy propaganda hahah.

Toxic much? I was just giving assumptions not that it's actually facts, I personally think it's just toxic people like you, people who parents don't love and who are lonely and instead blame and take their anger at others,  not my fault you arent liked my most, change your attitude keyboard warrior and before you start saying things like "oh yeah let's meet up" or whatever, let me tell you something,  don't underestimate me.

Chat is toxic, the reasons are mute. 

It needs a better reporting system or active moderation.

Everything else shouldn't take away from that.

Thanks for keeping it civil.

I keep chat on game info but it is toxic. These kids you worried about😮😎 are often contributing sadly. Go.listen to some in party chat they have such awful language ,obviously their parents don't hear them...😪

29 minutes ago, sunstar said:

I keep chat on game info but it is toxic. These kids you worried about😮😎 are often contributing sadly. Go.listen to some in party chat they have such awful language ,obviously their parents don't hear them...😪

I agree with the kids being part of the issue, that is why I said this game was created by adults and as adults we should be the ones trying to fix the issue. I can't help that parents never disciplined their children but we can take discipline through mutes,bans, or even let microsoft get involved. Out of all the issues over seen. Hate crime is where I get pissed at the chat. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ghost tesla said:

I agree with the kids being part of the issue, that is why I said this game was created by adults and as adults we should be the ones trying to fix the issue. I can't help that parents never disciplined their children but we can take discipline through mutes,bans, or even let microsoft get involved. Out of all the issues over seen. Hate crime is where I get pissed at the chat. 

Well if our community here could influence those we share the game with...we could put a dent in it. But ultimately we need the tools to do this. The ability to report inappropriate behaviors and then see consequences. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WeAreLegion said:

Well if our community here could influence those we share the game with...we could put a dent in it. But ultimately we need the tools to do this. The ability to report inappropriate behaviors and then see consequences. 

Indeed, but lets just say this has what 2 CMs and 1 GM? Looking over 1mil+ reports? Doubt they can all be handled. Why not hire moderators that are from the community to help them. Runescape did it and still is one of the most successful games and the community is involved in that way. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ghost tesla said:

Indeed, but lets just say this has what 2 CMs and 1 GM? Looking over 1mil+ reports? Doubt they can all be handled. Why not hire moderators that are from the community to help them. Runescape did it and still is one of the most successful games and the community is involved in that way. 

It makes sense but I can’t imagine they’re doing that on the PC version. The few voices from PC that I’ve spoken up make it seem like this apparently is not a problem there, so they must have a good system in place right? 

Keep in mind also that Microsoft has very little tolerance for any sort of abusive behavior on their platform. My son got a 24 hour suspension because he was spamming invites to another player. (He aent arouns 10-12 in reapid succession and the other player reported him) He was only nine and didn’t understand that that was actually a form of harassment. I suspect that if MS saw some of the screenshots of the chat logs there would be some action, but as I stated earlier I’d rather see Pearl Abyss dealing with this themselves. 👍🏼

4 hours ago, Vodkanroll said:

PA has an Operational Policy. On it you can read the restrictions over racism, hate, ect...

What we need is a GM that reads the chat or a button to report bad chat behavior. In that way PA could apply its policy and restrict some users.

regards!

While there is no option for this ingame, I have been able to take pictures on the chat and upload them to tickets pretty easily 

Is this some of you guys first mmo? Blow it off and disregard it. Hell...turn off chat. I say get rid of filter for most part and have some mods ban the serious offenders. The rest is standard chat in mmo these days. The majority is done for laughs and the shock factor to you people living in bubble. 

55 minutes ago, Hulkksmash said:

Is this some of you guys first mmo? Blow it off and disregard it. Hell...turn off chat. I say get rid of filter for most part and have some mods ban the serious offenders. The rest is standard chat in mmo these days. The majority is done for laughs and the shock factor to you people living in bubble. 

Far from it, you don't see the issue and not going to regurgitate this entire thread. But turning the chat off is a reason of concern in the first place White Knight. We want controlled chat and a less toxic environment for new people and community to actually be enjoyable not "segregated".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hulkksmash said:

I’ve been playing MMOs since they started so no, it’s nit my first. 

The discusion here has become about what’s right and wrong, and our place in shaping a community around a game we could very well devote several years too. 

Like @Ghost teslasaid, read the whole thread because I’m out drinking and don’t have the time or pacience to reiterate it. 😝

• Like 1

On Friday, March 15, 2019 at 6:53 PM, Ghost tesla said:

Far from it, you don't see the issue and not going to regurgitate this entire thread. But turning the chat off is a reason of concern in the first place White Knight. We want controlled chat and a less toxic environment for new people and community to actually be enjoyable not "segregated".

How am i white knighting? Im literally saying lets stop being babies and punish the worst ones. Eventually it will taper off and those ones will be gone. Sitting here policing the chat all day every day is a waste of time. 

• Like 1

We're doing our best to monitor the chats and are working on a system to make the in-game chat experience a little better for everyone. As we cannot monitor them 24/7, we'd greatly appreciate it if you guys could send a ticket with a screenshot to our support team (xbox.playblackdesert.com/support) if we've missed it and/or if you're on discord, shoot any of the GM/CMs a message with the screenshot, channel and Region (NA/EU) and we will make sure that appropriate action is taken. For those of you that don't know, we do have an operational policy that addresses this kind of chatting behavior. (Can be found here: https://xbox.playblackdesert.com/Policy/Policy/PolicyDtl?policyNo=4&revision=). 

We have been enforcing it and will continue to do so. As for dev side, we are working on implementing more in-game chat features (mute/report) etc... If you want the option to just be able to talk to your guild members/friends, you can adjust the privileges in your Xbox Live settings and it will filter out all of the world server chat. We promise that this issue is not being ignored and we are doing our best to make sure that this toxicity gets cleaned up. Until then, we can only ask you for your patience and understanding. Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, CM Valencia said:

We're doing our best to monitor the chats and are working on a system to make the in-game chat experience a little better for everyone. As we cannot monitor them 24/7, we'd greatly appreciate it if you guys could send a ticket with a screenshot to our support team (xbox.playblackdesert.com/support) if we've missed it and/or if you're on discord, shoot any of the GM/CMs a message with the screenshot, channel and Region (NA/EU) and we will make sure that appropriate action is taken. For those of you that don't know, we do have an operational policy that addresses this kind of chatting behavior. (Can be found here: https://xbox.playblackdesert.com/Policy/Policy/PolicyDtl?policyNo=4&revision=). 

We have been enforcing it and will continue to do so. As for dev side, we are working on implementing more in-game chat features (mute/report) etc... If you want the option to just be able to talk to your guild members/friends, you can adjust the privileges in your Xbox Live settings and it will filter out all of the world server chat. We promise that this issue is not being ignored and we are doing our best to make sure that this toxicity gets cleaned up. Until then, we can only ask you for your patience and understanding. Thank you.

Get ready for the tsunami of screenshots.

7 minutes ago, CM Valencia said:

Thank you. If you read through our discusion here it’s obvious this is an important issues to not only us here, but thousands of other players who remain silent and just “deal with it”. 👍🏼

Yup, read through the entire discussion and we do understand the gravity of the situation. Thank you guys for your report and trying to keep the community friendly for everyone. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CM Valencia said:

Yup, read through the entire discussion and we do understand the gravity of the situation. Thank you guys for your report and trying to keep the community friendly for everyone. 

You’re welcome. Thank you for everything you do to support us.